PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Villanueva critical of QB Kaepernicks decision to sit during national anthem

tube517
08-29-2016, 11:06 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/08/29/Steelers-Alejandro-Villanueva-critical-of-49ers-QB-Colin-Kaepernick-decision-to-sit-during-national-anthem/stories/201608290128

Steelers left tackle Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served three tours of duty in Afghanistan, was critical of Colin Kaepernick’s decision to sit in protest during the national anthem, saying plenty of minority servicemen are dying overseas so the San Francisco 49ers quarterback can have a platform to express his opinion.

I don't like discussing politics (I know this is an NFL story) but if anyone has a beef, Al V has just as much right to be critical of Krapernick's "protest"

Shoes
08-29-2016, 11:17 AM
That's the difference between a real man and a kid with shit in his pants

Mojouw
08-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Doesn't matter who we personally agree with - each has the guaranteed right to express their opinion in any way legally sanctioned way they see fit. We don't have to like it, but that is the entire point of the system, right?

Shoes
08-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Doesn't matter who we personally agree with - each has the guaranteed right to express their opinion in any way legally sanctioned way they see fit. We don't have to like it, but that is the entire point of the system, right?

Yes, as long men & women are willing to lay their lives down for that flag.

Steeldude
08-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Kaepernick is another clueless BLM nut.

steelreserve
08-29-2016, 12:57 PM

Yes, he has the right to have whatever dumb opinion he wants, and in return, I have the right to say he's a stupid dicknugget who ought to shut up. He really picked about the most clueless possible way of doing his little "protest" - to most rational people, refusing to stand during the national anthem has nothing at all to do with what he is upset about, and only makes you look like a real asshole.

It's really not too hard to figure out where this is all coming from; all you have to do is listen to him talk for 5 seconds. It's the archetypical white-person-trying-way-too-hard-to-talk-like-a-black-person-from-the-street, which has basically been his demeanor and the way he's carried himself since he came into the league. This seems like a natural extension of that. I suppose that's his right too, but all it does is make him look pathetic.

Mojouw
08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
He has accomplished the goal of any form of protest. Stupid or not. Agree or disagree. Kaepernick has gotten people talking and thinking about the issue.

SteelMayhem72
08-29-2016, 01:20 PM
they are not talking about the issue...hes a damn left wing liberal muslim nut and thats what people are talking about and rightfully so

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

steelreserve
08-29-2016, 02:01 PM
He has accomplished the goal of any form of protest. Stupid or not. Agree or disagree. Kaepernick has gotten people talking and thinking about the issue.

Not really. People have already been talking about those issues for a long time. Kaepernick just makes himself look like an unappreciative jerk, and if anything, his "protest" makes me want to do the opposite of whatever he wants.

For what it's worth - if you were to make a list of the 50 or 100 most important issues facing our country, racism wouldn't even be on the list and it wouldn't be close. It was really a masterful piece of manipulation for the Great Divider and his party to get people so worked up over it for political gain, but in reality there is almost nothing there. And shame on all the people who fell for it.

Count Steeler
08-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Perhaps his protest would resonate much more, if he actually went to these different cities and helped the oppressed. Sitting down during the anthem only draws attention to himself. Sacrificing his time and money, helping the oppressed, has less spotlight, but more impact.

tube517
08-29-2016, 02:07 PM

Shoes
08-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Perhaps his protest would resonate much more, if he actually went to these different cities and helped the oppressed. Sitting down during the anthem only draws attention to himself. Sacrificing his time and money, helping the oppressed, has less spotlight, but more impact.

I don't think Kaepernick has any more concern for Black People then BLM does. BLM is using plays right out of the Hamas & Hezbollah play book. Just as they used the Palestinians, so is BLM using Black People and maybe that connection is more than a few plays.

ALLD
08-29-2016, 06:46 PM
It doesn't take much to sit on your butt and do nothing, then talk about it like you just did something.

Steeldude
08-29-2016, 08:40 PM

Not really. If anything it makes logical people see just how ridiculous and willfully ignorant people like Kaepernick can be.

fansince'76
08-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Kaepernick has gotten people talking and thinking about the issue.

Seems to me the only thing people are talking about is what a giant ass Kaepernick's made of himself.

LloydWoodson
08-29-2016, 11:43 PM

Right... because CNN doesn't race bait and inflame tensions every day.

BLM shouldn't get any attention. There is no BLM platform. They have no
legitimate solutions whatsoever.

BLM isn't so much of an organization as a label applied to give legitmacy to rioters.

That isn't even the point! If Kaepernick is dumb enough to support BLM so be it.

There are hundreds of black athletes who do support BLM I'm sure... but protesting by disrespecting his own country is moral and intellectual cowardice. Period. There is no other way to see it.

Go on talkshows, wear BLM stickers on your helmet, organize a march, start a charity, write a book... GIVE ME A LAZIER WAY TO PROTEST THAN SITTING ON YOUR ASS!!! Hahaha!

