PDA

View Full Version : Secret Worries

Mojouw
09-09-2016, 05:08 PM
What is the one potentially overlooked thing that has you concerned about this season? Mine is that the Steelers miss Miller's blocking in the run game more than anyone predicts.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/steelers-film-room-jesse-james-vs-panthers/

Miller would have made every one of those blocks. James only made some of them.

86WARD
09-09-2016, 05:16 PM
The loss of Heath Miller is definitely one of mine. The loss of Bryant is my biggest one. I have no confidence that any of those other receivers will be half the player Bryant was. He's a special player...

Shoes
09-09-2016, 05:20 PM
This has been in my thoughts since the Steelers passed on drafting a TE. There isn't anyone on the team that can do what Miller did in blocking and catching the football in tight places. I was never sold on James much less his backup.

steelreserve
09-09-2016, 05:39 PM
That no one is actually ready to play cornerback.

Steeldude
09-09-2016, 05:40 PM
What is the one potentially overlooked thing that has you concerned about this season? Mine is that the Steelers miss Miller's blocking in the run game more than anyone predicts.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/steelers-film-room-jesse-james-vs-panthers/

Which is why I didn't understand acquiring Green. Hopefully James will at least be an upgrade over Miller on the offensive side.

polamalubeast
09-09-2016, 05:51 PM
The lack of TE could be a good thing because it will force Haley to play with 3 WR more often.The Steelers are unstoppable when they are with 3 WR on the field.A blocking TE is less important when your o-line is very good.

Psycho Ward 86
09-09-2016, 06:00 PM
My concern is how much Bryant's suspension seems underplayed. Just about every pundit thinks we'll be the top or one of the top offensive units with certainty, but we do average an entire TD less points per game without Bryant. And we dont have Ladarius Green to take over the role of that big receiver. Hopefully Sammie Coates comes through

polamalubeast
09-09-2016, 06:07 PM
My concern is how much Bryant's suspension seems underplayed. Just about every pundit thinks we'll be the top or one of the top offensive units with certainty, but we do average an entire TD less points per game without Bryant. And we dont have Ladarius Green to take over the role of that big receiver. Hopefully Sammie Coates comes through

The steelers were bad in offense in 2014 in the six games without Bryant since it was Justin Brown who was our 3rd WR( and not forgetting that the offense was still a dink and dunk offense).We'll see if Eli Rogers and/or Sammie Coates will be good, but if this is the case the steelers will be fine, especially when Bell will come back.

Remember, the steelers have move the ball very well without Bryant (and Bell) in the first two games last year when Ben was healthy.

I understand your concern, but if Eli Rogers or Sammie Coates play well, the Steelers will be fine

slippy
09-09-2016, 06:14 PM

i have been a huge Miller guy since the 2005 indy game, but he was in steep decline. i saw him miss so many blocks last year that he normally made in his sleep. i think he retired at just the right time. HEEEEEEEEEEATH.

- - - Updated - - -

a list of my concerns from big to small:

ben's health
ben's health
ben's health

ThorndikeFFA
09-09-2016, 06:26 PM
I agree with Slippy's list of concerns. As long as Ben is in the game we have a chance to win.

LloydWoodson
09-09-2016, 10:01 PM
OLB is my biggest concern. Dupree out who is the top OLB? Harrison at 38 or whatever?

Mojouw
09-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Great stuff in here. My biggest homer hope is that Dupree's absence is a blessing in disguise. Hopefully Chickfilet is vrabel2.0 and they are forced to find that out.

I think Rogers got all the hype because outside of manic Steelers fans he was unknown but 3 weeks into the season I really believe it will be about Coates. I think he can be Demaryius Thomas good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeldude
09-10-2016, 01:15 PM
OLB is my biggest concern. Dupree out who is the top OLB? Harrison at 38 or whatever?

Harrison was the top OLB before Dupree was injured. I wouldn't even call Dupree even second at this point. As of now Moats would be second, IMO.

st33lersguy
09-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Durability is the biggest issue for me

awe1028
09-10-2016, 01:44 PM

Exactly my main secret worry also. The loss of Bryant hurts but I think Sammie Coates is being severely under - rated as to how big an impact he will have on the offense

I am not as concerned about the secondary either. Gay Cockrell Mitchell and Golden are a solid group and the back ups Gilbert Burns Golson Davis though inexperienced are extremely talented

But exactly who do we have at OLB. Moats is a backup Jarvis we know what he is. Harrison can still get it done but is 38. Chickillo is the only one that can stop and I am cautiously optimistic he will. But despite the fact he has shown flashes, he's still unproven which makes OLB the biggest concern/worry for this team

polamalubeast
09-12-2016, 09:11 PM
My only concern after the first game is the pass rush.

Craic
09-12-2016, 10:11 PM
My only concern after the first game is the pass rush.

I'm not even sure I'm worried about that. The Steelers rushed three quite a bit tonight. I also saw two bull rushes literally rip through the Skins's o'line. I'm not saying it won't be a problem but as of right now, I'm not quite that concerned about it.

86WARD
09-12-2016, 10:41 PM
My concern is how the team is going to defend the better TE/QB combos in the league...Dalton/Eifert, Brady/Gronk, etc...

Butch
09-12-2016, 10:44 PM
That Steeler fans are too worried about things that involve the Steelers Teams. Hopefully things will settle down once we win the Super Bowl this year.

tube517
09-12-2016, 10:46 PM
My secret worry: Landy Jones isn't even trusted to do the Victory Formation :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2016, 10:58 PM
My concern is how the team is going to defend the better TE/QB combos in the league...Dalton/Eifert, Brady/Gronk, etc...

yeah no kidding. its looking like yet another year where this is a huge problem. shaizier looked great deflecting their near TD for Jordan Reed tonight though

Steel Peon
09-12-2016, 11:27 PM
I fear a victory against an inferior run defense, coupled with several fortunate offensive and defensive plays making the team over-confident.

86WARD
09-13-2016, 06:46 AM
So much luck on the side of the Steelers last night. Fumbles that weren't fumbles touchdowns that should not have happened. That game last night could've easily went as far in the other direction.