PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal will be suspended if they haven't submitted to interviews by Aug. 26

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 05:25 PM

Devilsdancefloor
08-15-2016, 05:38 PM
yeah this is Bullshit what about golden boy manning they waited until he retired

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 06:37 PM

86WARD
08-15-2016, 06:41 PM
NFL continues to be a joke.

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 06:57 PM
NFL continues to be a joke.

Players are to blame for that, except for the steelers.I can't believe that Smith has not been fired for that.

Shoes
08-15-2016, 06:59 PM
What's to hide? Give them the interview so you can play.

Born2Steel
08-15-2016, 07:34 PM

EXACTLY. Get it over with.

86WARD
08-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Players are to blame for that, except for the steelers.I can't believe that Smith has not been fired for that.

Yep. Definitely annoying when they "blame the players" and never exclude the Steelers, which they should...

hawaiiansteeler
08-15-2016, 07:45 PM
James Harrison loves Roger Goodell ... "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it." :monkey:

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 07:52 PM

salamander
08-15-2016, 08:04 PM
Hey Roger: FUCK YOU :monkey:

fansince'76
08-15-2016, 08:07 PM

Uh, Milledgeville, anyone? :coffee:

Steelers players have been getting bent over by that megalomaniacal assclown for YEARS, which is why they voted against the current CBA to begin with.

EDIT: And they need to take this to court. This falls under the purview of the NFL Drug Policy, not the Player Conduct Policy. And Goodell CANNOT do whatever he damn well pleases under the former.

Butch
08-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Because it's complete and utter bull crap that it's all the sudden a big deal after one of the 2 golden boys retires.

I want to know what happens if these guys take the NFL to court. Do they get to play while their case is waiting to be heard? Or is that only for the other golden boy? I hope all these guys fight Go to hell and the nfl and don't just sit there and take it.

fansince'76
08-15-2016, 08:29 PM

Why?

The plain language of the NFL’s PED policy indicates that, before a player ever talks to the league or otherwise provides information regarding a potential violation arising from anything other than a positive test, the league must have “credible documented evidence” that a violation happened.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/nflpa-agrees-nfl-needs-credible-evidence-before-players-must-respond-to-ped-charges/

Hidden camera testimony collected by a news outlet that is not only a known mouthpiece for, but is also largely sympathetic toward radical Islamic terrorists and which was immediately recanted once the subject found out he was being secretly videotaped does not qualify as credible evidence.

I'd be telling Goodell to go eff himself too.

Shoes
08-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Because it's complete and utter bull crap that it's all the sudden a big deal after one of the 2 golden boys retires.

I want to know what happens if these guys take the NFL to court. Do they get to play while their case is waiting to be heard? Or is that only for the other golden boy? I hope all these guys fight Go to hell and the nfl and don't just sit there and take it.

It is indeed and Goodell is a jackass, but so are many of the players. Taking drugs to gain an advantage is cheating. Smoking pot when you know your going to get tested, well that's beyond stupid. If Harrison wants to play he should do the interview, its not going to help the team being suspended with Bell.

Shoes
08-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Why?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/nflpa-agrees-nfl-needs-credible-evidence-before-players-must-respond-to-ped-charges/

Hidden camera testimony collected by a news outlet that is not only a known mouthpiece for, but is also largely sympathetic toward radical Islamic terrorists and which was immediately recanted once the subject found out he was being secretly videotaped does not qualify as credible evidence.

I'd be telling Goodell to go eff himself too.

Because your not going to play if you don't do the interview, its that simple. Plus you give Goodell more salt to rub in the wound by letting him deciding when you can play.

fansince'76
08-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Because your not going to play if you don't do the interview, its that simple. Plus you give Goodell more salt to rub in the wound by letting him deciding when you can play.

Nope.

The plain language of the NFL’s PED policy indicates that, before a player ever talks to the league or otherwise provides information regarding a potential violation arising from anything other than a positive test, the league must have “credible documented evidence” that a violation happened.

Once again, this falls under the league's drug policy, not the player conduct policy. Goodell doesn't get to do whatever he wants this time.

And a single-sourced (and later recanted) story put out there by al-Qaeda's propaganda wing is NOT credible.

Shoes
08-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Nope. Once again, this falls under the league's drug policy, not the player conduct policy. Goodell doesn't get to do whatever he wants this time.

That's what Brady thought last year.

fansince'76
08-15-2016, 08:51 PM
That's what Brady thought last year.

Brady's offense fell under the player conduct policy, and yes, Goodell can do whatever he wants there. The league's drug policy is a different matter entirely.

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 09:08 PM

fansince'76
08-15-2016, 09:12 PM

No, he CAN'T. This is one area where they actually got the CBA right. One more time...

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 09:17 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No, he CAN'T. This is one area where they actually got the CBA right. One more time...

I hope you are right.....

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 09:31 PM
NFL players should fight 'Al-Jazeera suspensions' like crazy

The point, of course, is that Peppers, Matthews, Neal and Harrison have been smart in approaching the latest investigation with extreme caution. One wrong move, or one perceived to be uncooperative by the league, and they'll forever be stained by NFL discipline.

The NFL already has a PED policy, to which all four players have been subject. The policy's testing procedure should be the source of any allegation. Unless one or more of them have tested positive, they are innocent under the terms of the agreed NFL-NFLPA policy. The policy does allow for discipline if violations are found through "sufficient credible documented evidence," but unless the NFL has uncovered something more than Al-Jazeera did from a now-discredited source, it's difficult to imagine what that might be.

In this case, the NFL is asking the players to step outside the policy and answer to the allegation anyway. Ask Brady and Hargrove, both of whom denied their respective accusations from the start, how that worked out for them.

