PDA

View Full Version : LeVeon Bell is having his suspension reduced from 4 to 3 games

polamalubeast
08-19-2016, 01:49 PM

Shoes
08-19-2016, 01:59 PM
See if he can make it 3 in a row next year.

hawaiiansteeler
08-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Le’Veon Bell suspension reduced from 4 games to 3

By James Brady on Aug 19, 20+

Bell’s appeal successfully convinced the NFL to reduce his suspension.

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell will serve a reduced suspension of three games after an appeal to the NFL, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Bell was originally suspended four games for missed drug tests, but told the media that he planned to appeal and that he did not plan to miss any games.

Bell’s suspension was his second in two years, after having a three-game suspension for violating the same substance abuse policy in 2015. He successfully reduced his suspension to two games on appeal last year, but still wound up missing a total of 10 games after sustaining a season-ending knee injury.

The big question was whether or not Bell would be 100 percent healthy for the start of the season due to the injury before his suspension was handed down. The Steelers’ running game became a huge question mark when his suspension was handed down, however.

Last season DeAngelo Williams filled in quite well for Bell, managing 907 yards and 11 touchdowns on the ground. He averaged 4.5 yards per carry, which was surprising late in his career, and many wondered if he had enough left in the tank to carry the team’s rushing attack for another four games.

Bell will miss games against Washington, the Bengals and the Eagles, and he will return for the Steelers’ Sunday Night Football matchup against the Chiefs in Week 4.

In three seasons in the league, Bell has rushed for 2,777 yards and 19 touchdowns, including an impressive 1,361 yards and eight touchdowns in 2014. That season, he also had 854 yards and three touchdowns through the air. That’s what he’s capable of doing in a full 16-game season, but missed 10 games in 2015 and three games as a rookie in 2013.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/19/12319364/leveon-bell-suspension-appeal-steelers-reduced

BlackAndGold
08-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Well, missing 3 games is better than missing 4, right?

polamalubeast
08-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Bell will miss the game at Washington,at home against the Bengals and at Philadelphia...He will be back at home against the chiefs.

I am tired of his suspension...He need to stop now!

hawaiiansteeler
08-19-2016, 02:13 PM
I am tired of his suspension...He need to stop now!

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Staying in the same stage of the program means Le'Veon Bell's next suspension would also be four games, not 10. Decent deal for him.

Alex Kozora Retweeted Mike Garafolo

Important detail though one I hope Bell has to never deal with again.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Rotorhead
08-19-2016, 02:29 PM
Well, there should be no question about the health of his knee now. He should be 100% by then (if he isnt already). Now he just needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize he is just hurting his team and his pocket book with this BS.

steelerdude15
08-19-2016, 02:38 PM
I would like to know why they reduced the suspension to three games. I wish we could see a report or something of what was said in the appeal hearing.

Steelermania
08-19-2016, 02:48 PM
I would like to know why they reduced the suspension to three games. I wish we could see a report or something of what was said in the appeal hearing.

This pretty much proves that he was suspended for missing tests, not testing positive. His excuse must have been semi decent, enough to reduce his punishment, but not enough to eliminate it.

Steeldude
08-19-2016, 03:12 PM
If they re-sign him I hope they put a clause in his contract on using drugs.

Steeldude
08-19-2016, 03:20 PM
This pretty much proves that he was suspended for missing tests, not testing positive. His excuse must have been semi decent, enough to reduce his punishment, but not enough to eliminate it.

Not really. By the time he took the test it would be out of his system. It can be in your system for up to 67 days if you are a regular user. I am thinking he used it right after his probation ended in February.

SteelMayhem72
08-19-2016, 03:31 PM
im tired of these dumbasses on our team...cant ever have all our talent on the field at the same time...i wouldnt mind if we let bell and bryant walk

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
08-19-2016, 03:32 PM
i actually read he failed a drug test in march

SteelMayhem72
08-19-2016, 03:33 PM
he failed a drug test in march

SteelMayhem72
08-19-2016, 03:34 PM
im pretty sure i just read that on a steelers site article

st33lersguy
08-19-2016, 03:39 PM
We don't need him. This offense was doing just fine without him. Heck our O-line was good enough without Pouncey to allow our 3rd and 4th string RBs to combine for over 100 yards rushing during a road playoff game. Plus with the 2017 RB class as deep as it is, I wouldn't waste one penny on this pothead

polamalubeast
08-19-2016, 03:57 PM
We don't need him. This offense was doing just fine without him. Heck our O-line was good enough without Pouncey to allow our 3rd and 4th string RBs to combine for over 100 yards rushing during a road playoff game. Plus with the 2017 RB class as deep as it is, I wouldn't waste one penny on this pothead

I disagree.Bell is not only a great runner, he is also a great receiver for a running back.Bell had 83 catch for about 850 yards as a receiver in 2014

I hope that Bell will be on the Franchise TAG next year and than after he will sign a long term contract with a clause on using drugs with us.

- - - Updated - - -

ALLD
08-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Bell said he wouldn't miss any games.

Bell needs to decide if drugs are more important than his career which he is taking for granted considering how much time he misses due to injury or poor judgement.

