PDA

View Full Version : NFL threatens James Harrison with discipline if interview request not granted

stillers4me
07-01-2016, 01:03 PM
The fiasco that is the NFL investigation into alleged PED use by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, among others, continues inexorably forward on the part of league officials, following another round of paperwork sent out to the NFLPA on Thursday, this time with threatening undertones.

The senior vice president of labor affairs for the NFL, Adolpho Birch, has responded to the NFLPA’s request for proof of credible evidence with what amounts to an outright rejection and an assertion of the league’s power over the players.

A copy of the letter sent by Birch was obtained by USA TODAY Sports and published in an article by Lindsay Jones (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/06/30/al-jazeera-america-clay-matthews-james-harrison/86562202/)last night, see’s the league taking a hard line with the NFLPA.
“While we readily agree that such evidence is required to support the imposition of discipline, nothing in the CBA or the policy imposes such a requirement before possible violations of the policy may be investigated. Obviously, the standard that you advocate — that the league cannot undertake an investigation unless and until it has established the facts and claims to be investigated — would simply ensure that there would be no investigations at all. For the same reason, we are under no obligation to disclose all evidence uncovered thus far as a condition to interviewing the players, which would clearly compromise the investigation.” By all the accounts, the letter goes on to state that the Al Jareeza report (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJRPxmTuxoI) is enough in its own right to warrant the investigation the league is undertaking, according to Jones, regardless that the key witness recanted his statement......

Read more @ http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/01/nfl-threatens-harrison-with-suspension-if-interview-request-not-granted/

GBMelBlount
07-01-2016, 04:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-tYZkJ2p54

fansince'76
07-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Harrison needs to lawyer up and take it to court. The league's drug policy is well-defined and Goodell can't simply do whatever he wants like he can under the player conduct policy.

tube517
07-01-2016, 09:31 PM
http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/10719796-74/harrison-nfl-goodell

Nice laundry list of screw-ups, Rog.

st33lersguy
07-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Don't back down Harrison, no way Gotohell can get away with this

fansince'76
07-01-2016, 10:39 PM
http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/10719796-74/harrison-nfl-goodell

Nice laundry list of screw-ups, Rog.

And now we have Harrison, an old Goodell adversary, a man who once called Goodell a “crook” and a “devil,” being ordered to appear before the league July 28 in Latrobe because somebody told somebody on TV that he provided Harrison with a banned substance.

And which was later recanted by said "somebody" after it came to light that they were being secretly taped by the other "somebody" who also just so happens to be a mouthpiece for radical Islamic terrorist groups. I'm almost sure it was probably intended as a larger "exposé"
of us "decadent and evil Western infidels" and our juiced up sports stars. :rolleyes:

This is just another witch hunt by an incompetent, vindictive and spiteful POS because Harrison refuses to kiss his ass and dared to publicly call him out for exactly what he is, ironically due to just this kind of behavior. Nothing more, nothing less. :coffee:

salamander
07-02-2016, 05:35 AM
Fuck the NFL.

Hey, Goodell: :flipoff:

stillers4me
07-02-2016, 06:45 AM
If James knows without a doubt that he never used PED's and he's never failed a test, then I hope he stands his ground, even if it means retiring.

This is ridiculous. :old:

fansince'76
07-02-2016, 06:50 AM
If James knows without a doubt that he never used PED's and he's never failed a test, then I hope he stands his ground, even if it means retiring.

This is ridiculous. :old:

Yeah, part of me wonders if he'll get fed up enough with Goodell's BS that he just says "Eff it, I'm outta here."

Hope not, primarily because of the Jarvis Jones misfire in the draft...

ALLD
07-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Harrison is messing with them. They don't treat the players with respect.

Butch
07-02-2016, 09:26 AM
If James Harrison retires then Go to hell and his boys win. The only way for James to win is to fight this in court and once again prove what a fraud Go to Hell and the NFL are. I don't see James backing down after all he was part of a group of Steelers who voted against the CBA because it gave Go to Hell to much power. This is his chance to show Go to Hell what those players meant.

The more players take Go to Hell to court and win the worse it will get for Go to Hell and his regime. Maybe this will eventually come to a head with this asshat resigning from the league and HOPEFULLY we get a real commissioner to head things in a much better path. Tags was downhill from Rozelle, but Go to Hell is going over a cliff into a never ending abyss.

j-d-s
07-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Deebo must have the record for most fines by the NFL. They seem to fine him every other game.

Mach1
07-03-2016, 01:49 AM
Harrison is messing with them. They don't treat the players with respect.

Thats because their not irreplaceable. You don't like it gtfo mentality.

zulater
07-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Just curious. Last year when internet pictures surfaced appearing to show Cam Newton smoking weed in a club did the NFL pull him in for a random drug test or come a calling with 50 questions?

Devilsdancefloor
07-03-2016, 08:06 PM
i find it odd that it is a big deal again now that manning is retired ...... why not bring it up last year while he was playing or would that have hurt the shield more??? this guy has to go the league is suffering.

Count Steeler
07-04-2016, 05:23 AM
With absolute power comes absolute corruption.

Steelers have to be looking like geniuses now, because they were the only team to stand up for the players. Shame on the NFLPA and the NFL. Players are not commodities, they are men. The owners, the NFLPA and the Commish need to change their collective courses and get their heads out of their asses. They have already destroyed the game of football, now they are working on the lives of the men that play the game.

Good on you, James. Biggest stones in the league.

cold-hard-steel
07-04-2016, 07:26 AM
James has been under fire before . I say forword the required testing results and FFFF you .

GBMelBlount
07-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Can't blame him for being pissed.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Gorilla_aafcae_930145.jpg

Born2Steel
07-05-2016, 12:06 PM
No. The BEST thing he can do is do the interview and deny everything. Submit to testing and prove himself clean. Move on.

Rotorhead
07-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Nope, the best thing he can do it continue to work out, play hard and win a SB then retire. This is the NFLPA's deal to work out with the league. It is not just JH being investigated, it is several players named in that BS interview, and the NFLPA needs to fight this on behalf of the players (and bar them from interviewing until it is settled). On top of that, all the players involved need to get a lawyer and sue the hell out of the terrorist network and the people involved in lying to set a precedent.

86WARD
07-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Harrison needs to lawyer up and take it to court. The league's drug policy is well-defined and Goodell can't simply do whatever he wants like he can under the player conduct policy.

He shouldn't have to, the union should step in and block this immediately.

Steeldude
07-06-2016, 08:24 AM

His g/f is a lawyer : )