In truth, this really isn't about PEDs. Again, the NFL has a policy for that. This is another maneuver in the now-ubiquitous power struggle between the league and its players. The NFL is emboldened by its legal victory over Brady and is using the same broad authority -- as written in Article 46 of the CBA -- to compel participation in an otherwise out-of-policy investigation.

If you celebrated Brady's discipline, surely you realized that their team could be next. You did realize that, right?

At the moment, it's difficult to imagine the limits of this power. Even in a union environment, with a legal CBA in place, we might finally have reached the moment where players are subject to discipline whenever they don't do what the NFL asks of them. If you thought the relationship between the two sides was icy and too litigious already, wait until you see what's next.

read more

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/210274/nfl-players-should-fight-al-jazeera-suspensions-like-crazy

- - - Updated - - -

Butch
08-15-2016, 09:40 PM
It is indeed and Goodell is a jackass, but so are many of the players. Taking drugs to gain an advantage is cheating. Smoking pot when you know your going to get tested, well that's beyond stupid. If Harrison wants to play he should do the interview, its not going to help the team being suspended with Bell.

Are you serious? You are insinuating that James is only fighting this because he took drugs to enhance his performance otherwise he wouldn't have any other reason to fight? Never mind that what Go to Hell is doing is over stepping his bounds. What happened to the players who fought bountygate?

Are you assuming that it is ok for nfl to do whatever they want? This is the reason the Steelers fought the cba they knew go to hell would over step his bounds and low and behold they are right. Your comments about having nothing to hide is not even relevant it is not about hiding or not it's about the nfl pushing players around without legal right to do so. This is all about a bully picking on certain players just because he thinks he can. I hope James gets a lawyer and takes the fight to this ass hat who is distracting him from doing his job.

Butch
08-15-2016, 09:47 PM
NFL players should fight 'Al-Jazeera suspensions' like crazy

The point, of course, is that Peppers, Matthews, Neal and Harrison have been smart in approaching the latest investigation with extreme caution. One wrong move, or one perceived to be uncooperative by the league, and they'll forever be stained by NFL discipline.

The NFL already has a PED policy, to which all four players have been subject. The policy's testing procedure should be the source of any allegation. Unless one or more of them have tested positive, they are innocent under the terms of the agreed NFL-NFLPA policy. The policy does allow for discipline if violations are found through "sufficient credible documented evidence," but unless the NFL has uncovered something more than Al-Jazeera did from a now-discredited source, it's difficult to imagine what that might be.

In this case, the NFL is asking the players to step outside the policy and answer to the allegation anyway. Ask Brady and Hargrove, both of whom denied their respective accusations from the start, how that worked out for them.

In truth, this really isn't about PEDs. Again, the NFL has a policy for that. This is another maneuver in the now-ubiquitous power struggle between the league and its players. The NFL is emboldened by its legal victory over Brady and is using the same broad authority -- as written in Article 46 of the CBA -- to compel participation in an otherwise out-of-policy investigation.

If you celebrated Brady's discipline, surely you realized that their team could be next. You did realize that, right?

At the moment, it's difficult to imagine the limits of this power. Even in a union environment, with a legal CBA in place, we might finally have reached the moment where players are subject to discipline whenever they don't do what the NFL asks of them. If you thought the relationship between the two sides was icy and too litigious already, wait until you see what's next.

read more

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/210274/nfl-players-should-fight-al-jazeera-suspensions-like-crazy

- - - Updated - - -

Ask the players from the Saints who fought bountgate how it turned out for them? How did it turn out for Adrian Peterson?

polamalubeast
08-15-2016, 09:59 PM

LOL:coffee:

Shoes
08-15-2016, 10:01 PM
Are you serious? You are insinuating that James is only fighting this because he took drugs to enhance his performance otherwise he wouldn't have any other reason to fight? Never mind that what Go to Hell is doing is over stepping his bounds. What happened to the players who fought bountygate?

Are you assuming that it is ok for nfl to do whatever they want? This is the reason the Steelers fought the cba they knew go to hell would over step his bounds and low and behold they are right. Your comments about having nothing to hide is not even relevant it is not about hiding or not it's about the nfl pushing players around without legal right to do so. This is all about a bully picking on certain players just because he thinks he can. I hope James gets a lawyer and takes the fight to this ass hat who is distracting him from doing his job.

I don't know if Harrison took drugs or not. I do know if it was me and I had nothing to hide, I'd do the interview for the sake of the team. The owners including the Rooney's put good old Roger on his throne and thats why the NFL can do whatever they want, he's pouring money in their bank accounts. You sure as hell can't blame all this bs on the nfl, there are plenty of brain dead players out there fueling the fire.

Butch
08-15-2016, 10:24 PM
I don't know if Harrison took drugs or not. I do know if it was me and I had nothing to hide, I'd do the interview for the sake of the team. The owners including the Rooney's put good old Roger on his throne and thats why the NFL can do whatever they want, he's pouring money in their bank accounts. You sure as hell can't blame all this bs on the nfl, there are plenty of brain dead players out there fueling the fire.

And in doing so you are allowing the nfl to push the boundaries further and further and who's to say the nfl would even give you a fair shake? Would you also just give in and let the nfl punish you even though you are innocent in your eyes but not in theirs? Where do you draw the line or better yet where do they draw the line? I don't know about you, but I love that our players voted against the cba. If you don't step up to them then they win.

Finally yes I do COMPLETELY blame this on the nfl. They are the ones overstepping their bounds and pushing the boundaries of what they can and cannot do legally. This is does not have anything to do with any "brain dead" player it's all about the nfl abusing it's power and trying to push the boundaries.