Time to grow up and leave the past stupid stuff behind if he wants to win it all.

steelerdude15
08-19-2016, 04:25 PM

Other than missing a test, which the NFL sees as a failed test, where has anyone said he actually took a test and tested positive for a drug?

- - - Updated - - -

If Le'Veon is telling the truth that he was supposed to take a drug test at 5:37am, what type of employer would send an employee for a drug test that early in the morning?

- - - Updated - - -

If they re-sign him I hope they put a clause in his contract on using drugs.

That would be ideal.

polamalubeast
08-19-2016, 04:26 PM

vader29
08-19-2016, 04:36 PM
If Le'Veon is telling the truth that he was supposed to take a drug test at 5:37am, what type of employer would send an employee for a drug test that early in the morning?

http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/29/goodoadada.jpg?81236a

Shoes
08-19-2016, 04:42 PM
In the real world he would have been fired last year. I have zero sympathy or trust in these air heads. I'm about sick of the nfl

polamalubeast
08-19-2016, 04:49 PM

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2016, 04:54 PM

He missed tests. In the eyes of the NFL, that's a failed test. He hasn't tested positive for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It sure sounds to me like the NFL was setting him up to miss the tests. A "random" drug test at 5:37 am on a Saturday? WTF is that?

stillers4me
08-19-2016, 05:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Rotorhead
08-19-2016, 05:55 PM
The 5:37 am test is just BS, and if he was physically unable to make the others due to surgery recovery, and the NFL refused to send someone to him, that is BS too.

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2016, 06:20 PM
The 5:37 am test is just BS, and if he was physically unable to make the others due to surgery recovery, and the NFL refused to send someone to him, that is BS too.

Yep, 100% B.S.

Shoes
08-19-2016, 06:54 PM

I don't think so, its the best time to do the test. Bell is on probation, he knows the playbook, its his responsibility . In Europe and Scandinavia many sobriety checkpoints are between 4-7am. Many folks party all night, sleep a few hours and get out to work early when they are still loaded/high. It's unbelievable how many people are busted between these hours. If i'm the Rooney's and they resign him, you can bet there would be a clause in his contract on drug usage.

hawaiiansteeler
08-19-2016, 06:55 PM
James C Wexell Retweeted
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

How Le'Veon Bell got three games and Josh Brown got one is why the NFL's suspension policy is a joke.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't think so, its the best time to do the test. Bell is on probation, he knows the playbook, its his responsibility . In Europe and Scandinavia many sobriety checkpoints are between 4-7am. Many folks party all night, sleep a few hours and get out to work early when they are still loaded/high. It's unbelievable how many people are busted between these hours. If i'm the Rooney's and they resign him, you can bet there would be a clause in his contract on drug usage.

How can you possibly compare this to a DUI checkpoint? The purpose of a checkpoint is to get dangerous drivers off of the road. What's the purpose of a drug test at 5:37 am on a Saturday? There isn't one other than to be bitches and try to annoy the player as much as possible. If they're doing drugs, it'll still register later in the day.

Shoes
08-19-2016, 07:15 PM
How can you possibly compare this to a DUI checkpoint? The purpose of a checkpoint is to get dangerous drivers off of the road. What's the purpose of a drug test at 5:37 am on a Saturday? There isn't one other than to be bitches and try to annoy the player as much as possible. If they're doing drugs, it'll still register later in the day.

1. Because he is being checked to see if he can pass a sobriety test.

2. Because its random testing and Bell is on probation, the hour doesn't matter.

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2016, 07:48 PM
1. Because he is being checked to see if he can pass a sobriety test.

2. Because its random testing and Bell is on probation, the hour doesn't matter.

Those aren't valid reasons. Giving a drug test at 5:37 am isn't going to get you any different results than giving the same drug test at a later time.

GRAYGHOST668
08-19-2016, 07:58 PM
well send someone to my house before 6:00 am and you will be greeted by a pissed off man,,I don't care if you are the President of the USA,,,if that test really was set for 5:27 am Goodell was being a a-hole just because he can get away with it

Shoes
08-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Those aren't valid reasons. Giving a drug test at 5:37 am isn't going to get you any different results than giving the same drug test at a later time.

Maybe not to you, but its reality. Random means any time.

zulater
08-19-2016, 09:26 PM
If they really are trying to test subjects before 8 a.m. then they really are trying to screw people over. Union needs to address this asap. You don't have to be a disruptive shithead to figure out whether players are complying or not. Marijuana doesn't leave your system. As far as alcohol, he's not in the system for that.
The league is setting themselves up for a work stoppage when this CBA expires. Screwing people over because you can is not a valid reason to be a complete dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not to you, but its reality. Random means any time.

So who do they think they're protecting by being shitheads to players in the system?

SteelerFanInStl
08-19-2016, 09:50 PM
If they really are trying to test subjects before 8 a.m. then they really are trying to screw people over. Union needs to address this asap. You don't have to be a disruptive shithead to figure out whether players are complying or not. Marijuana doesn't leave your system. As far as alcohol, he's not in the system for that.
The league is setting themselves up for a work stoppage when this CBA expires. Screwing people over because you can is not a valid reason to be a complete dick.

