PDA

View Full Version : Why Steelers are supporting Le'Veon Bell despite suspensions

polamalubeast
08-04-2016, 09:40 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/208771/why-steelers-are-supporting-leveon-bell-despite-suspensions

tube517
08-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Checking with a few scouts, the concerns in Bell's 2013 draft scouting report were more about weight concerns (he was 240 at Michigan State but is around 220 now) and fumbling issues than off-field problems. One NFC scout said Bell had no red flags on his report.

Not enough research. Tomlin's fault. :jerkit: :sarcasm:

Deedi
08-05-2016, 04:13 AM
innocent until proven guilty is my opinion here

Mojouw
08-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Team stands by player because he is really talented.

In depth report at 11.

:rolleyes:

BlackAndGold
08-05-2016, 08:08 PM
During the Pittsburgh training camp special on SportsCenter tonight, one of the reporters said that The Steelers feels confident that Bell will be available week 1 against Washington...

86WARD
08-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Not enough research. Tomlin's fault. :jerkit: :sarcasm:

I said that when this story first came out. Bell had zero red flags. I think someone tried to compare it to the Hernandez situation in New England. Hernandez had every red flag possible...Bell was the polar opposite...there is no correlation or similarity between the two.

polamalubeast
08-07-2016, 08:14 AM

tube517
08-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Da Stealers payd da Ko-Mishhhh!!!!

salamander
08-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Da Stealers payd da Ko-Mishhhh!!!!

Well, they do get "special treatment" after all. :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
08-07-2016, 03:21 PM
I'd love for him to win his appeal and be available week one. Hopefully either way, he can stay on the field once he's allowed to play.

Steelerchad
08-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Shouldn't the league contact someone other than the player to schedule a random drug test. Team Dr., trainer, admin. Someone from each team should be appointed with this task and someone should be appointed to make sure they show up as scheduled. Seems like a pretty simple solution. NFL or the Steelers can't possibly benefit by not having a star like Bell on the field.

pczach
08-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Shouldn't the league contact someone other than the player to schedule a random drug test. Team Dr., trainer, admin. Someone from each team should be appointed with this task and someone should be appointed to make sure they show up as scheduled. Seems like a pretty simple solution. NFL or the Steelers can't possibly benefit by not having a star like Bell on the field.

True.....just like they should have monitored and controlled the condition of the field at the Hall of Fame game. For an organization that wants to control everything, the NFL sure does screw up a ton of things that they should have a handle on.

polamalubeast
08-08-2016, 05:45 PM
I think his suspension will be at least reduced and I would not be surprised if the suspension is overturned.

fansince'76
08-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Well, they do get "special treatment" after all. :chuckle:

Yep, that's why Dan and Art II currently "share" ownership of the team with about 20 outside investors, because of all that league favoritism when Goodell essentially strong-armed all the other Rooney brothers to sell their shares in the team for owning racetracks.

Yet Jones and Kraft were allowed to invest heavily in a gambling enterprise that is directly related to the NFL itself...

Craic
08-09-2016, 01:35 AM

No. Can you imagine that cheating that'd go on if you let the New England Cheats get involved in their player's testing?