Shoes
08-15-2016, 10:38 PM
And in doing so you are allowing the nfl to push the boundaries further and further and who's to say the nfl would even give you a fair shake? Would you also just give in and let the nfl punish you even though you are innocent in your eyes but not in theirs? Where do you draw the line or better yet where do they draw the line? I don't know about you, but I love that our players voted against the cba. If you don't step up to them then they win.

Finally yes I do COMPLETELY blame this on the nfl. They are the ones overstepping their bounds and pushing the boundaries of what they can and cannot do legally. This is does not have anything to do with any "brain dead" player it's all about the nfl abusing it's power and trying to push the boundaries.

I love that our players voted against the cba too, but when 32 owner's support Goodell its like storming hell with a water pistol.

The brain dead do indeed add to the snowball effect of the lone Roger fighting for the shield, it all dovetails to more power, which is what the owners gave him...in exchange for cash, of course.

The players are not going to win this battle, they just need to decide if they want to play football this year.

Bottom line: interview by the 25th or you will be suspended and even when you do speak to the league, Roger Goodell will decide when to let you back into the league.
You can read the entire letter at the above link, which I’ll post again here. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/08/15/james-harrison-clay-matthews-al-jazeera-america-peds/88800352/)
This is just another crazy saga as the union and league have attempted to one-up each other. The NFL told the union they would interview each player on the first day of camp. The union responded by sending sworn affidavits in place of an interview. And now the league has taken action to the most extreme degree, a threat of suspension. Of course, the league has the right to enforce its power.
The CBA gives Goodell most of the power and very little ability for the union, and its players, to fight back. The league can simply say the players failed to cooperate, even if they are innocent of the allegations, and use that as enough proof to suspend the player. I hate to say I told you so but it was clear from the start that’s the ax the NFL would wield if it came to that point.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/report-james-harrison-suspended-doesnt-interview-league/

Butch
08-15-2016, 10:50 PM
The brain dead do indeed add to the snowball effect of the lone Roger fighting for the shield, it all dovetails to more power, which is what the owners gave him...in exchange for cash, of course.

The players are not going to win this battle, they just need to decide if they want to play football this year.

Bottom line: interview by the 25th or you will be suspended and even when you do speak to the league, Roger Goodell will decide when to let you back into the league.
You can read the entire letter at the above link, which I’ll post again here. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/08/15/james-harrison-clay-matthews-al-jazeera-america-peds/88800352/)
This is just another crazy saga as the union and league have attempted to one-up each other. The NFL told the union they would interview each player on the first day of camp. The union responded by sending sworn affidavits in place of an interview. And now the league has taken action to the most extreme degree, a threat of suspension. Of course, the league has the right to enforce its power.
The CBA gives Goodell most of the power and very little ability for the union, and its players, to fight back. The league can simply say the players failed to cooperate, even if they are innocent of the allegations, and use that as enough proof to suspend the player. I hate to say I told you so but it was clear from the start that’s the ax the NFL would wield if it came to that point.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/report-james-harrison-suspended-doesnt-interview-league/

They may not play but the nfl does not want to lose another case in court especially to James Harrison of the Steelers. If he suspends them you can bet your bippy there will be a court case pending for go to hell. Also even if you don't fight it there is no guarantee that you will get a fair shake by the nfl, so you might as well take your chances with the courts. Don't let go to hell be the only one who can rattle his saber.

Shoes
08-15-2016, 10:54 PM
They may not play but the nfl does not want to lose another case in court especially to James Harrison of the Steelers. If he suspends them you can bet your bippy there will be a court case pending for go to hell. Also even if you don't fight it there is no guarantee that you will get a fair shake by the nfl, so you might as well take your chances with the courts. Don't let go to hell be the only one who can rattle his saber.

Until the owners step up to the plate, it will continue on imo. They had a chance during the Ray Rice saga, when Goodell had his back pinned against the wall, but they continued to support him. Follow the cash.

steelreserve
08-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Next round of CBA talks - Non-negotiable demand #1: NEW COMMISSIONER

fansince'76
08-16-2016, 01:18 AM

Yeah, thanks, chucklehead. Now go back and review the results of the last CBA vote back in 2011 and take note of the one team that voted overwhelmingly against it. There was a reason for that.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :coffee:

Patriots fans are idiots.

Steeldude
08-16-2016, 02:28 AM

Yeah, thanks, chucklehead. Now go back and review the results of the last CBA vote back in 2011 and take note of the one team that voted overwhelmingly against it. There was a reason for that.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :coffee:

Patriots fans are idiots.

Plus, what does he mean by the Steelers can see what it feels like to be treated unfairly by Goodell? BR was suspended for not violating any rules. Harrison was fined for legally tackling players.

Count Steeler
08-16-2016, 04:19 AM
EXACTLY. Get it over with.

How about making sure the accusations have merit? I should not have to defend myself because of some rinky dink Al Jeezera reporter who published some BS story. Why don't they figure out if the accusations have any merit first? I thought their investigation on Manning concluded just that.

This is now a pissing contest with Goodell and Harrison. The other players are just collateral damage.

86WARD
08-16-2016, 05:25 AM
So if Harrison, Neal, Matthews refuse and file a court case, would it go as similar to Brady's where he played last season and is now suspended this season? If that is the case for Harrison, that's probably his best option. play this season out, which is most likely his last and then flip Goodell the double bird from retirement...??? Would it be that simple?

polamalubeast
08-16-2016, 06:13 AM

Sad to say, but lately Goodell has won the case against Brady and also against Adrian Peterson, confirming that Goodell has all the power.I think Goodell can suspend Harrison and others if they refuse to cooperate.

86WARD
08-16-2016, 07:30 AM
"Conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football" is the card Goodell consistently plays because every time he throws it down, it wins and it's a card that covers EVERYTHING!!

polamalubeast
08-16-2016, 09:58 AM

86WARD
08-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Consistency is what the NFL is all about!!