- - - Updated - - -

So who do they think they're protecting by being shitheads to players in the system?

Exactly. This is nothing but complete bullshit.

Shoes
08-19-2016, 10:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It's the player that started this mess. Bell missed more than the 5:37 am test and even at that I'm sure he was told when it would take place. The fact is Bell dug this hole himself, and he screwed his team two years in a row.

GBMelBlount
08-19-2016, 10:14 PM
We don't need him. This offense was doing just fine without him.

Heck our O-line was good enough without Pouncey to allow our 3rd and 4th string RBs to combine for over 100 yards rushing during a road playoff game. Plus with the 2017 RB class as deep as it is, I wouldn't waste one penny on this pothead

Good point.

There are a lot of variables but just looking at our team performances with and without Bell last year did we really fare any worse without him?

Hawkman
08-19-2016, 10:17 PM

So find a damn link!!

Hawkman
08-19-2016, 10:25 PM
In the real world he would have been fired last year. I have zero sympathy or trust in these air heads. I'm about sick of the nfl

If you need to go...you need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

...please difine..."real world".... I'm assuming the one you live in.

Shoes
08-19-2016, 10:33 PM
...please difine..."real world".... I'm assuming the one you live in.

Real world--- you fail a drug test, you lose your job. Is anyone here not living in this world?.....Assuming you work for a living.

Mojouw
08-19-2016, 10:48 PM
This is basically how they got Josh Gordon for a year as well. Box players in so they either miss or fail a test.

NFL is basically out of control right now. How many games you want to bet Harrison gets.? I figure 2.

hawaiiansteeler
08-19-2016, 10:55 PM
How many games you want to bet Harrison gets.? I figure 2.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57378772.jpg

86WARD
08-19-2016, 11:21 PM

When you miss a test, it goes down as a "fail". He may not have actually failed a test...

Steeldude
08-20-2016, 12:25 AM
Bell is all talk. I fully expect him to fail another test and then say he will be a better person blah blah...

zulater
08-20-2016, 02:11 AM
Real world--- you fail a drug test, you lose your job. Is anyone here not living in this world?.....Assuming you work for a living.

I'm a truck driver. I'm subject to DOT drug testing. I have been tested many times and have always passed. But I have friends who have failed tests and they got suspended but not dismissed. Never heard of one getting tested at odd hours afterwards?

Is that real enough?

steelreserve
08-20-2016, 04:31 AM
Whoopty-freakin'-doo. I'm sure he'll start the season with two broken ankles from grabbing them to pull his head out of his ass.

Butch
08-20-2016, 06:08 AM
Hmmm, I am wondering if they are testing other players right after their surgery or at 5:30am? It really sheds new light no this whole situation. Did they really do that to Josh Gordon? I thought Josh was just an idiot, but if this is how they got him then I will be changing my tune.

Yes Bell did the crime, but you don't set players up for failure, you try to accommodate them in making a recovery...at least if you really care about your players and your sport. Why would any organization want to bring this kind of negativity to themselves? The NFL does not care and if this is true they would rather hang players out to dry then seriously help them.

To bad someone from the media doesn't pick up this story and investigate it further. Seems they are way to eager to hang out a player for any reason what so ever why not turn the screws on the NFL?

I can see why the Steelers were standing behind Bell now, I just wish there was a way for them to fight this.

ALLD
08-20-2016, 07:33 AM
The tests should be offered at a reasonable time while the subject is in the USA and able to travel. I often get up at 4am, so 5am for a drug test would be reasonable to me. I don't know what time football players get up, but the entire thing could have been prevented if he never messed up in the first place.

tube517
08-20-2016, 07:35 AM
Shouldn't matter....Steelers get "preferential" treatment, remember???? :coffee:

AtlantaDan
08-20-2016, 08:32 AM
Bell is all talk. I fully expect him to fail another test and then say he will be a better person blah blah...Yep - he is too dumb and/or undisciplined to even claim he quit smoking after he was arrested for driving while baking in August 2014

Le’Veon Bell posted a video on Twitter Friday. He apologized to fans for being suspended for the first three games of the season due to missing three drug tests within the past nine months. He also tried to explain why he missed those tests.

But in doing so, Bell gave Steelers fans and the organization that must decide if they want to keep him long-term ample reason to question his judgment. Bell states in the video that he hasn’t smoked marijuana since December of 2014.

Foot inserted in mouth.

That means Bell smoked marijuana at least once in the weeks after he was arrested for DUI and admitted to police that he smoked marijuana hours before the team was set to board a flight for a preseason game in Philadelphia in August 2014.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Steelers-Blog/2016/08/20/Le-Veon-Bell-didn-t-stop-using-drugs-after-his-August-2014-arrest/stories/201608200120

Shoes
08-20-2016, 08:49 AM
I'm a truck driver. I'm subject to DOT drug testing. I have been tested many times and have always passed. But I have friends who have failed tests and they got suspended but not dismissed. Never heard of one getting tested at odd hours afterwards?

Is that real enough?

