PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Bell looks like old self in return to field

stillers4me
08-27-2016, 08:35 AM
So it wasn’t all perfect for Le’Veon Bell.

There was that lost fumble on a slip-screen pass at the New Orleans 22 that derailed what could have been a third consecutive scoring drive to start the game.

But, eager to show everyone he was recovered from a season-ending knee injury just 10 months ago, Bell did just that for most of the first half in the Steelers’ 27-14 preseason victory against the Saints Friday night at Mecedes-Benz Superdome.

It was just what he needed from his first time back since missing the final 10 games of the 2016 season.

“I still got to be the same player,” Bell said. “I got to be aggressive and deliver punishment and still be a physical guy. But I have to be smart. That’s what I have to do.”

While Ben Roethlisberger threw touchdown passes on his first and only two series of the preseason — one to Antonio Brown for 57 yards — the most satisfying aspect for the Steelers was the sight of Bell looking like his old self.

“The guy worked his rear off to come back,” center Maurkice Pouncey said. “He looked like his old self out there.”............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/08/27/Steelers-RB-Bell-looks-like-old-self-in-return-to-field/stories/201608270101

BlackAndGold
08-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Now can he stay healthy on the field and be smart off of it?

pczach
08-27-2016, 09:08 AM

That fumble was so out of character for Bell.

I think he felt his knees take some contact, and he flinched. That's what happens when you haven't taken hits in live action for a while. He was fine after the play, and in his mind I think he now understands he's ok, and his knee is ready to handle the punishment that is coming when you carry the ball.

You're right though. If he stays healthy, the offense goes to a different level.

The other question is whether or not he has corrected the weed problem in his life. If he does, he will have a long and very successful career. If he doesn't, he's going to lose a ton of money and may be out of the NFL.

He's never been a bad guy, but he needs to be smart enough to change his lifestyle to insure he has a chance to play the game and help this team. If not, he'll be gone.

Moose
08-27-2016, 09:15 AM

I think he felt his knees take some contact, and he flinched. That's what happens when you haven't taken hits in live action for a while. He was fine after the play, and in his mind I think he now understands he's ok, and his knee is ready to handle the punishment that is coming when you carry the ball.

You're right though. If he stays healthy, the offense goes to a different level.

The other question is whether or not he has corrected the weed problem in his life. If he does, he will have a long and very successful career. If he doesn't, he's going to lose a ton of money and may be out of the NFL.

He's never been a bad guy, but he needs to be smart enough to change his lifestyle to insure he has a chance to play the game and help this team. If not, he'll be gone.

I agree 100% I think he'll be fine, IF he stays smart !

tube517
08-27-2016, 11:27 AM

Either he flinched or he heard someone on the field yell, "Free Weed!" :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
08-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Just sit him during the Bengals games so that BirfDefect can't take cheap shots at him.

Edman
08-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Too bad he has a ten-cent head.

pczach
08-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Either he flinched or he heard someone on the field yell, "Free Weed!" :chuckle:

:bounce: