PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer makes most of his shot with Steelers

stillers4me
09-11-2010, 06:20 AM
By Phil Axelrod

PITTSBURGH – Don’t believe everything you’ve heard about first impressions being the ones that last. After a shaky start with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Jonathan Dwyer created the impression that counted in the final two exhibition games to earn a spot on the 53-man roster.

Dwyer reversed his fortunes after coming to training camp hampered by a few extra pounds, nagging injuries and a suspect approach that didn't endear the running back to coach Mike Tomlin. He led the Steelers in rushing in exhibitions against Denver and Carolina, albeit a chunk of those yards came late against players no longer wearing an NFL uniform......................

http://www.ajc.com/sports/dwyer-makes-most-of-611152.html

cold-hard-steel
09-11-2010, 07:57 AM
At first i thought of him as a cream puff.He has not really proved otherwise thus far,but enough was thought of him to retain him.You go Dwyer!Show the nation what ya got.

Devilsdancefloor
09-11-2010, 07:59 AM
good read!

cold-hard-steel
09-11-2010, 08:06 AM
I watched some of his footage from college cause i knew nothing about him.Then in preseason he kept getting nicked up. I thought he was a creampuff.Hope i am wrong,maybe i should re-evaluate him i guess.Never thought he did not have the tools,just thought he was kind of soft.I'm wrong a lot though,so we will see.

steelpride12
09-11-2010, 08:14 AM
That's why you play 4 preseason games right there. Comes out of the gates a little slow, but really shows flashes of skill at the RB position once he get's his feet settled.

SteelerFanInStl
09-11-2010, 07:51 PM
He came into camp overweight and out of shape. He didn't show me anything until that play where he carried half of the defense for about 6-7 yards. Everything changed after that play.