No it isn't. I was very surprised to hear that about truck drivers. I find it remarkable that a driver with a 70-80k rig carrying hazardous materials would just get a suspension if he/she failed a drug test. I'll be sure to ask the drivers I see daily in my work what their experience has been. I did do a search in the meantime and found quite few truck drivers who were fired after one offense. I also understand if they have undergone an evaluation by SAP they could get back into the field, which is fine. I'm also subject to drug testing as an aircraft pilot and technician and lost count of the people dismissed over one failed drug/alcohol test over the last 30 years. Its the same in my wife work as an RN, its also the same in much of the heavy equipment, oil, gas industry. I know personally people who were fired from one offense in all of these fields.

The fact remains, Bell is the cause of all of this for two years running now and missed more than the am drug test. These guys give goodell more than enough amo to continue his crusade. I'm not going to be an advocate for ego driven players or commissioners.

Hawkman
08-20-2016, 08:57 AM

Yes, I own my own company and I have no drug testing policy. Been in business for 28 years and only had to fire one person......and it had nothing to do with drugs!!

Steeldude
08-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Aw, the poor baby had a drug test at 5:30AM. Well if you kept yourself clean you wouldn't be in this situation. I hope the next one is at 3:15AM.

Shoes
08-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Yes, I own my own company and I have no drug testing policy. Been in business for 28 years and only had to fire one person......and it had nothing to do with drugs!!

But we are talking about work places that do have a drug policy and the NFL has one. The size and type of company surely plays into it also.

tube517
08-20-2016, 09:44 AM
I've been "randomly" drug tested 4 times in my 4 years at my company. Meanwhile, my co-worker has been there 7 years and hasn't been tested since the initial hiring process. I didn't really get along w/the previous GM (nobody did because he was a flaming cock) so I have my suspicions on the randomness. If I ever had a random test not during my work hours, I would drop trou and let them kiss my big brown candy ass. I know I'm not in the NFL but screw that.

Second, this is all on Bell. Own up to it, serve your suspension and stay healthy and put the bong away. You're not JayZ with a celebrity wife with a phat ass and hundreds of millions of dollars. Wrong numbers, early AM drug tests, whatever Just talk with your play on the field.

Third, Goodhell is the worst sports commissioner in my lifetime. Period. He's caused more controversy than previou commishes and has no innovative ideas like Rozelle.

steel striker
08-20-2016, 09:59 AM
A test at 5:37 AM that's just crazy but, the way worthless Roger runs league it's par for the course. Bell can't have anymore problems or it's happy trails it's a damn shame he is a great player.

Shoes
08-20-2016, 10:10 AM
I've been "randomly" drug tested 4 times in my 4 years at my company. Meanwhile, my co-worker has been there 7 years and hasn't been tested since the initial hiring process. I didn't really get along w/the previous GM (nobody did because he was a flaming cock) so I have my suspicions on the randomness. If I ever had a random test not during my work hours, I would drop trou and let them kiss my big brown candy ass. I know I'm not in the NFL but screw that.

Second, this is all on Bell. Own up to it, serve your suspension and stay healthy and put the bong away. You're not JayZ with a celebrity wife with a phat ass and hundreds of millions of dollars. Wrong numbers, early AM drug tests, whatever Just talk with your play on the field.

Third, Goodhell is the worst sports commissioner in my lifetime. Period. He's caused more controversy than previou commishes and has no innovative ideas like Rozelle.

Agreed, but you are not on probation. Bell is and that makes the difference, it also adds another round of amo to rogers belt.

teegre
08-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Did they really do that to Josh Gordon?

If I recall correctly, Gordon was given a test as he stepped off of an airplane, where he'd had a few drinks. For whatever reason, the alcohol in his system was counted against him.

Gordon is still an idiot, but his last suspension was a crock.

Mojouw
08-20-2016, 11:17 AM
There is also a big difference between a zero tolerance policy for drugs because doing your job high equals killing other human beings and having a zero tolerance policy in a workplace so people will keep buying stuff.

The NFL's policies are callow pr bullshit and have zero to do with helping players and everything to do with lining the owners pockets.

Look ok at a guy like Aldon Smith. clearly a young man with mental health and substance abuse problems - but just suspend and remove him from the only structure and support network he has in his life and hope he gets better. That's a useful system. I think guys should get suspended and miss games. Consequences are important. But they shouldn't be exiled to the wilderness while they are suspended.

zulater
08-20-2016, 11:45 AM
There is also a big difference between a zero tolerance policy for drugs because doing your job high equals killing other human beings and having a zero tolerance policy in a workplace so people will keep buying stuff.

The NFL's policies are callow pr bullshit and have zero to do with helping players and everything to do with lining the owners pockets.

Look ok at a guy like Aldon Smith. clearly a young man with mental health and substance abuse problems - but just suspend and remove him from the only structure and support network he has in his life and hope he gets better. That's a useful system. I think guys should get suspended and miss games. Consequences are important. But they shouldn't be exiled to the wilderness while they are suspended.

Good post!

Football players aren't first responder's. No one's life is in their hands. Their mostly young black men who have been exposed to casual marijuana use throughout their life time. To them smoking a blount from a sociological standpoint is the same as us drinking a beer.