What a hero! He sat on his ass! It's a joke like BLM is a joke.

Craic
08-30-2016, 01:09 AM
tweet

This cracked me up. Villanueva handled it with class—and then D.Will comes along buries K with an @ and praise for a teammate. Feels good to see Classy Steelers acts again.

Mojouw
08-30-2016, 09:43 AM
I do not wish to engage in a political debate with anyone, ever again. Also this is a football forum.

All I will say is that Kap is a washed up never-was as a player and I am highly uncertain whether I find his chosen mode of protest appropriate.

I do strongly feel that I am fortunate to live in a place where his, mine, and all of our rights to express our opinions any damn way we want is protected.

Many places in the world, half the crap that gets posted around here would have the re-education police knocking down our doors. Assuming we even had a door and the internet....

j-d-s
08-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Kap probably realized that he may be cut really soon, so this is his last chance at doing anything anyone will notice. Cuz his play is poor, so he chose to insult the american people and soldiers. Shows what kind of guy he is, a disrespectful punk.I

If I were the owner of the Niners I would cut Kap outright and not let him waste a valuable roster spot.

steelreserve
08-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Many places in the world, half the crap that gets posted around here would have the re-education police knocking down our doors.

You mean like Facebook or Twitter? The Thought Police will pretty much crucify you and ban you from employment if you post that stuff there.

AtlantaDan
08-30-2016, 05:41 PM
Kaepernick is another clueless BLM nut.

But Rodney Harrison says Kaepernick is not black:confused::behindsofa:

In addressing the Kaepernick situation, Harrison suggested that Kaepernick isn’t black.
“I tell you this, I’m a black man,” Harrison said, via Deadspin. “And Colin Kaepernick, he’s not black (http://deadspin.com/rodney-harrison-colin-kaepernick-hes-not-black-1785948642). He cannot understand what I face and what other young black men and black people face, or people of color face, on a every single [day] basis. When you walk in a grocery store . . . and you might have $2,000 or $3,000 in your pocket and you go up into a Foot Locker and they’re looking at you like you about to steal something. . . . I’m not saying that he has to be black. I said his heart is in the right place, but even with what he’s doing, he still doesn’t understand the injustices that we face as a black man or people of color, that’s what I’m saying.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/rodney-harrison-apologizes-for-colin-kaepernick-comment/

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/rodney-harrison-apologizes-for-colin-kaepernick-comment/)

tube517
08-30-2016, 05:47 PM
But Rodney Harrison says Kaepernick is not black:confused::behindsofa:

In addressing the Kaepernick situation, Harrison suggested that Kaepernick isn’t black.
“I tell you this, I’m a black man,” Harrison said, via Deadspin. “And Colin Kaepernick, he’s not black (http://deadspin.com/rodney-harrison-colin-kaepernick-hes-not-black-1785948642). He cannot understand what I face and what other young black men and black people face, or people of color face, on a every single [day] basis. When you walk in a grocery store . . . and you might have $2,000 or $3,000 in your pocket and you go up into a Foot Locker and they’re looking at you like you about to steal something. . . . I’m not saying that he has to be black. I said his heart is in the right place, but even with what he’s doing, he still doesn’t understand the injustices that we face as a black man or people of color, that’s what I’m saying.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/rodney-harrison-apologizes-for-colin-kaepernick-comment/

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/rodney-harrison-apologizes-for-colin-kaepernick-comment/)

pepsyman1
08-30-2016, 06:57 PM

The pick up of D Williams looks better and better every day.

tube517
08-31-2016, 06:44 AM
From Hines Ward's Facebook page:

I'm not down on Kaepernick promoting his cause or the timing of it. I respect that. But I don't agree with the method he chose. Our national anthem stands for our freedom for all Americans regardless of color. It symbolizes the very reason Kaepernick is able to speak his mind and exercise his first amendment rights. If you want to make a point or take a stand, go straight after the root of that cause. Don't disrespect the whole country or the organization that's paying you millions of dollars to play football. Hines

Mach1
08-31-2016, 11:54 AM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14212641_748202571984115_2764689983358397624_n.jpg ?oh=95f9232bed553a553077924d6a53942b&oe=58399610

fansince'76
08-31-2016, 12:47 PM

Kaepernick's not the only one who needs to give it a rest... :coffee:

Shoes
08-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Kaepernick's not the only one who needs to give it a rest... :coffee:

:chuckle:

Rotorhead
08-31-2016, 02:10 PM
The most annoying thing is the moronic BSPN article trying to say the word slave in the full score of the song was a racist remark, when in actuality it was referring to the British policy of capturing American vessels at sea and forcing them to serve in the British crews. Real jounalism is a lost art, nobody can research anything anymore. I probably research things with more effort than 90% of the people on TV and Radio, it is sickening.