PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger hopes to win by losing (weight)

hawaiiansteeler
08-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Ben Roethlisberger hopes to win by losing (weight)

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 6, 2016

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger passes during NFL football minicamp, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic)
AP
Big Ben has always been a very good quarterback. Slightly Less Big Ben might be even better.

According to Albret Breer of TheMMQB.com, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is “noticeably trimmer” this summer, the result of a deliberate effort to get into better shape going into the season.

While there are plenty of “best shape of my life” stories in every camp, Roethlisberger said entering the offseason without lingering injuries enabled him to build another 30 minutes of cardio into his daily workouts.

“My legs felt good enough to do it,” Roethlisberger said. “That’s kind of the other key—you have to be healthy enough to do it. You’re not going to push through an injury. I still don’t throw. I don’t ever throw in the offseason. That’s always been my mentality, you throw enough balls out here. I guess I changed a little bit.

“But for the most part, it was just still taking care of myself, feeling healthy and getting after it.”

As he enters his 13th season, he’s at the helm of what should be one of the top offenses in the league. And as many players who last that long, he’s figured out he has to work harder than when he was younger.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/06/ben-roethlisberger-hopes-to-win-by-losing-weight/

ALLD
08-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Keeps the adrenaline flowing.

smokin3000gt
08-06-2016, 11:31 PM
I can't believe it's been 13 seasons already...