PDA

View Full Version : Ladarius Green’s recurring headaches raise questions about his future, contract

Shoes
08-11-2016, 01:46 PM
So it appears Green's issue isn't his ankle surgery.

The NFL Media report, attributed to an unnamed member of the Steelers, regarding the recurring headaches suffered by tight end Ladarius Green (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7568/ladarius-green)raises questions about the player’s future, and regarding his contract.
First, rumors of Green dealing with lingering headaches have been circulating since training camp opened. The person who first mentioned the ongoing headaches to PFT suggested that Green is considering retirement. If the headaches don’t resolve, retirement remains an option.
Second, earlier today the same source told PFT that there’s new speculation that the Steelers may eventually cut Green.
Third, the Steelers could end up recovering (or at least trying to recover) Green’s $4.75 million signing bonus. If he retires, Green definitely owes the money. Even if he’s cut, however, there’s a chance the Steelers could make the same argument the Patriots advanced three years ago regarding defensive end Jonathan Fanene.
in 2013, the Patriots signed Fanene, gave him a $3.85 million signing bonus, and later cut him due to a knee injury that, as the team argued, came from a condition he had failed to disclose. If Green didn’t tell the Steelers he was still experiencing headaches at the time he was signed (and if he was indeed experiencing headaches), the Steelers could try to recover the $4.75 million.
In Fanene’s case, the grievance was settled, allowing the player to keep the $2.5 million he had received while also allowing the team to keep the $1.35 million balance (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/22/pats-fanene-find-middle-ground-on-signing-bonus-grievance/).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/11/ladarius-greens-recurring-headaches-raise-questions-about-his-future-contract/

and this..

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/report-recurring-headaches-keeping-new-steelers-te-ladarius-green-sidelined/

salamander
08-11-2016, 01:59 PM
I'm starting to lose hope in seeing Green actually play for the Steelers.

Shame though because it seemed like such a solid signing.

BlackAndGold
08-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot
From March LG presser: “It came out as a concussion but I just had sinus problems, so it wasn’t a concussion,” said Green.

More LG from March presser: “It was just the sinuses that got bad and they didn’t know about it so it’s fine now.”

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/763799995006930944

Lets hope it's just a sinus issue

steel striker
08-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Yeah let's hope for the best and, maybe the Outlaw Jesse James will be good this year.

Shoes
08-11-2016, 02:09 PM
From March LG presser: “It came out as a concussion but I just had sinus problems, so it wasn’t a concussion,” said Green.

More LG from March presser: “It was just the sinuses that got bad and they didn’t know about it so it’s fine now.”

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/763799995006930944

Lets hope it's just a sinus issue

I believe thats what he said when the Steelers signed him, but this is now August and he still has headaches. I think his teammates rolling their eyes scares me.

BlackAndGold
08-11-2016, 02:13 PM
I believe thats what he said when the Steelers signed him, but this is now August and he still has headaches. I think his teammates rolling their eyes scares me.

Agreed, that's something you never want to hear.

Really hope Jesse James is ready to play. Wonder if Heath would pull a James Harrison?

Shoes
08-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Agreed, that's something you never want to hear.

Really hope Jesse James is ready to play. Wonder if Heath would pull a James Harrison?

I still think we should have drafted a TE. :chuckle:

teegre
08-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Well that sucks.

The silver lining:
They can use that "bonus" money to re-sign AB, DD, and/or Tuitt.

GBMelBlount
08-11-2016, 02:52 PM
I still think we should have drafted a TE. :chuckle:

I think you and I might have been the only one's pulling for Eiffert in the first round of 2013.

Thankfully Jarvis Jones was still available....:grin:

Bluecoat96
08-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Well, in Green's defense, once allergy season hits in late spring, I have recurring headaches for what seems like all damn summer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rotorhead
08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Well this just sucks, hopefully it will not be anything really. I understand him wanting to call it quits if it is a brain thing, no reason to ruin the rest of your life if you know you are having issues. Wonder what other TE's will be let go come cut down day . . . and Jesse James will need to step in and play some ball now!

steelerkitty
08-11-2016, 06:09 PM
I knew and said he was a BUM all along. He has always been tissue paper soft, and a pansy. He flat out lied in order to get a contract, and that signing bonus. And he will never retire cause it will mean he has to return the full amount of money. If Steelers cut him, chances are he will keep most, if not all of it. But the guy is a Soft-AZZ BUM!!