86WARD
08-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Harrison also got a "random" PED test for today...lol.

steelreserve
08-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Sad to say, but lately Goodell has won the case against Brady and also against Adrian Peterson, confirming that Goodell has all the power.I think Goodell can suspend Harrison and others if they refuse to cooperate.

I think they would be challenging a different rule - the part that says there has to be "credible evidence" to investigate players for PEDs. Goodell is basically arguing that "credible evidence" can be whatever the hell he wants, from a legitimate news report to a blog post on a Pats fansite, to some homeless guy shouting it on the street. With the player conduct policy, there wasn't anything in place that put any check on his power; with this there is.

AtlantaDan
08-16-2016, 12:24 PM

When asked why not get the interview over with, Harrison was blunt in his response.

"If that's the case, then somebody could come out and say James Harrison is a pedophile," Harrison said. "They are going to suspend me, put me under investigation for being a pedophile just because somebody said it? I'm not going to answer questions for every little thing some Tom, Dick and Harry comes up with."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17318396/pittsburgh-steelers-lb-james-harrison-listen-advisers-interviewing-nfl-al-jazeera-america-report

Rotorhead
08-16-2016, 12:33 PM
The NFL needs to immediately file an appeal to the Courts, then this should play out like the Brady thing did and JH can give that asshole the finger. It would be even better if that asshole had to hand the SB trophy directly to JH! This is a pissing match, but one the NFL should have no trouble winning. The players involved should not even be thinking about it as the union should be handling the entire issue now. AND this should not fall under conduct detrimental . . . they were not caught doing anything, there is nothing showing any detrimental conduct. The only thing is this moron who lied to some 2bit reporter. If fact, if you want to suspend anyone for conduct detrimental to the league, how about the Commish as this was a nonstory from the beginning and they are making it a big story by pursuing this.

tube517
08-16-2016, 12:35 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/video-steelers-lb-james-harrison-randomly-ped-tested-one-day-suspension-warning/

Deebo's girlfriend is an attorney. Deebo is a fighter. Deebo hates Goodhell.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOVQOaXItq4ALuH6vmD8diJ2IrLzgaR M6yRyAQ-FlonBQQNJv1DUtSAKZA

zulater
08-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Consistency is what the NFL is all about!!

Consistently inconsistent.

polamalubeast
08-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Goodell is the worst commissioner of all time to all sports and I do not think this is a debate but unfortunately I do not think than Harrison,Matthews, Peppers and Neal can win against Goodell if they not speak with the league.Goodell can do whatever he wants.

Steeldude
08-16-2016, 12:58 PM
If he is suspended that leaves the Steelers without their only outside pass rusher.

Shoes
08-16-2016, 01:15 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/video-steelers-lb-james-harrison-randomly-ped-tested-one-day-suspension-warning/

Deebo's girlfriend is an attorney. Deebo is a fighter. Deebo hates Goodhell.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOVQOaXItq4ALuH6vmD8diJ2IrLzgaR M6yRyAQ-FlonBQQNJv1DUtSAKZA

Deebo has also been fined a lot of money and has changed the way he plays the game. If he could do this in court in the off season, I'd be all for it. But if he gets suspended Goodell is going to get double pleasure, suspending him, then making him crawl. If this is his last year it makes no sense to take a suspension.

polamalubeast
08-16-2016, 01:26 PM

Born2Steel
08-16-2016, 01:57 PM
He can be right anytime. We need him to be a teammate right now. Whatever it takes to get on the field.

st33lersguy
08-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Plus, what does he mean by the Steelers can see what it feels like to be treated unfairly by Goodell? BR was suspended for not violating any rules. Harrison was fined for legally tackling players.

Harrison was even suspended for hitting players

Rotorhead
08-16-2016, 02:21 PM
IF the Union can get a the players to play and push this BS to the off season, then I say do it. If not, I guess it is up to Deebo to decide whether he wants to sit out or just have the stupid interview. I think it will he a difficult choice, he wants to set a good example for his children, show them to stand up for themselves and what they think is right, but he also wants to get that last ring . . . did I mention how much I despise Goodell?

hawaiiansteeler
08-16-2016, 02:26 PM
IF the Union can get a the players to play and push this BS to the off season, then I say do it. If not, I guess it is up to Deebo to decide whether he wants to sit out or just have the stupid interview.

I don't think this will be Deebo's decision to make, I'm pretty sure he will do whatever the NFLPA's lawyers advise him to do...

st33lersguy
08-16-2016, 03:51 PM
This is all just a front to find a way to target Harrison for speaking out against Gotohell's crap for so many years. Personally, I say do the interview and then tell Gotohell off right in his stupid face.

ALLD
08-16-2016, 04:03 PM
It's the slow creep of the NFL. It's a pure power play and the NFL is letting the players know who is boss man instead of having a symbiotic relationship.

polamalubeast
08-16-2016, 04:10 PM
It's the slow creep of the NFL. It's a pure power play and the NFL is letting the players know who is boss man instead of having a symbiotic relationship.

This

Hawkman
08-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Deebo has also been fined a lot of money and has changed the way he plays the game. If he could do this in court in the off season, I'd be all for it. But if he gets suspended Goodell is going to get double pleasure, suspending him, then making him crawl. If this is his last year it makes no sense to take a suspension.

I don't see Deebo doing any crawling.

zulater
08-16-2016, 05:35 PM
When the current CBA expires Goodell is setting the league up for a major work stoppage. Thanks again idiot! :doh:

Shoes
08-16-2016, 06:57 PM
I don't see Deebo doing any crawling.