I got a feeling once the next CBA comes into effect marijuana wont even be tested for anymore. If the league were smart they would give a little now to gain something later.

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2016, 12:12 PM

Exactly. It's pretty easy to see the difference between the two.

AtlantaDan
08-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Le’Veon Bell deletes video in which he admits smoking after arrest

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/20/leveon-bell-deletes-video-in-which-he-admits-smoking-after-arrest/

I bet the call from the agent or someone with the Steelers after that video went online was entertaining - dumber than a box of rocks

Butch
08-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Aw, the poor baby had a drug test at 5:30AM. Well if you kept yourself clean you wouldn't be in this situation. I hope the next one is at 3:15AM.

Yes he is the one who put himself in this situation and he completely owned up to it, but now we should just make getting back on track as hard as possible...really??? Hell we might as well just kick guys out as soon as they are caught doing drugs why even put on the farce of testing them???

Craic
08-20-2016, 03:39 PM
Yep - he is too dumb and/or undisciplined to even claim he quit smoking after he was arrested for driving while baking in August 2014

Le’Veon Bell posted a video on Twitter Friday. He apologized to fans for being suspended for the first three games of the season due to missing three drug tests within the past nine months. He also tried to explain why he missed those tests.

But in doing so, Bell gave Steelers fans and the organization that must decide if they want to keep him long-term ample reason to question his judgment. Bell states in the video that he hasn’t smoked marijuana since December of 2014.

Foot inserted in mouth.

That means Bell smoked marijuana at least once in the weeks after he was arrested for DUI and admitted to police that he smoked marijuana hours before the team was set to board a flight for a preseason game in Philadelphia in August 2014.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Steelers-Blog/2016/08/20/Le-Veon-Bell-didn-t-stop-using-drugs-after-his-August-2014-arrest/stories/201608200120

Honestly, I have no problem with this. Addiction is just that, addiction, and it sounds like he finally was able to stay away from it after that December. Also, how often are these kinds of suspensions reduced? Very minimal if ever, iirc. Josh Gordan went from a year suspension to 10 games, but that's very different. So, it sounds to me as if he legitimately had complaints.

I also like Bell's attitude:

"In April, they tried to test me on a Saturday morning at 5:37 a.m. and I ended up missing the test," Bell said on the video. "I was sleeping and that's on me. I can't sit here and blame anyone else for missing my tests."

So, yeah, now he's used his "oops" card after getting his head on straight. Everyone has an "oops" once in a while. And, although it hasn't escaped my attention that he missed two (three?) other tests, I'm willing at this point to give him my whole-hearted support.

However, this will be the last time.

Steeldude
08-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes he is the one who put himself in this situation and he completely owned up to it, but now we should just make getting back on track as hard as possible...really??? Hell we might as well just kick guys out as soon as they are caught doing drugs why even put on the farce of testing them???

Sounds good to me. This will force players to make a decision. It's either football or drugs.

I am all for making the testing a pain in the ass for him. Time to grow up. He needs some discipline. I get up early for work nearly every day. I don't see why Bell can't do it just once.

By the way, he didn't completely own up to it. He lied, was caught lying and then owned up. Before it was he never knew of any tests. Then it turned out he did know. Also, he said he was drug free after the Blount incident, but that was a lie too. Unless I read the reports/articles incorrectly.

SteelMayhem72
08-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Other than missing a test, which the NFL sees as a failed test, where has anyone said he actually took a test and tested positive for a drug?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That would be ideal.
It was an article on the post gazette saying he was notified in march that he failed a drug test...

SteelMayhem72
08-20-2016, 09:14 PM
So find a damn link!!
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/07/28/Steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-appealing-drug-test-suspension-declines-to-say-what-appeal-is-based-upon/stories/201607280195

SteelMayhem72
08-20-2016, 09:16 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/07/28/Steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-appealing-drug-test-suspension-declines-to-say-what-appeal-is-based-upon/stories/201607280195

And yes a failed test is the same as a missed test

steelerkitty
08-20-2016, 11:05 PM
Bottom line in all of this is...Bell is an Idiot! And he is not worth all the trouble. If I were in charge, I wouldn't even play him once he does comeback. And I would absolutely not make any effort in re-signing him. He is not worth it. And all these people saying that it is just Marijuna...no biggie...are complete Morons. Marijuna is EXACTLY like Herion....it is Illegal. And the NFL cannot make it okay when society says it is Illegal.

Bell is a Moron...Bryant is a Moron. Both should never ever be Steelers again IMHO.

Mojouw
08-20-2016, 11:55 PM
So after you all get up early for your jobs, do you get in a series of head on car wrecks? Do you risk your long term bodily health? Does your employer attempt to sabotage you and other employees so that the general public will pay hundreds of dollars to watch you work?

Again, these guys need to face consequences but to advocate the zero tolerance line being thrown around here is wrongheaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeldude
08-21-2016, 12:45 AM
So after you all get up early for your jobs, do you get in a series of head on car wrecks? Do you risk your long term bodily health? Does your employer attempt to sabotage you and other employees so that the general public will pay hundreds of dollars to watch you work?