hawaiiansteeler
08-11-2016, 06:51 PM
I knew and said he was a BUM all along. He has always been tissue paper soft, and a pansy. He flat out lied in order to get a contract, and that signing bonus. And he will never retire cause it will mean he has to return the full amount of money. If Steelers cut him, chances are he will keep most, if not all of it. But the guy is a Soft-AZZ BUM!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jxfdd.jpg

tube517
08-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Uh, yeah, he must be a thug...... :sarcasm::uhoh::behindsofa::hippo::jerkit:

- - - Updated - - -

st33lersguy
08-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Unbelievable

lipps83
08-11-2016, 09:10 PM
As time passes this once intimidating offense is merely going to be a shell of what it could have been.

Still will be good though, but it might be a bit of a struggle to hit great.

BlackAndGold
08-11-2016, 09:34 PM
WTF!!!

Shoes
08-11-2016, 09:39 PM
I think you and I might have been the only one's pulling for Eiffert in the first round of 2013.

Thankfully Jarvis Jones was still available....:grin:

:chuckle:

Didn't the Steelers medical team check this guy out? If he said nothing about the headaches to the Steelers, they shouldn't pay him a dime.

BlackAndGold
08-11-2016, 09:50 PM
:chuckle:

Didn't the Steelers medical team check this guy out? If he said nothing about the headaches to the Steelers, they shouldn't pay him a dime.

I know(hope) we'll find out more tomorrow from Tomlin after the game.

Psycho Ward 86
08-11-2016, 10:01 PM
disconcerting. Jesse James and Grimble need to step up big for us. such a shame that Ben finally gets a move tight end and theyre struggling to hit the field together

st33lersguy
08-11-2016, 11:17 PM
How is it that for the second year in a row, the Steelers lose this many players to suspensions/injuries before the start of the season? The main problem is not losing Green, they can overcome not having Green and not having high quality production at TE with Ben and what they have at WR, O-line, and RB. The main problem is that it looks like it could be another year where they get really unlucky, suffer a rash of injuries to key players and lose many key players for multiple games during the season

86WARD
08-12-2016, 09:28 AM

Lol. Clueless.

Rotorhead
08-12-2016, 01:38 PM
It is starting to look that way st33lers, but I have high hopes for the outlaw still. Now is his chance to show what he can do.

steelreserve
08-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Well, this is off to a roaring start.

Figures, after what started out as a promising offseason where we looked like title contenders, now thanks to dogshit injuries and idiot drug suspensions, we're poised to start out exactly where we were last year, which is good but missing a few obvious pieces. You could even argue we might be a step back. What in the actual fuck.

I guess our best hope right now is that the addition by subtraction of Blake and C. Thomas will make roughly the same difference adding two Pro Bowl players. Which it actually might.

steel striker
08-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Staring to remind me of that kicker we signed last year that was damaged goods Josh S.

B&G
08-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Wonder if Scott Chandler is still available, he won't light the world on fire but he would add some experience and depth, plus be able to help the younger guys out, that is if Green can't go.

SteelerFanInStl
08-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Wonder if Scott Chandler is still available, he won't light the world on fire but he would add some experience and depth, plus be able to help the younger guys out, that is if Green can't go.

Chandler had ACL surgery in April. He won't be playing for anyone this season and is probably done.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/scott-chandlers-knee-surgery-knocks-him-out-for-2016-and-maybe-for-good/

tube517
08-12-2016, 04:15 PM
I sense some Tackle Eligible 1st and Goal plays for Big Al.

B&G
08-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Well ok then, and yeah at 31 he is probably done for good.

BlackAndGold
08-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Owen Daniels is also a FA.

But I'm still hoping for the best and hoping it's just severe sinus problem. It would sad if he was having affects from getting hit at such an early age.

ALLD
08-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Maybe he did too much coke?

Steeldude
08-12-2016, 05:30 PM
I never went into this season thinking this guy was on the team. Each time I hear the name Green I have to think, "Who is Green". It makes no difference to me if he plays or does not this season.

86WARD
08-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Daniels wouldn't be a terrible replacement...but I had high hopes for Green. He was pretty solid in SD.

