PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Most Under Rated Player?

GBMelBlount
07-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Terms like overrated are used often when talking about the NFL. Players who are thought to be better than most would consider, but often times players who are better than most believe, or underrated, are rarely considered. ESPN recently listed the most underrated player on all 32 NFL teams recently, and the player selected for the Pittsburgh Steelers might come as a shock to many.

None other than defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt.

See what ESPN had to say about Tuitt and his tag of being underrated:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/7/12/12143162/stephon-tuitt-is-the-most-underrated-player-on-the-steelers-roster

BlackAndGold
07-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Marcus Gilbert is pretty underrated. Remember, he shut Von Miller down twice last season. Khalil Mack was noneffective also.

teegre
07-13-2016, 07:27 AM
Tuitt is on the cusp of stardom.

My prediction:
This season, he'll surpass Heyward as the best player on defense.

Born2Steel
07-13-2016, 10:22 AM
The most underrated player on most teams is the guy that kicks XPs and FGs. They usually only get press or acknowledged when they suck. An automatic 3 is a huge bonus for any team. That said, the hell with kickers.

GBMelBlount
07-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Tuitt could be that difference maker on defense this year.

I think Coates could be that guy on offense.

BlackAndGold
07-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Tuitt is on the cusp of stardom.

My prediction:
This season, he'll surpass Heyward as the best player on defense.

And he just turned 23 years old...

Steel Peon
07-13-2016, 10:35 PM
Our teams of old might've had an underrated player or 2, due to the plethora of talent present throughout those eras. On this current team however, the talent we have shows very brightly, and is easy to spot next to all the other not-so-talented ones. So who do I think is the current most underrated Steeler? No one....they're all rated just fine I think.

zulater
07-14-2016, 11:09 AM
I'll go Mike Mitchell. After a really spotty first season as a Steeler (14) he really came on last year and was the glue that held the secondary together.

fansince'76
07-14-2016, 11:30 AM
At the risk of beating a dead horse, Roethlisberger is still vastly underrated. I can understand it from other fanbases and the sports media since most of them are blithering idiots, but it's a crying shame how completely unappreciated he STILL is by many within Steelers Nation:

ben simply isnt elite... (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/41387-ben-simply-isnt-elite?p=598568&viewfull=1#post598568)

...he threw for over three hundred yards again...and couldnt get seven when it is needed, in the clutch...but creeky manning who cant hit the broad side of a barn...drove to the winning td WHEN HE HAD TO....that is the difference...

Yep, it was totally Ben's fault that a 4th-string RB coughed it up when we were driving for the game-icing score against the Broncos. :coffee:

He is definitely no Brady or Rogers.

No AB, a 4th-string RB and no Pouncey against the best defense in the league on their field, yet Rodgers can play like absolute ass for an entire season and it's "bu-bu-but-NO JORDY NELSON!!!!" When is Roethlisberger going to start to get the benefit of these excuses, particularly from hypercritical Steelers fans?

I'm sorry, but jackholes like these DESERVE the likes of Stoudt/Malone/Brister/Stewart under center for another 20-25 years...

tube517
07-14-2016, 01:34 PM
At the risk of beating a dead horse, Roethlisberger is still vastly underrated. I can understand it from other fanbases and the sports media since most of them are blithering idiots, but it's a crying shame how completely unappreciated he STILL is by many within Steelers Nation:

ben simply isnt elite... (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/41387-ben-simply-isnt-elite?p=598568&viewfull=1#post598568)

Yep, it was totally Ben's fault that a 4th-string RB coughed it up when we were driving for the game-icing score against the Broncos. :coffee:

No AB, a 4th-string RB and no Pouncey against the best defense in the league on their field, yet Rodgers can play like absolute ass for an entire season and it's "bu-bu-but-NO JORDY NELSON!!!!" When is Roethlisberger going to start to get the benefit of these excuses, particularly from hypercritical Steelers fans?

I'm sorry, but jackholes like these DESERVE the likes of Stoudt/Malone/Brister/Stewart under center for another 20-25 years...

LOL@that site.

They have the roster from 2012 and the schedule from 2012.

fansince'76
07-14-2016, 01:51 PM
LOL@that site.

They have the roster from 2012 and the schedule from 2012.

Yeah, it's basically a ghost town - nobody has even posted there since early June. But the few "regulars" that still frequent it are the epitome of "dumbass yinzers" from what I've seen.

86WARD
07-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Ben and Heyward.

SteelerFanInStl
07-14-2016, 04:28 PM

I agree. Anyone who says that crap is an embarrassment to the real Steeler fans.

tube517
07-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it's basically a ghost town - nobody has even posted there since early June. But the few "regulars" that still frequent it are the epitome of "dumbass yinzers" from what I've seen.

:poker::bond::hippo:

fansince'76
07-14-2016, 05:08 PM
:poker::bond::hippo:

http://images.wisegeek.com/scarecrow-on-bale-of-hay.jpg

:chuckle:

Steelerette
07-15-2016, 04:32 AM
Toney Clemons. Never got his chance to shine, and imagine the commentary every time he broke downfield...

TONEY'S GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

teegre
07-15-2016, 09:42 AM
And he just turned 23 years old...

I have a Steelers sweatshirt older than him. :old:

Since he's a second-round pick, we only get four "cheap" years with him (instead of five for first-round picks). Ergo, we need to extend him ASAP.

LloydWoodson
07-18-2016, 12:43 PM
I will have to say Lawrence Timmons. He should be a Probowler more years than he is not.

I feel that Steelers fans rate our players appropriately so "underrated" pertains to general perceptions of other fans and teams.

lotas
07-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Chris Boswell, he was such a huge part of our ability to stay alive in close games last season and through the playoffs. He ended the Oakland game, the Bengals playoff game, he was irreplaceable. Sorry Shaunny boy.

18-18 under 40 yds
29-32 overall

It doesn't get much better than that. Scobee and that Baltimore game will forever haunt us, and provide a source of eternal appreciation for Boswell.