air.

He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to
work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation
fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public
transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a
contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay,
medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some
liberal union members fought and died for these working standards.
Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't
want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker
compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think
he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some
bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured because some
liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who
ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below
market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that
Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and
earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at
his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to
dad's; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal
fought for car safety standards.

He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live
in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers
didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until
some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and
demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republicans would still
be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social
Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could
take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to. After his visit with dad
he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host keeps saying that liberals
are bad and conservatives are good (He doesn't tell Joe that his
beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit
Joe enjoys throughout his day). Joe agrees, "We don't need those big
government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self-made man
who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I
have."

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 02:55 PM
That was a fun read Vis, thanks!

You forgot to mention bankrupting our country, enslaving our children and grandchildren with unsustainable debt and trampling our freedoms along the way.

Oh, and by the way, our public water sucks. We still had to buy a water filtration system from a private sector company that pays the highest corporate tax rates in the entire world.

Otherwise it was a very cute piece. :lol:

Vis
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
That was a fun read Vis, thanks!

You forgot to mention bankrupting our country, enslaving our children and grandchildren with unsustainable debt, trampling our freedoms and taking what belongs to one group by force and giving it those to whom it does not belong while lining their pockets along the way.

Oh, and by the way, our public water sucks. We still had to buy a water filtration system from a private sector company that pays the highest corporate tax rates in the entire world.[/B]

Otherwise it was a very cute piece. :lol:

Freedoms like the ability to put a religion based community center in one's own private property?

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Vis, what exactly is your point? You realize there has been an exhaustive thread on this community center? Perhaps you can post that there. Just sayin.

Vis
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
C'mon vis, you're all over the map here. Stop flailing. lol.

I'm just trying to shine the light in this dark conservative place. It's my first day.

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm just trying to shine the light in this dark conservative place. It's my first day.

LOL. Fair enough. Welcome to the board friend. :drink:

Mach1
09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Where's my FREE stuff.

Vincent
09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Vis, what exactly is your point? You realize there has been an exhaustive thread on this community center? Perhaps you can post that there. Just sayin.

That's way too much reading for the Counselor. He just wants to bait and quickly get to calling people "bigot".

:jerkit: No, you're stirring up @#$% here because you can't take the heat elsewhere.

JonM229
09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
We don't take kindly to you and your hippie liberal friends

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
That's way too much reading for the Counselor. He just wants to bait and quickly get to calling people "bigot".

:jerkit: No, you're stirring up @#$% here because you can't take the heat elsewhere.

C'mon Vincent!

You of all people enjoy intelligent debate and Vis is not making it personal....yet. :chuckle:

Wallace108
09-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm just trying to shine the light in this dark conservative place..

We have plenty of light here. But I guess it's difficult for liberals to see it with their heads shoved so far up their asses. :noidea:
:chuckle:

Vincent
09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Curiosity Counselor. Why did you switch so quickly from "Vis Major" to "Vis"?

Vincent
09-10-2010, 04:32 PM
C'mon Vincent!

You of all people enjoy intelligent debate and Vis is not making it personal....yet. :chuckle:

Yes, and I have come to expect so much more from Vis than this pedestrian bull@#$%.

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, and I have come to expect so much more from Vis than this pedestrian bull@#$%.

Seriously Vincent, Vis just needs a hug. That's all. He is reaching out for some conservative love. Be gentle friend...

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
We are the world......

Kum bay ya.....

I'd like to teach the world to sing.....(whistling)

Give to each according to his needs....oops, sorry

Vincent
09-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Give to each according to his needs....oops, sorry

@#$% disturber.

7SteelGal43
09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
It's voting day. Lee, an African-American gentlemen, is on his way to the polling place to cast his vote. Thanks to liberals, Lee is in no hurry to get there. After all, he has no place to be. You see, government regulations and tax burden on the company Lee used to work for forced major downsizing. Now, Lee has all the free time he's ever dreamed of. No worries though. Thanks to liberals, those who ARE lucky enough to still have a job are paying for Lee's health care, groceries, and even his mortgage. Oh, and that vote that Lee will cast for a liberal ? Well, he can thank a Republican for that.