BlackAndGold
08-12-2016, 09:29 PM

Not sure how I should take his.

A: There is noting wrong, just rehabbing his ankle.
B: It's true, just doesn't want to put more spotlight on the situation.

Bluecoat96
08-12-2016, 11:10 PM
There are times when I truly think that there's someone in the Steelers organization who's job is solely to f*ck with the media. Maybe the source of the headache rumor also leaked the Big Ben wants traded rumor to Ian Crapoport.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

katmandu
08-13-2016, 02:06 AM
I gotta question.

WHEN did Green sustain his last concussion ?

If it's been over 6 months ago, I call bulllshiit on his supposed headaches being related to concussions. NOT saying it's not possible, but very highly unlikely to reoccur so long afterwards.

Many years ago, I sustained a Grade 3 (most severe) concussion that nearly killed me. I stopped having headaches after 3-4 months.

Now, it is true that all concussions affect each individual differently, but having reoccuring headaches several months later sounds quite suspicious to me.

IF he is infact having reoccuring headaches, I would agree with the allergy/sinus headache theory. SW PA is nasty for molds this time of year.

Shoes
08-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Here is the Steelers TE draft for pick next year, Bucky Hodges 6' 6" 250 lbs. From an approved Tomlin college..Virginia Tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeFOaljjjc

tube517
08-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Here is the Steelers TE draft for pick next year, Bucky Hodges 6' 6" 250 lbs. From an approved Tomlin college..Virginia Tech.

:thumbsup:

Mojouw
08-13-2016, 08:14 PM

Does he project to the 7th round? That's the Steelers go to TE round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoes
08-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Does he project to the 7th round? That's the Steelers go to TE round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to stop that nonsense and this year's void at the position may cure it, even if Green works out.

BlackAndGold
08-15-2016, 02:04 PM
No players on concussion protocol per Tomlin.

Born2Steel
08-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Maybe it's a migraine condition like TD had in Denver.

katmandu
08-15-2016, 02:53 PM
No players on concussion protocol per Tomlin.From what I've read so far is his last concussion was last September. Almost (1) year ago.

He should not be having concussion symptoms this far removed from his last one. I smell BS.

I hope I'm wrong on this but you know how sometimes motorcyclist lose their "edge" of riding ? Meaning the fear of an accident makes them give up riding all together ?

I hope this not happened to Greene. The fear of getting hurt with another concussion making him get cold feet about playing again.

Look how many young players have already retired because of this already.

Or perhaps the realization of having to face James Harrison in practice has scared the shiittt out of him !! LOL ! :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
08-15-2016, 04:04 PM
The4ngryG4mer: If Green is indeed having trouble getting on the field for concussion issues, what does Tomlin have to gain by not being honest about the situation?

Ray Fittipaldo: No one really knows why Tomlin isn't being truthful about the situation. I do know he and Kevin Colbert don't like it when information is leaked. THey were mad, for instance, when someone from the NFL leaked the news about Le'Veon Bell's suspension. I guess they view this in the same way. Just being hard headed. I cannot think of another logical reason he'd lie about it.

ChicagoNate: Hi Ray, great job with the chats. I noticed a lot of talk about Tomlin lying to the media regarding Greens headaches. I believe Tomlin said he is on the PUP list because of his ankle. This is correct, he was placed on PUP because of his ankle. Maybe Green doesnt want the Steelers to discuss his head issues with everyone. A little good judgment should be used before calling people liars. Just my 2 cents.

Ray Fittipaldo: So there's a fine line between being truthful and outright lying to someone? I guess if you want to draw that distinction you can. To me, and a lot of others, why not just come clean after it's been reported? People reported the news. They did their job. After the news is out there I don't know if there is any reason to be misleading about it. Green's agent even came out and said his ankle isn't the problem. When the player's agent is confirming news about a player's health situation I assume the player doesn't care.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/08/15/Ray-Fittipaldo-s-Steelers-chat-8-15-16/stories/201608150105

Hawkman
08-15-2016, 04:49 PM
"People"...... What people??!!!

hawaiiansteeler
08-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Ladarius Green Says He Will Play This Year

by Alex Kozora - Steelers Depot‎
Aug. 20, 2016

Ladarius Green asked if he will play this season: "Of course I will. Why wouldn't I?".

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/ladarius-green-says-will-play-year/