Again, these guys need to face consequences but to advocate the zero tolerance line being thrown around here is wrongheaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, and that's not my problem. If they want to work in the NFL then refrain from illegal drugs and other illegal activities. I'm not paid $10,000,000+ season. I am nowhere in the ball park. I wish my job had random drugs testing.

As for injuries, I stopped playing sports at 34. My knees are shot along with two bad ankles, a bad back, and two screwed up shoulders. I wasn't paid a dime to play. I did it all without drugs.

There is too much tolerance. How many people play in the NFL without needing illegal drugs? Most of them.

I see no problem with a 1 strike and you are out rule. I am also content with a 3 strike rule too.

zulater
08-21-2016, 06:03 AM
Bottom line in all of this is...Bell is an Idiot! And he is not worth all the trouble. If I were in charge, I wouldn't even play him once he does comeback. And I would absolutely not make any effort in re-signing him. He is not worth it. And all these people saying that it is just Marijuna...no biggie...are complete Morons. Marijuna is EXACTLY like Herion....it is Illegal. And the NFL cannot make it okay when society says it is Illegal.

Bell is a Moron...Bryant is a Moron. Both should never ever be Steelers again IMHO.

Thank God you're not in charge! :doh: :lol:

And speaking of morons your entire post belongs in the Moron Hall of fame! :coffee:

zulater
08-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Here's my take. I don't know if Bell will screw up again. No one does. He might not even know at this point. But this much I do believe. I think it's more likely than not that he'll stay clean for the rest of this season. I think when these guys are in the teams control they find it easier to stay on course. It's the offseason that puts these guys at the most risk. When they get away from the team facility and their teammates and get back to their old haunts with their old friends that's when they're most likely to succumb to their urges. Structure is essential to people with substance issues in my opinion. Anyway assuming I'm right and he keeps himself on the straight and narrow from now until the completion of this season, why the hell wouldn't you want him and use him? The guy just might be the most complete back in the NFL. If he comes back as good as he was before his injury and if he can stay healthy having him increases your chances of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

Win me number 7. Get Big Ben his 3rd Lombardi. Then after that? :noidea: Yeah I hope he lives to his word and gives us a few more great seasons afterwards. But if not, so what? Maximize your chances for 2016. That's what it's all about now. The future is for the offseason.

SteelMayhem72
08-21-2016, 08:34 AM

i have to say i agree with this...you cant help these players if they wont help themselves...they are just dead weight taking up money and a roster spot

AtlantaDan
08-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Here's my take. I don't know if Bell will screw up again. No one does. He might not even know at this point. But this much I do believe. I think it's more likely than not that he'll stay clean for the rest of this season. I think when these guys are in the teams control they find it easier to stay on course. It's the offseason that puts these guys at the most risk. When they get away from the team facility and their teammates and get back to their old haunts with their old friends that's when they're most likely to succumb to their urges. Structure is essential to people with substance issues in my opinion. Anyway assuming I'm right and he keeps himself on the straight and narrow from now until the completion of this season, why the hell wouldn't you want him and use him? The guy just might be the most complete back in the NFL. If he comes back as good as he was before his injury and if he can stay healthy having him increases your chances of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

Win me number 7. Get Big Ben his 3rd Lombardi. Then after that? :noidea: Yeah I hope he lives to his word and gives us a few more great seasons afterwards. But if not, so what? Maximize your chances for 2016. That's what it's all about now. The future is for the offseason.

Agreed that the goal is to maximize his production this season

Run him until the wheels come off this year since there is no risk to any long term investment. No way the Steelers are going to risk big $$$ to sign Bell to a long term contract due to both the possibility of more suspensions and my bet Bell lied to the Steelers in addition to lying in his public statements about drug tests earlier this year

Hawkman
08-21-2016, 09:38 AM
i have to say i agree with this...you cant help these players if they wont help themselves...they are just dead weight taking up money and a roster spot

Wow!! With those beliefs we are one less SB. Deebo had some domestic abuse issues and the Steelers stuck by him. Get off your frickin high horses. And I think domestic abuse is a MUCH bigger deal than a little weed, and I can't even smoke........now a brownie........:lol:

pczach
08-21-2016, 10:52 AM

We all get caught up in what players are potentially doing to the team we root for when they break the rules. However, even though I am a strong believer in discipline and not using drugs, there are some things that need to be considered.

These players are young men. NFL organizations should be put in position by the league to act as guardians of these players, with the best interests of the players safety, well-being, and future being equally important as the development of their football abilities.

What if these players were your son, your brother, your nephew, your friend, etc...? Would you be willing to throw them back into the lives that got them in trouble in the first place, or would you try to help them?

The NFL, organizations within the NFL, and fans in general still need to consider these young men as people first. They should have structure in place to give them every chance possible to succeed as people, and the chance to overcome the things that potentially hold them back in life. I don't have all the answers, and there is a time when people who continue to not take advantage of that help deserve to lose their opportunity to earn a living as an NFL player. IMHO, that time should not come without significant intervention on a very personal level with each and every young man, and that the NFL should be making sure that happens.