If he's suspended he'll only be back when Goodell says so. I wouldn't give him (goodell) that opportunity. And if he is suspended what was the point in coming back this year, since it is probably his last?

zulater
08-16-2016, 08:20 PM
In the end one of two things will happen. Either the Union will seek and get a court order staying the suspension of these players, or failing that the Union will send a representative to sit in on the meetings and advise the players during the course of the interview. I think Goodell is on a slippery slope with this one because the drug policy and testing thereof is spelled out fairly clearly in the CBA, and to me these proposed meetings step over the line of what's been bargained for. And again you wonder if any owner or group of owners will realize they need to reign in Herr Commish, because his continuous over reach is quite likely to result in a very contentious renewal of the CBA.

Hawkman
08-16-2016, 11:14 PM
If he's suspended he'll only be back when Goodell says so. I wouldn't give him (goodell) that opportunity. And if he is suspended what was the point in coming back this year, since it is probably his last?

At least he will get Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off.

Hawkman
08-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Is anyone looking at the other guys? Matthews and Peppers aren't' saying a word...oh and evidently not scheduling interviews. Deebo is playing to his fans. This is a BIG power play between the NFL office and the NFLPA.

Shoes
08-17-2016, 07:37 AM
At least he will get Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off.

:chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
08-17-2016, 08:19 AM
It's shit like this that makes me less and less inclined to continue watching the NFL. Goodell and owners like Jones and Kraft are destroying it.

Born2Steel
08-17-2016, 08:24 AM
The CBA gave the commish this power. It can get fixed at the next CBA. But until then, go do the interview and let this be done for now. In the immortal words of Marcellus Wallace, "Fuck Pride!"

polamalubeast
08-17-2016, 10:05 AM

Edman
08-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Nobody accused Stephen A. of being intelligent.

BnG_Hevn
08-17-2016, 11:10 AM
Apparently the 4 named players want to cooperate but the CBA misfits are stopping them, citing precedence.

polamalubeast
08-17-2016, 11:13 AM

Mamaduck43
08-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Two full pages of this case in the Green Bay Press Gazette this morning - - They, of course, are just treating it like it is just Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews... Mike Neal (formerly a Packer) and James have not been mentioned at all... The tone of the articles is that the team ownership is concerned with the goings on, but they expect their guys will be playing all season and they will allow this to play out... Here is one of the viewpoints: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2016/08/16/nfl-overstepping-boundaries-ped-probe/88833888/

Steeldude
08-17-2016, 01:53 PM

Shouldn't these idiot commentators be embarrassed of themselves? They are absolutely clueless.

steelreserve
08-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Shouldn't these idiot commentators be embarrassed of themselves? They are absolutely clueless.

That's why they're not embarrassed. They really don't know any better.

Born2Steel
08-17-2016, 03:12 PM

As much as I hate it, he is right in his statement. Harrison has no power in this. Goodell has all the power. Just do the interview and get on with life.

Nadroj 20
08-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Nope.

Once again, this falls under the league's drug policy, not the player conduct policy. Goodell doesn't get to do whatever he wants this time.

And a single-sourced (and later recanted) story put out there by al-Qaeda's propaganda wing is NOT credible.

Who judges whether its credible though?

Hawkman
08-17-2016, 03:58 PM

I kind of think when someone immediately recants he loses credibility.

tube517
08-17-2016, 04:07 PM

So, Al-Jazeera is where one would go for sports news/NFL news??

ALLD
08-17-2016, 04:40 PM
The lesson being taught is that James Harrison received a multi-year $50 million contract to play in the NFL while Roger Goodell receives almost that in annual salary even though Goodell doesn't deserve ten cents. Get with the program.

polamalubeast
08-17-2016, 05:49 PM

polamalubeast
08-17-2016, 06:07 PM

Nadroj 20
08-17-2016, 07:23 PM
So, Al-Jazeera is where one would go for sports news/NFL news??

Did I say that? I asked who judges if its credible?

If it's Goodell and his people it doesnt matter the source they're going to suggest it's credible.

So again, it doesn't matter what we think, I ask who decides whether it's credible?

hawaiiansteeler
08-17-2016, 07:48 PM

If it's Goodell and his people it doesnt matter the source they're going to suggest it's credible.

So again, it doesn't matter what we think, I ask who decides whether it's credible?

the Al Jazeera report relies on a source who has already recanted his claims. I would say that makes the report not credible...

Nadroj 20
08-17-2016, 07:59 PM
the Al Jazeera report relies on a source who has already recanted his claims. I would say that makes the report not credible...

Listen all logic goes out the window when dealing with the NFL and Goodell.

What I'm getting at is if the NFL deems it legitimate for whatever reason which apparently they do because they are trying to interview all these players then in order to save a lot of hassel meet with them clear their name and be done with it.

Harrison has said he will meet with them if they come to him. Well if that's the case then just go meet with them and clear your name.

I'm looking out for my team and I don't want anyone suspended, I'm keeping it that simple. Do what you need to do to avoid suspension.

tube517
08-17-2016, 08:55 PM

Didn't say you said that. I'm saying is it credible to you?

I said is it credible for "one" to go for NFL news. Never said "You".

As far as this whole dumb scenario, Harrison has to decide whether to take up the NFLPA cause or just do the interview and finish the season and career.

smokin3000gt
08-17-2016, 10:12 PM
When the current CBA expires Goodell is setting the league up for a major work stoppage. Thanks again idiot! :doh:

I was thinking the same thing...

No way the NFLPA will let dopey retain so much power and there's no way Roger will give any of it up. I'm glad we have a while before we have to worry about it because I think it's going to be a long hold out before the next CBA gets a signature.

fansince'76
08-17-2016, 11:12 PM
I kind of think when someone immediately recants he loses credibility.

