PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger plans to play Friday against Saints

polamalubeast
08-22-2016, 10:10 AM
PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger plans to play in Friday's preseason game against the New Orleans Saints.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback doesn't remember missing a third preseason game in his first 12 years in the league.

"I'd like to be out there. It's a different speed," Roethlisberger said. "I know my line doesn't want to hear it, but I wouldn't mind getting hit once. Maybe after the ball is gone, just a little tap from a defensive guy."

The Steelers have sidelined the offensive trio of Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell for the first two preseason games. Bell's status is uncertain because of his recovery from knee surgery in November, but Brown's chances to play are greater.

Roethlisberger will look to find an in-game rhythm with younger playmakers such as Markus Wheaton, Sammie Coates, Eli Rogers and Jesse James.

read more

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17365622/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-plans-play-friday-ready-take-hit

Born2Steel
08-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Would be awesome to see some live Steeler football this preseason. Just keep it healthy.

Hawkman
08-22-2016, 01:01 PM
"I wouldn't mind getting hit"??? He still hasn't recovered from that motorcycle accident! :grin:

Shoes
08-22-2016, 01:11 PM
"I wouldn't mind getting hit"??? He still hasn't recovered from that motorcycle accident! :grin:

Yep, there is only one Ben and I'm glad we have him!

polamalubeast
08-22-2016, 03:03 PM