Everyone deserves the chance to honor their gift and fulfill their greatest self. I don't think the NFL is doing enough on a personal level to help some of these men that clearly need more structure and mentoring in their lives by people that have their best interests at heart. Moving them away from what little structure some of them have in their lives is not going to help the player or the team. I do believe players deserve more than one chance when it comes to drug issues. Smoking weed is not the equivalent of shooting someone, abusing women and children, or many other violent crimes. There are things in life that are worth fighting for and trying to rehabilitate....or at the very least make a significant effort to make that happen.

teegre
08-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Marijuna is EXACTLY like Herion....it is Illegal.

I agree.

Jaywalking and murder are both illegal, and deserve the EXACT same repercussions.

zulater
08-21-2016, 03:08 PM
I agree.

Jaywalking and murder are both illegal, and deserve the EXACT same repercussions.

Good point! I've long held the belief that jaywalkers should be put away for 25+ years! :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
08-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Thank God you're not in charge! :doh: :lol:

And speaking of morons your entire post belongs in the Moron Hall of fame! :coffee:

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

steelerkitty
08-21-2016, 05:56 PM

So to you...Character be damned. All that is Important is winning Ben another Championship...right ? Well that explains everything I need to know about you, and the
lack of ANY type of Character or Integrity that you have ( Which is none )...you have all the Character and Intelligence that......this guy has....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/5f/90/12/5f90120d1781f2a8708f341ad54dc391.jpg

Mojouw
08-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Dear Steelerkitty,

Here is some suggested reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Please review before engaging in further over-heated debates.

Thanks,
Everyone on this message board.

steelerkitty
08-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Dear Steelerkitty,

Here is some suggested reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Please review before engaging in further over-heated debates.

Thanks,
Everyone on this message board.

What have I written that was False ? My opinion is MY OPINION. And IMHO...L.Bell is an Idiot. He is a PROVEN Liar ( That we now know for sure )...when he now admits that he did smoke Mary jane again...even though he constantly said he just missed a test.

Look, the dude cares NOTHING about the people who PAY him his Millions of dollars..( Me!..and other fans )...as well as his own teammates. The dude is a Scumbag to me..and always will be. And whether or not he can come back and rush for over 2,000 Yards and catch another 1,000 yards and score say 60 TD's in his 13 games...that is IRRELEVANT. Talent NEVER matters...only TRUE Character is Important. Give me a RB who has great CHARACTER..even IF he only runs for say 450Yards on a 2.2 YPC average and scores say 2 TD's all season over a SCUMBAG like Bell...even if he has the above stats I wrote. Any half way DECENT fan would also want that too. Only other Scumbags like Bell are the ones trying to defend his Scumbag actions.

Look, you all can have your opinions...and Love the little Gang-banger. Me...I want Bell to go back to
" Compton " or Harlem...where he belongs!!

pczach
08-21-2016, 06:21 PM
What have I written that was False ? My opinion is MY OPINION. And IMHO...L.Bell is an Idiot. He is a PROVEN Liar ( That we now know for sure )...when he now admits that he did smoke Mary jane again...even though he constantly said he just missed a test.

Look, the dude cares NOTHING about the people who PAY him his Millions of dollars..( Me!..and other fans )...as well as his own teammates. The dude is a Scumbag to me..and always will be. And whether or not he can come back and rush for over 2,000 Yards and catch another 1,000 yards and score say 60 TD's in his 13 games...that is IRRELEVANT. Talent NEVER matters...only TRUE Character is Important. Give me a RB who has great CHARACTER..even IF he only runs for say 450Yards on a 2.2 YPC average and scores say 2 TD's all season over a SCUMBAG like Bell...even if he has the above stats I wrote. Any half way DECENT fan would also want that too. Only other Scumbags like Bell are the ones trying to defend his Scumbag actions.

Look, you all can have your opinions...and Love the little Gang-banger. Me...I want Bell to go back to

Maybe you should go back where you belong......

steelerkitty
08-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Maybe you should go back where you belong......

Where is that ? I live in the Ghetto. But I..unlike someone like Bell...HAVE CHARACTER. And I don't thumb my nose at the Law because I want too.

Mojouw
08-21-2016, 06:30 PM

If you're doing what I think you're doing -- then this is the best post I have ever seen.:usa2:

hawaiiansteeler
08-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Where is that ? I live in the Ghetto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

pczach
08-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Where is that ? I live in the Ghetto. But I..unlike someone like Bell...HAVE CHARACTER. And I don't thumb my nose at the Law because I want too.

So you and Le'Veon Bell deserve to live in the "Ghetto"? Or is it Compton or Harlem?

Which specific "Ghetto" do you live in? Just curious.

zulater
08-21-2016, 06:57 PM
So to you...Character be damned. All that is Important is winning Ben another Championship...right ? Well that explains everything I need to know about you, and the
lack of ANY type of Character or Integrity that you have ( Which is none )...you have all the Character and Intelligence that......this guy has....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/5f/90/12/5f90120d1781f2a8708f341ad54dc391.jpg

So anyone who disagrees with your moronic rantings is Donald Trump? :crazy: Sure thing there kiitten.

zulater
08-21-2016, 07:09 PM

What have you written that was false? Heroine and marijuana being one and the same comes to mind.