Especially when the story being recanted is collected under false pretenses to begin with (hidden camera without subject's knowledge) and is published by al-Qaeda's propaganda wing (Al Jazeera).

fansince'76
08-17-2016, 11:20 PM

It should be the court of common sense. Personally, I'd lend more credibility to the National Enquirer than Al Jazeera, but hey, that's just me.

However, it appears the arbiter of credibility here is Goodell, and being the petty and vindictive bastard that he is, he is apparently going to push forward with this charade in order to nail Harrison. And make no mistake about it, the real target here is Harrison and Harrison alone. Matthews, Peppers and Neal are simply going to be collateral damage.

I'd love to get the Rooneys' take (especially Dan's) on all of this.

Count Steeler
08-18-2016, 05:31 AM
If these players get suspended, the FANS of the NFL need to take a stand. Refuse to buy any NFL products and boycott the rest of the pre season. I am sick and tired of this ass hat that is the commissioner. Being a lawyer, the idiot should understand that you can't ask someone to prove a negative.

If a mere accusation is accepted, then Robert Kraft and the entire Patriot organization should be forced to open all their books, personal and business. I have a strong suspicion that Kraft and the rest of the organization is dirty. Should the NFL act on my suspicion? Should Kraft and Brady be suspended because the NFL does not get their way when they want to interview Kraft and Brady? And if the Commish did act on my accusations, he is an idiot.

What the Commish should do is denounce the report and bring the true fact that the original accuser recanted his story and support his players. If some test or other evidence came in to play, than he can begin a credible investigation. Harrison is absolutely right, his piss would be wasted in trying to put out this Commish if he was on fire.

God forbid, if any one of us on this site would have to face this kind of scrutiny after a false accusation. Guilty until proven innocent is the wrong mindset to have.

stillers4me
08-18-2016, 05:44 AM
Oh James James James. I don't blame you at all for digging in your heels.

But you are putting your body through all this for another ring. You can't have it both ways.

fansince'76
08-18-2016, 06:19 AM
Oh James James James. I don't blame you at all for digging in your heels.

But you are putting your body through all this for another ring. You can't have it both ways.

Not following you. How is his refusal to submit to this BS having it both ways? :noidea:

And it's funny how Manning was already "cleared" in this matter by the powers-that-be (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/07/25/peyton-manning-hgh-nfl-investigation/87524690/). So when was his interview with the league, exactly?

Ten bucks says this whole thing would have already been summarily dropped had the exalted Saint Peyton decided to play in 2016. :coffee:

fansince'76
08-18-2016, 06:22 AM

Not on Harrison and the Steelers, it isn't. Remember when the Steelers were widely being mocked and ridiculed as being "ignorant" when they voted against the current state of affairs while the rest of the league rubber stamped it? I do.

Who's "ignorant" now? :coffee:

Nadroj 20
08-18-2016, 07:09 AM
It should be the court of common sense. Personally, I'd lend more credibility to the National Enquirer than Al Jazeera, but hey, that's just me.

However, it appears the arbiter of credibility here is Goodell, and being the petty and vindictive bastard that he is, he is apparently going to push forward with this charade in order to nail Harrison. And make no mistake about it, the real target here is Harrison and Harrison alone. Matthews, Peppers and Neal are simply going to be collateral damage.

I'd love to get the Rooneys' take (especially Dan's) on all of this.

That is exactly what I mean. It doesn't matter if we think its credible or not Goodell is going after Harrison more than anyone else. Just meet with him and save yourself and the Steelers any grief and retire at the end of the year. It's not worth it to fight and I don't want to get into the whole he shouldn't have to do that and should fight thing. I understand that. The Steelers turned down this CBA and knew what was coming but it is the way it is and for now we just have to deal with it.

Born2Steel
08-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Listen all logic goes out the window when dealing with the NFL and Goodell.

What I'm getting at is if the NFL deems it legitimate for whatever reason which apparently they do because they are trying to interview all these players then in order to save a lot of hassel meet with them clear their name and be done with it.

Harrison has said he will meet with them if they come to him. Well if that's the case then just go meet with them and clear your name.

I'm looking out for my team and I don't want anyone suspended, I'm keeping it that simple. Do what you need to do to avoid suspension.

My thoughts exactly. Do the interview. Clear all doubt. Play football.

fansince'76
08-18-2016, 09:29 AM
My thoughts exactly. Do the interview. Clear all doubt. Play football.

Think it will? I have a feeling Harrison's getting suspended regardless as Goodell has already found him "guilty" due to their, ahem, shared past, and any interview would just be a formality.

Which again is why Harrison needs to lawyer up and go to court over it. In this case, he'd actually have a legitimate beef (unlike Goldenboy) due to the drug policy's penalties being clearly defined whereas the player conduct policy allows the assclown to do whatever he wants.

That is exactly what I mean. It doesn't matter if we think its credible or not Goodell is going after Harrison more than anyone else. Just meet with him and save yourself and the Steelers any grief and retire at the end of the year. It's not worth it to fight and I don't want to get into the whole he shouldn't have to do that and should fight thing. I understand that. The Steelers turned down this CBA and knew what was coming but it is the way it is and for now we just have to deal with it.

Again, if that is the case, what is Harrison submitting to the interview going to do? Goodell will probably just suspend him on a BS technicality anyway.

That power-drunk assclown is completely out of control at this point and needs to be slapped down, and if the owners won't do it, the courts need to.

Rotorhead
08-18-2016, 10:12 AM
Yeah, the interview just sets Goodell up to do what he wants . . . if he doesn't like the answers then JH is suspended anyway. Not to mention, they (NFLPA) needs to fight this to hopefully thwart further BS from the NFL. I see this going to court and suspensions being overturned. If Goodell was not the judge, jury and executioner for all this, then I would say do the interview. But it is up to Goodell on the interviews and that is BS.

