PDA

View Full Version : Steelers showing interest in RB Karlos Williams

BlackAndGold
08-29-2016, 07:18 AM

Rushed for 517 yards on 93 carries, 7 rushing TD's last season as a rookie.

He's suspended for the first 4 games of the season due to him violating the leagues substance abuse policy.

Shoes
08-29-2016, 08:11 AM

Rushed for 517 yards on 93 carries, 7 rushing TD's last season as a rookie.

He's suspended for the first 4 games of the season due to him violating the leagues substance abuse policy.

Wonderful another one!

ALLD
08-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Please, no more stoners.

BlackAndGold
08-29-2016, 08:18 AM
Wonderful another one!
[/B]

lol.

It might be worth a chance if Vince can keep him under control. Karlos is very talented. Just needs some growing up to do, an older brother can fix that.

And if Bell also stays clean both, he & Williams would bring a great young 1-2 punch at RB.

Edit:
Have to wonder if they would put him on the practice squad?

tube517
08-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Looks like they don't like Frenchy or the other guy (who looks decent for a #3).

Bringing in Vince's stoner brother does no good for the 1st 4 games unless the guy tweeting is just overblowing the interest because it's Vince's brother. :noidea:

steelreserve
08-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Problem: You're missing your top running back for the first 3 games.

Solution: Bring in a running back who is suspended for the first 4 games.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

polamalubeast
08-29-2016, 10:35 AM
He is out of shape too.....

Shoes
08-29-2016, 11:12 AM
Problem: You're missing your top running back for the first 3 games.

Solution: Bring in a running back who is suspended for the first 4 games.

CHAMPIONSHIP!.

:toofunny:

BlackAndGold
08-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Still waiting for this to be confirmed.

j-d-s
08-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Bell don't need no Stoner buddy. Plus, I think we're good enough at RB with Bell, DeAngelo and Toussaint.

Psycho Ward 86
08-29-2016, 10:44 PM
if not for having Vince on the team I wouldnt even be entertaining the idea. but the dude did average 5.6 YPC and score 9 TD's as a rookie. He could provide an insane bludgeoning starter level RB to be Leveon's backup for years to come. Leveon Bell, Karlos Williams, Fitzgerald Toussaint is an enticing group of RB's, not gonna lie. if we think Vince can keep him under tabs, then im game. our Williams (Deangelo) isnt getting any younger

Mojouw
08-30-2016, 09:45 AM
if not for having Vince on the team I wouldnt even be entertaining the idea. but the dude did average 5.6 YPC and score 9 TD's as a rookie. He could provide an insane bludgeoning starter level RB to be Leveon's backup for years to come. Leveon Bell, Karlos Williams, Fitzgerald Toussaint is an enticing group of RB's, not gonna lie. if we think Vince can keep him under tabs, then im game. our Williams (Deangelo) isnt getting any younger

My thinking runs along similar lines. Fat, stoned, and out of shape is not a good start BUT if Williams can turn it around --- whoa boy!

Plus, those two would run through a wall for the Steelers on Sunday if they help "save" the one brother.

polamalubeast
08-30-2016, 09:56 AM
If he can catch the ball constantly, it would be a good fit but I'm not interested if this is not the case.

steelerdude15
08-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Do we really need Karlos at this point? We have enough running backs who are more than capable to handle the starting running back position and be depth players as well.

Mojouw
08-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Do we really need Karlos at this point? We have enough running backs who are more than capable to handle the starting running back position and be depth players as well.

Likely right that they don't "need" a RB now. But what about one more injury down the line?

Williams is old for a back and a history of getting broken. Bell is almost always hurt a few games per year.

Richardson had a decent rookie year (@ least I think it was his rookie year) and then couldn't do anything in the NFL for a few years. So what can realistically be expected from him?

French Cafe seems to have some decent skills, but after the Denver game last year everyone said he should be cut and was totally responsible for losing the game...

I have no idea what kind of character and off the field concerns Williams has, but based on these two scouting reports - he may be a superior athlete

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/RB/Fitzgerald-Toussaint

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/karlos-williams?id=2552380

Biggest concern is that Willams can not seem to stay in shape dating back to college. Maybe this past off-season has forced him to grow up?

steelerdude15
08-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Likely right that they don't "need" a RB now. But what about one more injury down the line?

Williams is old for a back and a history of getting broken. Bell is almost always hurt a few games per year.

Richardson had a decent rookie year (@ least I think it was his rookie year) and then couldn't do anything in the NFL for a few years. So what can realistically be expected from him?

French Cafe seems to have some decent skills, but after the Denver game last year everyone said he should be cut and was totally responsible for losing the game...

I have no idea what kind of character and off the field concerns Williams has, but based on these two scouting reports - he may be a superior athlete

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/RB/Fitzgerald-Toussaint

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/karlos-williams?id=2552380

Biggest concern is that Willams can not seem to stay in shape dating back to college. Maybe this past off-season has forced him to grow up?

You do raise some good points that I didn't think about while I wrote my last post regarding injuries and performance so I can see why the Steelers would like to add Karlos.

Mojouw
08-30-2016, 11:12 AM
You do raise some good points that I didn't think about while I wrote my last post regarding injuries and performance so I can see why the Steelers would like to add Karlos.

The concern seems to be that he is lazy and likes drugs. I have no idea how an NFL team assesses that risk.

Possibility with Bryant and Bell the Steelers "radar" on this issue is off.

The odd over thinker in me is convinced that if they sign this Williams, then that means his brother is going to fully supplant Timmons in 2017.

polamalubeast
08-31-2016, 06:50 PM

Still waiting for this to be confirmed.

Shoes
08-31-2016, 07:14 PM
:jawdrop2:...........260 pounds!

http://www.profootballrumors.com

Rotorhead
09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
While Fitz did fumble away the game/season last year, it was against a great defense so I don't harp too much on him for it. Remember that Def won the SB for the Broncos. I think he did fine aside from that and think he will stick as a backup. IF we get the SB win this year, I think DeAngelo probably retires so I guess Karlos would fit in at that point, however he seems to be one of those entitled players (not in shape ever, smoking pot, etc) so I would rather not have him on the team.

86WARD
09-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Called doing their homework. There were times last season that Williams looked like the real deal...I wouldn't mind if they signed him as their 3rd back. Can he return kicks? A Bell, Williams and Williams combo isn't too shabby...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

86WARD
09-02-2016, 09:04 PM
bTW - Titans released Dexter McCluster ... A Todd Haley favorite...

hawaiiansteeler
09-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Mark Kaboly Retweeted
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates

Source: the Steelers worked out former Titans RB David Cobb. Has also visited the Patriots, Chiefs & Jets.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Rara
09-07-2016, 09:14 PM
And with Cobb signed to the practice squad..Williams is no longer needed. Well, unless Williams has gotten into shape by the end of his suspension.