Now as far as you being a moron. You really think a rb with a 2.2 average is going to make you happy? Why the fuck would such a slug even be in the league? Hey my kid has character, two jobs and goes to college at night and volunteers his time at Habitat for Humanity. Maybe he should be the Steelers next rb? :lol:

Now getting with reality, I want LeVeon to overcome his poor choices and become a better human being. I really do. I think he has the right to try to redeem himself. Would I care about his plight were he not a Steeler? No I wouldn't. Not because I have anything against him. It's because I wouldn't know him from any other Tom, Dick, or Harry. That's just the way it is with sports teams. You make the people who have the ability to play relevant. Those who can't, you hope they have much success getting on with their life's work.
that's how Chuck Noll referred to players after football work. "life's work."

By the way, you say here "talent Never matters, only true character is Important" Well you completely contradict your comments concerning Landry Jones. You say some pretty nasty things about Landry "Red neck moron" "brain dead idiot", I have yet to see any conformation of those character assessments. So you're nothing but a nasty lying hypocrite truth be told.

Makes you pretty much Hillary Clinton doesn't it? :pointlaugh:

So do you ever actually engage in intelligent debate or do your flame throw your way through life away from the internet too?

Butch
08-21-2016, 09:26 PM
I'll say this about the whole situation. From all that I have heard the Steelers organization is standing behind Bell. This is the same organization that once traded a Super bowl MVP for a 6th round draft pick. They know more about this entire situation than I do, so if they are standing behind him I see no reason to be up in arms about what has transpired. They must know something, or I doubt they would take that position.

Hawkman
08-22-2016, 07:29 AM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

Figures...a Cardinals fan!:grin::rofl2:

Craic
08-22-2016, 09:48 PM
I agree.

Nope. Jaywalking is a violation of an ordinance. Murder is a violation of a law. So not the same. :boink: I'll go crawl back into my hole now. See ya'll on opening MNF kickoff!

Dwinsgames
08-22-2016, 11:38 PM
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p771/akadjian/dont_feed_the_trolls_zpsvttvdotw.jpg

tube517
08-26-2016, 12:14 PM
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p771/akadjian/dont_feed_the_trolls_zpsvttvdotw.jpg
That a troll or hippo? [emoji38]

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
08-26-2016, 12:37 PM
The bright side of Bell being injured in midseason during 2015 was he missed the road trips to Seattle and Denver :chuckle:

Dallas Cowboys (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys) owner and general manager Jerry Jones was not pleased to see a video on TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/25/ezekiel-elliott-marijuana-tourist-weed-shop-seattle-seahawks/) that appeared to show Ezekiel Elliott (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3051392/ezekiel-elliott) at a marijuana dispensary hours before the rookie running back was set to make his preseason debut.

In the video, a man the website reported to be Elliott was seen in Herban Legends in Seattle, but he was not shown making any purchases.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17394875/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-pot-store-visit-not-good

Craic
08-26-2016, 01:23 PM
~ snip

SC miss humor
SC miss give-and-take with teegre across threads
SC get angry and post ironic meme.

fansince'76
08-26-2016, 01:32 PM

That a troll or hippo? [emoji38]

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Neither - it's a straw man. :chuckle:

Rotorhead
08-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Was waiting for the Strawman to come out lol

lotas
08-26-2016, 03:35 PM
The bright side of Bell being injured in midseason during 2015 was he missed the road trips to Seattle and Denver :chuckle:

Dallas Cowboys (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys) owner and general manager Jerry Jones was not pleased to see a video on TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/25/ezekiel-elliott-marijuana-tourist-weed-shop-seattle-seahawks/) that appeared to show Ezekiel Elliott (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3051392/ezekiel-elliott) at a marijuana dispensary hours before the rookie running back was set to make his preseason debut.

In the video, a man the website reported to be Elliott was seen in Herban Legends in Seattle, but he was not shown making any purchases.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17394875/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-pot-store-visit-not-good

First of all Dan, LOL at your first comment :smoker:

In regards to that story, this is why the federal government dragging their heels with marijuana legalization is becoming a little ridiculous. Can you imagine the news following and reporting on a player going into a bar or liquor store? "He was seen entering Crown Liquors and coming out with a paper bag--presumably filled with the finest liquor he could get his dirty little hands on. What a deviant and hopeless soul". I mean c'mon, can we legalize the shit and get on with it?

That being said, I do think Bell is kind of an idiot for getting caught. Bettis and Ryan Clark have said publicly they believe 50% or more of the league uses marijuana (hell, it's an anti inflammatory, pain reliever and a neuro protectant...its a highly therapeutic drug for their line of work) so that tells me Bell is careless enough to get caught (over and over). Same goes for Bryant, you two are just young kids who have a long way to go in terms of maturity. That being said, I'm going to stand behind both of them regardless. At least they didn't shoot themselves at a club, beat their women, kill someone while drunk driving, or in the case of the Patriots ...murder a fuc*ing person...

They are simply using something that has great benefit for someone who abuses their body (just ask Nate Diaz). However, it happens to still be illegal, which means you have to play by the damn rules, be smart, and stay on the down low. Live and learn boys, don't let some cannabis and a bullshit law rob you of your career!