PDA

View Full Version : Josh Norman says he respects Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown

polamalubeast
09-07-2016, 05:49 PM
ASHBURN, Va. -- It's not a war of words Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman wants to get into with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a jersey swap.

Not that it'll happen. Two years ago, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin began prohibiting the team's players from engaging in them. But the overall point from Norman was simple. He has a healthy respect for two of the players he'll face Monday night: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and receiver Antonio Brown.

"Oh my gosh, Big Ben, another great one," Norman said. "You look at the quarterbacks in this league, and Big Ben has been up there since he's been in the league. He's one of the great ones. I'll walk up to him and be like, 'Hey, can I get your jersey?'

"That's how much respect I've got for him. I don't ask for jerseys like that, until someone shows me they are great at what they do. Big Ben is that. That's the utmost respect I have for a quarterback."

read more

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17489225/washington-redskins-cb-josh-norman-says-respects-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-wr-antonio-brown

lipps83
09-07-2016, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't be upset if AB makes that Norman contract look like the next in a long, long line of big contract mistakes the Redskins have handed out.

polamalubeast
09-07-2016, 07:43 PM
We'll find out this year if Josh Norman is that good.

The pass rush of the panthers were unbelievable in the last few years, I think the Panthers had 60 sacks in 2013 !!!!

Hawkman
09-07-2016, 09:31 PM
:lol:Kiss ass!!

86WARD
09-07-2016, 09:36 PM
AB has swapped jerseys since Tomlin made that "illegal".

DesertSteel
09-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Well based on OBJ, Norman appears to play great when angry so let's keep him calm. For some reason I think Jesse James is going to have a big game with all the attention paid elsewhere. Let's say 5-6 catches for 70 or so yards and a TD for JJ.

tube517
09-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Again, BSPN w/the lazy journalism. It wasn't Tomlin's "decision" but he was just enforcing the licensing agreement.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/10/9/6952145/steelers-licensing-agreement-provides-reason-for-barred-jersey

Devilsdancefloor
09-08-2016, 02:18 PM
AB will get his 5 catches plus a few extra 100+ yards receiving norman will be shaking his head all night

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Well based on OBJ, Norman appears to play great when angry so let's keep him calm. For some reason I think Jesse James is going to have a big game with all the attention paid elsewhere. Let's say 5-6 catches for 70 or so yards and a TD for JJ.

I'm thinking that we may see a breakout game for Eli Rogers.

86WARD
09-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Norman may turn out to be a Nnamdi Asomugha type bust in Washington...they're defensive scheme doesn't really fit Norman's style of play...this has the Philly signing of Nnamdi written all over it.