Nadroj 20
08-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Think it will? I have a feeling Harrison's getting suspended regardless as Goodell has already found him "guilty" due to their, ahem, shared past, and any interview would just be a formality.

Which again is why Harrison needs to lawyer up and go to court over it. In this case, he'd actually have a legitimate beef (unlike Goldenboy) due to the drug policy's penalties being clearly defined whereas the player conduct policy allows the assclown to do whatever he wants.

Again, if that is the case, what is Harrison submitting to the interview going to do? Goodell will probably just suspend him on a BS technicality anyway.

That power-drunk assclown is completely out of control at this point and needs to be slapped down, and if the owners won't do it, the courts need to.

Hopefully prevent him from being suspended for not going to the interview.

The threat of suspension is already out there for not going to the interview. Even if you think he will still get suspended after the interview no matter what the possibility of suspension is there.

One step to NOT getting suspended is going to the meeting. Then he doesn't get suspended for not meeting. What happens after that I do not know, but if Harrison has nothing to hide be open and honest and hope for the best.

I do agree though that Goodell could still go after him, but at least he gives himself a chance of avoiding a suspension which he knows he will get for not meeting with Goodell.

If he gets suspended because of what Goodell thinks he finds during the interview, that's when I agree with lawyering up and not backing down.

Born2Steel
08-18-2016, 11:11 AM
If he does not do the interview, he gets suspended. The arguments against him doing the interview are all speculations and hypotheticals.

Nadroj 20
08-18-2016, 11:32 AM
If he does not do the interview, he gets suspended. The arguments against him doing the interview are all speculations and hypotheticals.

Yes, much better said.

polamalubeast
08-18-2016, 02:23 PM

Shoes
08-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Good, get it over with and play football. James can take a full newspaper ad out at years end and express his feelings on Goodell. What a great year for a SB win

hawaiiansteeler
08-18-2016, 04:47 PM
James C Wexell Retweeted
Doug Farrar ‏@BR_DougFarrar

Professional football must be great, because even Roger Goodell can't stop people from loving it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqGOV3mWYAAw6pR.jpg

Hawkman
08-18-2016, 05:03 PM
I see a protracted strike at the next CBA.

- - - Updated - - -

Just after Rog retires with his millions.

polamalubeast
08-18-2016, 05:03 PM
I see a protracted strike at the next CBA.

Roger Goodell would deserve it.

ALLD
08-18-2016, 05:29 PM
Goodell is making $45 million per year. That's like $44,950,000 overpaid. He could be replaced with a computer animation.

st33lersguy
08-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Knowing how vindictive Gotohell is, he will probably arbitrarily decide that what James gave isn't satisfactory and suspend him anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Goodell is making $45 million per year. That's like $44,950,000 overpaid. He could be replaced with a computer animation.

I would say he is overpaid by $44,999,000

polamalubeast
08-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Knowing how vindictive Gotohell is, he will probably arbitrarily decide that what James gave isn't satisfactory and suspend him anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I would say he is overpaid by $44,999,000

st33lersguy
08-18-2016, 07:30 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant

fansince'76
08-18-2016, 09:59 PM
James C Wexell Retweeted
Doug Farrar ‏@BR_DougFarrar

Professional football must be great, because even Roger Goodell can't stop people from loving it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqGOV3mWYAAw6pR.jpg

Not true. If it weren't for my love of the Steelers, I would have tuned out completely years ago. It used to be I'd watch every game on TV. Not anymore - those days for me are long gone. And Goodell is a very big part of the reason why.

salamander
08-18-2016, 10:22 PM
Not true. If it weren't for my love of the Steelers, I would have tuned out completely years ago. It used to be I'd watch every game on TV. Not anymore - those days for me are long gone. And Goodell is a very big part of the reason why.

I'm even finding it difficult to watch Steelers games sometimes now, let alone other teams.

fansince'76
08-18-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm even finding it difficult to watch Steelers game sometimes now, let alone other teams.

To be perfectly honest, same here. I don't kill myself to find an online stream if the Steelers aren't on locally and have become quite content to listen on the radio.

tube517
08-19-2016, 08:16 AM
To be perfectly honest, same here. I don't kill myself to find an online stream if the Steelers aren't on locally and have become quite content to listen on the radio.

I'm lucky. I live in Cool Shades' hometown region and one of the local anchors for CBS affiliate is a huge Steelers fan.

Somehow, we get alot of Steeler games when we are supposed to be a Ravens region. :noidea:

AtlantaDan
08-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Deebo continues to fire away

James Harrison calls Roger Goodell 'crook,' wants televised PED interview

After agreeing to make himself available to the NFL on Aug. 30 at the Steelers' facility, Harrison called NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and advocated the idea that the interview should be broadcast live.

"Whatever evidence they might have or reasoning for questioning for me is out of my control, I don't know," Harrison said Thursday after the Steelers' 17-0 preseason loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. "I wouldn't have a problem with it being filmed live. I've been prosecuted and persecuted publicly in the media by them for something I didn't do, so I don't see why we couldn't have the media there and do a live interview. They can ask the questions and I can answer them, and y'all can see whatever evidence it is they say they got."...

"If it goes to conduct detrimental, it leans to the hands of that crook — I mean Roger Goodell — and he can do whatever he wants," Harrison said. "That's just the collective bargaining agreement that the players signed."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2016/08/19/james-harrison-roger-goodell-crook-ped-probe/88981040/

86WARD
08-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Lol.' I love James.

pczach
08-19-2016, 02:13 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/lol/illK6U.gif

polamalubeast
08-19-2016, 03:30 PM

polamalubeast
08-22-2016, 10:01 AM

stillers4me
08-23-2016, 05:22 PM

smokin3000gt
08-23-2016, 07:28 PM
What a PITA. I'd be pissed to have to take (waste) my time to jump through hoops for a bogus interview.

