PDA

View Full Version : Steelers DE Tuitt enters with high expectations after strong end to 2015

stillers4me
07-31-2016, 09:48 AM
While the Steelers secondary will draw plenty of attention during training camp at St. Vincent, the strength of the defense arguably is the defensive front, particularly ends Stephon Tuitt and Cam Heyward.

Tuitt and Heyward are considered among the best set of defensive ends in the NFL. But it's Tuitt's incalculable progress over the final weeks of the 2015 season that gives defensive coordinator Keith Butler reasons to feel confident the front seven can protect a secondary that seems vulnerable with several young players expected to be tossed into the fray.

Tuitt, often haunted by nagging injuries his first two seasons, enters his third beaming with confidence..........

Read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/10825121-74/tuitt-defense-defensive

Born2Steel
08-01-2016, 02:10 PM
I didn't realize he was haunted by nagging injuries. His play was great. Can't wait to see him continue to improve.

st33lersguy
08-01-2016, 07:52 PM
I think the entire D-line is going to be nasty this year

GBMelBlount
08-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Agreed. If healthy.

teegre
08-03-2016, 04:53 AM
He will surpass Heyward this season.

Not because Heyward will decline (in fact, Heyward will get slightly better), but because Tuitt is on the cusp of making that significant jump from "good player" to "All Pro".