GBMelBlount
09-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Interesting Gal.

I recently interviewed someone who had an excellent resume and was a perfect fit for the job I was interviewing people for.

When I called him back for a 2nd interview he told me he would have to wait and see whether Obama would extend unemployment benefits or not and said he would be foolish to take on a full time job when he could work part time, make just us much, and have more free time by continuing utilize unemployment income.

wow...

JonM229
09-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Interesting Gal.

I recently interviewed someone who had an excellent resume and was a perfect fit for the job I was interviewing people for.

When I called him back for a 2nd interview he told me he would have to wait and see whether Obama would extend unemployment benefits or not and said he would be foolish to take on a full time job when he could work part time, make just us much, and have more free time by continuing utilize unemployment income.

wow...

I hate people like that. I was unemployed for three months and almost took a job at Wal-Mart just so I could work (and I would've made the same as I would have collecting unemployment). Luckily, I was offered a much better job elsewhere before my Wal-Mart orientation.

7SteelGal43
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Interesting Gal.

wow...

wow !!

stillers4me
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I hate people like that. I was unemployed for three months and almost took a job at Wal-Mart just so I could work (and I would've made the same as I would have collecting unemployment). Luckily, I was offered a much better job elsewhere before my Wal-Mart orientation.

:toofunny: I just noticed your avatar pic. That has got to be the worst commercial I've ever seen. :toofunny:

NJarhead
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
:toofunny: I just noticed your avatar pic. That has got to be the worst commercial I've ever seen. :toofunny:

Agreed.

NJarhead
09-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Interesting Gal.

wow...

WELL?? What the hell did you want me to do?? Free money bitches! :chuckle:

I'm just kiddin', that wasn't really me. :wink02:

JonM229
09-10-2010, 06:11 PM

Agreed.

Sorry guys, not all great NFL players can have dandruff

NJarhead
09-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Sorry guys, not all great NFL players can have dandruff

We're not talking about great NFL players; we're talking about Ray Lewis.

venom
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
That was a great story . I love fairytales

Godfather
09-10-2010, 08:12 PM
The OP raised some good points. Unfortunately the government has gone far beyond collective self-defense and building infrastructure.

In a few years Joe will be paying $650 a month for crappy health insurance because Obama and his minions decided everyone should be forced to hand over their money to a private company. Then when he gets sick he won't be able to find a doctor because that same law provided no relief for doctors from the administrative burdens of dealing with crooked insurance companies.

He'll also have a smaller paycheck because O and company decided to borrow trillions of dollars to give to corporate fat cats who already proved they couldn't manage money responsibly.

7SteelGal43
09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh, and let's not forget that Fannie, Freddie, sub-prime mortgages, that the OP so proudly noted in his post has lead to this foreclosure bonanza and slumping home sales. I had to do a short sale on my home to avoid foreclosure. Bought it for $107,000 in 1998, sold it for $65,000 in 2010. Nice.

smokin3000gt
09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
EMPLOYER is what made everything possible in almost every paragraph in the OP. Sounds like everyone is taking it in the ass, except for Joe.

smokin3000gt
09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Interesting Gal.

wow...

GB, you hit the nail right on the head. When I run a 'for hire' ad, I get a lot of people who come in and get interviewed just so I can sign the little paper that says they are looking for a job. Even though they have no intention of taking one. Countless people have come through the door that have been out of work for a 12-18 months and wouldn't take a job if I begged them to until their unemployment runs out and they're for sure there won't be another extension. It makes me want to puke.

LLT
09-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey Vis...can you e-mail your OP to a friend of mine? I tried to, but the stupid "truth filter" kicked in....

A Day in the Life of Joe Democrat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffee pot with water to prepare his morning coffee. Joe can afford the coffee because he works for one of those corporate loving rich Republicans.

