PDA

View Full Version : Martavis Bryant vs Stephen A Smith

polamalubeast
08-23-2016, 01:13 PM

LloydWoodson
08-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Stephen A's most recent show was himfor attacking Lebron for saying MJ's teammates don't get enough credit for their 6 championships.

Stephen A said MJ's supporting cast was Wennington, Longley, Paxton and Kerr. The only good player he mentioned was Pippen.

Stephen A ignored Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, BJ Armstrong fully backing Lebron's initial point.

Stephen A is going to look like an idiot now that Bayless is gone. Bayless can make anyone look
sane and reasonable.

Stephen A playing the "I'm from Brooklyn so I'm street" BS and dropping the race card every second or third show makes him unwatchable.

And how is an allegedly diehard Knicks fan (whined about Porzingis being drafted even though the kid can ball) not a fan of the Giants or Jets? I thought you were all about NY "bro"?

Mmm must be the black head coach. Black power! Race card activate!

LloydWoodson
08-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Just FYI I am of the opinion that the NFL needs to stop testing for marijuana. Marijuana is not performance enhancing, is a safer painkiller than addictive vicodin, T3s etc that can harm
players and is already legal in a few states.

Who cares if NFL players smoke weed?! I'm glad Gordon is back too.

And spare me the "It's against the rules so Bryant is an idiot. Pot is bad mmmmmk" talk. Of course it is against the rules. Bryant only hurt himself. This could have been a huge year for him. Coates and DHB will pick up his slack. Ben has tons of weapons with Bell back if Green is decent.

polamalubeast
08-23-2016, 01:55 PM
And how is an allegedly diehard Knicks fan (whined about Porzingis being drafted even though the kid can ball) not a fan of the Giants or Jets? I thought you were all about NY "bro"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RNX0ofgbUY

LloydWoodson
08-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Yup. Porzingis was 3rd in scoring for rookies and can hit 3s as a 7 footer. He should improve as he adjusts to the high level of competition. Seems like the right pick... but what does Phil Jackson know about basketball?

Jackson being another guy Stephen A gave no mention to for "MJ's wins."

steelreserve
08-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Just FYI I am of the opinion that the NFL needs to stop testing for marijuana. Marijuana is not performance enhancing, is a safer painkiller than addictive vicodin, T3s etc that can harm
players and is already legal in a few states.

Who cares if NFL players smoke weed?! I'm glad Gordon is back too.

And spare me the "It's against the rules so Bryant is an idiot. Pot is bad mmmmmk" talk. Of course it is against the rules. Bryant only hurt himself. This could have been a huge year for him. Coates and DHB will pick up his slack. Ben has tons of weapons with Bell back if Green is decent.

I for one think that not only should they stop testing for recreational drugs, they should not be suspending people for common street crimes or embarrassing incidents in public - or basically anything other than trying to cheat on the field. All it does is draw more attention to players' bad behavior; if Goodell is concerned about "cleaning up the image of the league," then he is doing exactly the opposite of what works for that. Not to mention that it is simply not the NFL's job to be some kind of hipshooting auxiliary criminal justice system.

On the other hand, Bryant IS a total fucking moron for doing something that obviously has a rule including you getting suspended. I don't care whether the rule is that you can't smoke pot or that you can't drive a red car - if you did it anyway and got suspended, then you are a fucking idiot for getting suspended. Whether the rule is a good rule or not is a separate question from whether you are a moron for knowing about it beforehand and getting in trouble anyway.

Rotorhead
08-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Stephen Smith is moron, has anything ever come out of his mouth that was worth listening to?

Born2Steel
08-23-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm glad he's not the voice in MY stomach.....:boink:

SteelerFanInStl
08-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Stephen A Smith is a little man with a big mouth.

st33lersguy
08-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Yes Stephen A Smith is a clown, but Bongtavis should just focus more on getting his life back together than engaging in a war of words with this clown

steelcityboyz
08-23-2016, 05:20 PM
i'm not a fan of Stephen A but maybe Martavis might just take his insults and run with it and quit hurting the team.