Steeldude
08-23-2016, 08:02 PM
And you know Goodell is only interviewing Matthews and Peppers to make it look legit. If Harrison's name was never mentioned in the article none of these interviews would take place.

teegre
08-23-2016, 08:56 PM
And you know Goodell is only interviewing Matthews and Peppers to make it look legit when Goodell suspends Harrison.

Slight edit.

st33lersguy
08-23-2016, 09:30 PM
If this is based solely off of Gotohell's discretion, Harrison will be suspended as punishment for all of James' criticism against him

pczach
08-24-2016, 05:53 AM
If this is based solely off of Gotohell's discretion, Harrison will be suspended as punishment for all of James' criticism against him

I can see it now: Harrison's words are "detrimental to the game".

Good God, I hate Goodell....

fansince'76
08-24-2016, 05:56 AM

Well, better than 5:30 in the AM, I suppose...

pczach
08-24-2016, 05:57 AM

Well, better than 5:30 in the AM, I suppose...

Does Bell have to be there to massage the NFL representative's balls during the interview process?

st33lersguy
08-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I can see it now Gotohell asks some stupid question, Harrison asks "Why are you asking me this" and Gotohell and his sandy vag will use that to suspend him claiming no cooperation. If it sounds absolutely ridiculous it is which is why it is perfectly reasonable to think Gotohell will pull that crap

Count Steeler
08-25-2016, 05:08 AM
"NFL Investigators"? Seriously? Do they have badges? Have they sworn allegiance to the Gotohell Football god?

But the NFL continues to print money like never before.

fansince'76
08-25-2016, 05:43 AM
"NFL Investigators"? Seriously? Do they have badges?

https://robertewronskijr.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/88168-inspector.png?w=490

polamalubeast
08-25-2016, 11:05 AM

polamalubeast
08-25-2016, 11:16 AM

tube517
08-25-2016, 03:03 PM

polamalubeast
08-26-2016, 04:10 PM

Nadroj 20
08-27-2016, 08:30 AM

Good. Which was the best outcome of just going to the meeting and getting it over with. I always felt there was far greater chance of a suspension if he resisted and did not meet than if he did meet with Goodell.

polamalubeast
08-31-2016, 01:12 PM

fansince'76
08-31-2016, 01:19 PM
I dunno - kinda hard to impugn the Al-Qaeda Broadcasting Network... :rolleyes:

tube517
09-01-2016, 05:11 PM

st33lersguy
09-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Glad gotohell did the right thing. Of course it should have never come to this. It was clear that this report had no credibility

86WARD
09-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Has there been an apology from the league yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pczach
09-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Has there been an apology from the league yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There's not going to be an apology from the league. The whole point of this exercise was to show the players who has the power, and that the players should jump when the NFL says "jump".

Basically, it was Goodell spraying his scent to claim his territory. They don't apologize for doing things they believe they have a right to do, and Goodell's power is absolute and his apparent limitless reach makes him feel omnipotent.

That's the public image the NFL is putting forward at this point. It's embarrassing and it will not serve them well long-term, but they will continue their reign of terror while they can wield that power.

Hawkman
09-03-2016, 09:46 PM
There's not going to be an apology from the league. The whole point of this exercise was to show the players who has the power, and that the players should jump when the NFL says "jump".

Basically, it was Goodell spraying his scent to claim his territory. They don't apologize for doing things they believe they have a right to do, and Goodell's power is absolute and his apparent limitless reach makes him feel omnipotent.

That's the public image the NFL is putting forward at this point. It's embarrassing and it will not serve them well long-term, but they will continue their reign of terror while they can wield that power.

Yeah, it's going to be crap like this that's going to come back to haunt them by way of a protracted holdout at the next CBA.

pczach
09-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah, it's going to be crap like this that's going to come back to haunt them by way of a protracted holdout at the next CBA.

We will see. I know that all the players hate it now. The question is....are they willing to risk losing game checks when the next CBA is negotiated?

If they are willing to stick to their guns, they will be able to remove some of that power from a God-like single power, and have disciplinary matters handled by a more neutral party.

I think that many of the owners are fed up with the bullshit that the commissioner has making them deal with as well, and I believe there will be pressure from ownership to relinquish much of Goodell's power.

fansince'76
09-04-2016, 04:48 PM
We will see. I know that all the players hate it now. The question is....are they willing to risk losing game checks when the next CBA is negotiated?

If they are willing to stick to their guns, they will be able to remove some of that power from a God-like single power, and have disciplinary matters handled by a more neutral party.

I think that many of the owners are fed up with the bullshit that the commissioner has making them deal with as well, and I believe there will be pressure from ownership to relinquish much of Goodell's power.

What pisses me off more than anything about it is when Roethlisberger and Harrison were getting dumped on back in 2010-11, nary a word was said about it. But ever since Goldenboy got suspended, NOW, all of a sudden, it's an issue.

Hawkman
09-04-2016, 08:11 PM
What pisses me off more than anything about it is when Roethlisberger and Harrison were getting dumped on back in 2010-11, nary a word was said about it. But ever since Goldenboy got suspended, NOW, all of a sudden, it's an issue.

Well, you know Goodell and Kraft were butt buddies, unlike Dan and Art.

pczach
09-05-2016, 11:02 AM

Par for the course my man........

The Steelers and their players keep getting screwed over by the league, while the Patriots have been breaking rules on a regular basis that should potentially have them removed from the NFL.

Then we get to listen to the Cheats and their fans whine about any scrutiny of their team while they've given themselves an advantage over every opponent they've faced for the past 16 years under Bill Belichick and his minions that continually try to find new ways to cheat and get away with it.

Oh the humanity!