With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications work because those money-grubbing Republicans refuse to place price controls on drugs, thereby allowing pharmaceutical companies to earn enough money to pay for the extensive Research and Development to create miracle drugs. Sadly, the drugs still cost way too much because government mandated health insurance has artificially increased the demand for medications with no one to police the prices, but that’s OK since Joe’s Republican bossman pays all but $10 of Joe's medications.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient, none of which are damaging to his skin because some fascist animal-hating sadistic corporation paid some scientists to swab the shampoo in some poor rabbit’s eyes....you know...just for kicks.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some dollar-worshipping conservative developer built some nice houses with pretty yards 15 miles from the industrial sector of the city, and Joe drives his comfortable and affordable “Japanese” car made in Georgia without the inflated cost of union labor, and Joe can stop on his way home to pick up a package of reasonably priced T-shirts at the evil Wal-Mart, instead of having to park his car and take a filthy subway to pay twice as much downtown.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because his parents who got by just fine without relying on the government, put him through school. Joe's employer pays for all these benefits because he doesn't want to lose a trained employee to his competitor in a capitalistic,free market.

It's noontime and Joe doesnt really need to make a bank deposit because evil monopolist Bill Gates helped make computers useable to the general public and he can automatically pay bills thanks to the economies of scale of Bank of America or Wachovia installing the expensive equipment to allow Joe this convenience. While Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC, Joe doesn’t have to worry about Democrats in Congress pulling the rug out from under the real estate market again like they did in the 80s. At least Joe hopes they learned their lesson.

Joe pays a low rate mortgage because Americans voted for that war monger Ronald Reagan in 1980 and Bill Clinton had the good sense to reappoint Alan Greenspan. And Joe can afford a nicer home, not only just because of the low mortgage rates, but also because he gets to keep more of his hard earned money because Republican Presidents in the 1980s and in 2001 cut his taxes.

After work this evening, Joe plans to visit his father at his farm home in the country that Joe’s dad still owns because his landed-gentry Republican County Commissioners have refused to steal his land in the name of a higher tax base.

Joe gets in his car and drives 65 and 70 mph, because pollution loving Republicans don’t make you plug your car in overnight so you can drive for 2 hours at a maximum speed of 20 mph.

Joe arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house, but he doesn’t because when his grandparents moved to the United States they learned to speak English and didn’t spend their time complaining about how the government wasn’t doing enough for them. The house didn't have electricity until some military-industrial power company plopped a big ol’ nuclear power plant over by the river.

Joe is happy to see his father, so they go to the local bar and enjoy a beer and a cigar, where Joe’s dad tells him that if the estate tax is repealed, Joe can keep the farm in the family for a fourth generation and won’t have to sell it to pay the taxes.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on NPR. The reporters keep telling stories about how bad corporations only care about profit and that higher taxes will allow the government to “invest” in our future. They don’t mention that the beloved Democrats have vilified the very people who have provided him jobs, goods, and services from their small businesses and big companies.

Joe agrees: "Those evil corporations don’t care about the little guy, all they want is to pay their executives huge salaries and steal oil from the middle east. Why can’t we be like Europe where we can work 30 hour weeks and get a month vacation? Bastard rich people only care about themselves."

The WH
09-13-2010, 02:12 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060209165538/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/7/7d/Joyofkilling.png/180px-Joyofkilling.png

urgle burgle
09-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Curiosity Counselor. Why did you switch so quickly from "Vis Major" to "Vis"?

ahhh, vinny......you caught it to huh? i was hoping i wasnt the only one. you are the bright boy i always credited you for......
seems he likes to bring his legal services to many places......but the prices and counsel always stays the same.

Vis
09-16-2010, 11:51 AM
ahhh, vinny......you caught it to huh? i was hoping i wasnt the only one. you are the bright boy i always credited you for......
seems he likes to bring his legal services to many places......but the prices and counsel always stays the same.

I was Vis on SF. It wouldn't let me sign up as Vis here. HTG hooked me up afterwards. She's good to me.

GBMelBlount
09-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I was Vis on SF. It wouldn't let me sign up as Vis here. HTG hooked me up afterwards. She's good to me.

I would have gone with Vis-a-vis, Vis.

I've actually tried to use that word/phrase a few times but it's just too weird.

Seriously, is it a word or a phrase? I don't know. Perhaps that is why I don't use it much.

Plus it's French...I think....which could also subconsciously be my aversion to it.