Nadroj 20
08-24-2016, 12:19 PM
I've been watching the show just for something to watch until the summer is over and the new guy Max Kellerman is embarrassing Stephen A Smith.

Kellerman knows his stuff and is owning Smith on many debates.

polamalubeast
09-09-2016, 01:35 PM

fansince'76
09-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Stephen A is going to look like an idiot now that Bayless is gone. Bayless can make anyone look sane and reasonable.

That ship has long since sailed.

I tuned that fool out completely years ago after he got his ass handed to him in a basketball "debate" with Bill Walton. Instead of conceding his points, or better yet, realizing he got schooled by a basketball HoFer who obviously knew infinitely more about the sport than he did and simply STFU before he made himself look more foolish, he continued to just talk louder and louder hammering away at the exact same points, like increasing his volume somehow made him "right."

And this "battle of wits" between Smith and Bryant is just another example of just how much of an idiot's playground Twitter really is.

tube517
09-09-2016, 02:10 PM
That ship has long since sailed.

I tuned that fool out completely years ago after he got his ass handed to him in a basketball "debate" with Bill Walton. Instead of conceding his points, or better yet, realizing he got schooled by a basketball HoFer who obviously knew infinitely more about the sport than he did and simply STFU before he made himself look more foolish, he continued to just talk louder and louder hammering away at the exact same points, like increasing his volume somehow made him "right."

And this "battle of wits" between Smith and Bryant is just another example of just how much of an idiot's playground Twitter really is.

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/20/51/9ca1d80b88debe13bb6edd5a06ff277f.jpg :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-09-2016, 02:16 PM
I've been watching the show just for something to watch until the summer is over and the new guy Max Kellerman is embarrassing Stephen A Smith.

Kellerman knows his stuff and is owning Smith on many debates.

Dude's a moron. Worse, he's a rich moron - he gets $2.5 mil per year from ESPN and another cool mil from Sirius. My question is, what's his pedigree? He's not an ex-pro jock and he's not a hot woman, and those are the two demographics that generally get those gigs. What gives? What's more, where do I sign up? I can be an obnoxious clueless assclown too!

pczach
09-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Dude's a moron. Worse, he's a rich moron - he gets $2.5 mil per year from ESPN and another cool mil from Sirius. My question is, what's his pedigree? He's not an ex-pro jock and he's not a hot woman, and those are the two demographics that generally get those gigs. What gives? What's more, where do I sign up? I can be an obnoxious clueless assclown too!

We've noticed.............but thanks for coming clean.

:rofl2:

In all seriousness. What would we do without you!

Keep up the good work you knucklehead! We assclowns have to stick together. Chest Bump

fansince'76
09-09-2016, 10:28 PM
We've noticed.............but thanks for coming clean.

:rofl2:

In all seriousness. What would we do without you!

Keep up the good work you knucklehead! We assclowns have to stick together. Chest Bump

I walked right into that one, didn't I? :doh: :lol:

pczach
09-10-2016, 09:16 AM

:pointlaugh:

st33lersguy
09-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Of course Stephen A Smith recently called for Harrison to be suspended for no reason over the PED bs

BigNastyDefense
09-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Smith is an arrogant, ignorant jackass.

Hopefully MB uses this as fuel to fix whatever his issues are that have him addicted to marijuana so next year he can get back on the field and stay on the field, catching deep bombs from Big Ben and scoring touchdowns.

86WARD
09-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Smith and Bayless make careers out of stupid ignorant comments to get attention. Smith has been successful once again...he's gotten his name back out there for the kickoff of the NFL season...good work.

Hawkman
09-11-2016, 09:09 AM

Yep!:chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
09-26-2016, 02:44 PM
ESPN First Take - Stephen A. Smith Is Ashamed Of the Steelers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAtXtbSzuoE

86WARD
09-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Who cares?