PDA

View Full Version : Age is just a number to the Steelers' DeAngelo Williams

stillers4me
09-05-2016, 08:36 AM
DeAngelo Williams is the oldest running back in the NFL, and Cam Heyward made sure everyone knew it during training camp. He encouraged the fans at Saint Vincent College to serenade Williams with a rendition of “Happy Birthday” every day, even though his real birthday is April 25.

Williams is 33 and a month older than Frank Gore of the Colts. (John Kuhn of the Saints is older, but plays fullback).

Mention his age to Williams and he’ll gladly make the next few minutes as uncomfortable as possible. Le’Veon Bell knows that chip on Williams’ shoulder well. His locker is only a few stalls away and he hears the lectures Williams gives reporters on a regular basis.

“He should have a chip on his shoulder,” Bell said. “I’ll be blessed if I make it to that age and still play at the level he is.”

In an era when most running backs are past their prime by the time their rookie contract expires, Williams has defied the odds...........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/09/04/Age-is-just-a-number-to-the-Pittsburgh-Steelers-DeAngelo-Williams-NFL-football/stories/201609040055

86WARD
09-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Even at his age, Williams was one of the better signings this team has made in the last few seasons. He's a high character guy that's good to have around the locker room.