PDA

View Full Version : Chickillo leaves mark on opposing blockers

stillers4me
08-10-2016, 09:21 AM
At a recent Steelers practice at Saint Vincent College, head coach Mike Tomlin asked a rhetorical question.

“Can anybody block Chickillo?” Tomlin yelled during the backs-on-backers drill.

As it turned out, tight end David Johnson held his own against the second-year outside linebacker on the next play, drawing a thanks from Tomlin.
The early returns on Chickillo in his second season are positive as player after player had issues stopping the outside linebacker from getting to the quarterback.

“(Chickillo) is a guy who has been making a hell of a stride and I think he’s going to be another good football player for us,” said Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter. “We have some young good ones. I feel real confident in those guys. I feel real confident that whoever we put in there will do good.”

That wasn’t always the case, particularly for Chickillo..............

Read more @ http://www.observer-reporter.com/20160809/steelersx2019_chickillo_leaves_mark_on_opposing_bl ockers#.V6s0EboXltk.twitter

Born2Steel
08-10-2016, 09:28 AM
These LBs have to step it up this season. Looks like we will be improved inside and outside there, at least at this point.

polamalubeast
08-10-2016, 09:30 AM
These LBs have to step it up this season. Looks like we will be improved inside and outside there, at least at this point.

If Chickillo is better than Jones, he needs to play more often

Born2Steel
08-10-2016, 02:05 PM

Agreed. Depends some on skills at pass rush vs run vs coverages vs personnel.

Steeldude
08-10-2016, 03:01 PM

Won't happen. Jones will be given the job again. Chickillo will rot on the bench

GBMelBlount
08-10-2016, 03:09 PM
These LBs have to step it up this season.

Looks like we will be improved inside and outside there, at least at this point.

It sounds like our entire front 7 may be improved which should help our secondary too.

Devilsdancefloor
08-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Won't happen. Jones will be given the job again. Chickillo will rot on the bench

hope not!!

hawaiiansteeler
08-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Anthony Chickillo on first team punt return. Assuming he stays on kick coverage, he's been a four phase ST'er.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

teegre
08-10-2016, 10:03 PM
By the start of the 2017 season...

...Dupree & Chickillo will be Pittsburgh's starting OLB tandem.

hawaiiansteeler
08-10-2016, 10:40 PM
By the start of the 2017 season...

...Dupree & Chickillo will be Pittsburgh's starting OLB tandem.

I gotta give you props on this prediction.

you've been saying this since last season, way before it was fashionable to jump on the Chick bandwagon...:tt03:

tube517
08-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Anthony Chickillo on first team punt return. Assuming he stays on kick coverage, he's been a four phase ST'er.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Chidi's new favorite player! :chuckle: