PDA

View Full Version : Cam Heyward sees the defensive question marks dwinding for the Pittsburgh Steelers

polamalubeast
08-06-2016, 05:01 PM
LATROBE -- Cam Heyward, that old salty dog, tried to flip the script on a reporter who asked for his opinion about this year's Pittsburgh Steelers.

"What are YOUR opinions?" Heyward asked. "That's what I want to know."

When told those opinions are everywhere, very cheap and pretty much worthless, Heyward relented and gave HIS side of the story.

"From a defensive point of view, I like the growth we've had," he said. "There are some things we're able to do now that we weren't able to do last year, just by the level of comfortability we have in the defense. That goes on all three levels. We're able to mix things up, we're able to talk about it and then make an adjustment on the fly. Where last year we had some younger guys in that position that weren't too comfortable with it.

"I like that. I like the way we compete. It doesn't feel that uncomfortable having some of these guys in here. They feel a lot more comfortable in their roles."
Some of the newcomers include:

read more

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1693347-does-defense-have-what-it-takes?preview=true