PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger says Steelers-Bengals rivalry 'got out of control'

stillers4me
07-31-2016, 09:52 AM
Rivalries are tremendous for sports. This is especially true of professional football. When two teams have a genuine dislike for each other, and want nothing more than to destroy each other on the field, it adds a level of intensity and intrigue to every matchup. But according to Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the rivalry between his Steelers and the Cincinnati Bengals went too far in 2015.........

Read more @ http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/30/roethlisberger-says-steelers-bengals-rivalry-got-out-of-control/

stillers4me
07-31-2016, 10:02 AM
Still in their heads........ :lol: Honestly, they are still obsessed with this here in Cinci! They really think we are skeeerrred of them!

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Photo-Fan-wearing-Burfict-jersey-attends-Steelers-training-camp-46490578

tube517
07-31-2016, 01:00 PM
As much of a dipshit as Burfict is, this rivalry doesn't compare to Oakland-Pittsburgh in the 70s.

That was the most intense physical rivalry I've ever seen. The shot that AB took in the playoff game was what Swann saw every time they played. That's just one player. They all went after each other on both sides of the ball.

BigNastyDefense
07-31-2016, 01:50 PM
I think the issue is more on the Bengals side of things than it is the Steelers side of things.

It was the Bengals losing control of themselves in the Wild Card game. Burfict couldn't keep himself from laying a vicious and illegal hit on AB, and he had plenty of time to avoid it but chose not too. And then that moron Pacman Jones HITS A REF.

Burfict hits Bell - ending his season - and celebrates it. Was he celebrating making a stop or injuring Bell? We won't ever know, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was the injury he was celebrating.

That entire team is straight up trash.

I always hated the Baltimore Ravens. Hated Ray Lewis. Ed Reed. Ngata. Everyone on that team. But I also respected that team. I can't say I have any respect for the Bengals.

Butch
07-31-2016, 02:29 PM
When the Bengals beat the Steelers the town celebrates like they won the Superbowl, but when the Steelers beat them it's no big deal.

polamalubeast
07-31-2016, 02:57 PM
No doubt, the Bengals are a talented team but they have never been good in the games in primetime or in the playoffs.

stillers4me
07-31-2016, 03:15 PM

Edman
08-01-2016, 09:26 AM
One of the most disliked opponents in Steelers history (right up there with Cliff Harris, Tom "Hollywood" Henderson, George Atkinson, and Joe "Turkey" Jones among others)

Burfict is an ass, but he pales in comparison to the likes of Ray Lewis and Tom Brady in terms of hate.

Born2Steel
08-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Since the realignment in 2002, the Bengals have won 8 games, I think, against us. That's 8 wins in 13 years, and 26 regular season games plus playoff games. It's not a mutual rivalry. They hate us because we have owned them. Plain and simple as that.

lotas
08-01-2016, 09:39 AM
In order for a rivalry to exist, in my opinion, there has to be mutual respect. It can be buried deep upon layer of layer of hate, but there is still a residual respect both ways. I've always felt this with the Ravens and I've even felt it, as much as it pains me to say this, with the Patriots and Tom Brady.

I have no respect for the Bengals organization as a whole. Burfict is a dirty scumbag, he's not James Harrison playing the game as hard as he can because he loves it. Burfict is out there trying to do everything he can, legal or not, to help his team win. That's why the Wildcard game last year was a beautiful display of karma and hubris.

It's not a rivalry, it's domination.

polamalubeast
08-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Since the realignment in 2002, the Bengals have won 8 games, I think, against us. That's 8 wins in 13 years, and 26 regular season games plus playoff games. It's not a mutual rivalry. They hate us because we have owned them. Plain and simple as that.

And the Bengals have won only 2 games(2-14 in total) in Cincinnati against the Steelers since 2002!