PDA

View Full Version : Steelers go to plan B for tight ends

stillers4me
08-31-2016, 06:01 PM
It is not uncommon for coach Mike Tomlin to rest every significant starter for the final preseason game, which is what he intends to do Thursday night in Carolina.

But, while more than half the starting offense and backup DeAngelo Williams will be missing against the Panthers, one significant starter and his backup will be on the field against the defending NFC champions.

In many ways, tight end Jesse James has become a significant starter on offense because, well, it wasn’t exactly what the Steelers were envisioning for the position after Heath Miller retired. And Xavier Grimble, who was viewed as something of a developmental project, is now cast in the role as one of the backups to James........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/08/31/With-Ladarius-Green-out-Steelers-go-to-plan-B-for-tight-ends/stories/201608310222

86WARD
09-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Grimble reminds me of Eric Green for some reason...only with a smaller bottom half...

BlackAndGold
09-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Seems like Grimble will go to the PS if they find another TE.

Still needs a lot of work.

teegre
09-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Grimble reminds me of Eric Green for some reason...

Will Grimble lay on the three-yard line (as opposed to getting up and running into the end zone) in an AFCCG?

86WARD
09-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Lol. Good,question...

pczach
09-03-2016, 07:08 AM
Will Grimble lay on the three-yard line (as opposed to getting up and running into the end zone) in an AFCCG?

Let's hope that proud tradition never rears its ugly head again.