PDA

View Full Version : Let's not drop the ball fellow SU posters.

zulater
06-19-2016, 11:21 AM
This wasn't solicited by the powers that be, in fact they may admonish me for this post. Chances are at the very least they'll move it. (though hopefully not for a day or two so everyone can get a chance to see it)but guys if we want to keep this site around we need to contribute! Look I'm not the most generous contributor. I only gave $25. Though the way Fan responded you would have thought I gave 100. That's how appreciative they are. Anyway in years past the target goal was always exceeded by this point in the year. But for whatever reason this year contributions have stagnated and I don't think the number's budged in 3 months. ( though I could be wrong).

I understand this is a free site, and I'm not trying to guilt anyone into anything. Me personally this is the first year I've ever contributed. But as I said before the target goal was always exceeded relatively early in the year in past years, so by the time I got around to it the need wasn't really there.

Anyway it does take money to keep this site going, and our administrators already volunteer their time, so they shouldn't also have to pony up more money than they already have. So guys let's keep this site around. If you can come off of 10-15-20 bucks and you have the time throw a little love to the site please do so.

Best to everyone and happy fathers day!

And go Steelers!

ALLD
06-19-2016, 05:46 PM
If you don't contribute the terrorists win!

GBMelBlount
06-19-2016, 07:06 PM
For just $10 you can feed an entire village of SU moderators for a month. :mod:

smokin3000gt
06-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks for putting this out there Zu. It needed to be brought up. Not only does Gary donate his time, but last year he was matching contributions towards the end of the year so we can make our goal. I appreciate him willing to do that but he really shouldn't have to. If you enjoy hanging out here and kicking discussion around then please consider a small donation. Even $5 or $10 shows the admin/mod team appreciation for the time and effort required on their end so we can all come and go as we please.

If it seems that no one cares about this place and the admin/mod team have to dig in their pockets constantly to keep the lights on then I seriously doubt the effort will continue to keep it alive. We'll all be looking for a half way decent board with familiar faces.

SteelerFanInStl
06-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the reminder. This is always something that I intend to do, but often forget. We need to make sure to keep this site going so that we all can enjoy it.

I just sent in my donation!

fansince'76
06-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who has donated, not only this year, but in the past as well. :drink:

In the interest of transparency, our website hosting costs just a hair under $500 per year and we don't host any advertising to defray costs. The TribLive radio button on the main forum page is basically a relic that has stayed there as they gave us some pub (which we paid for) when we first started the board back in 2010 - I've been meaning to remove it, but just keep forgetting about it.

We've had $650 as our annual earnings goal since 2011 when we moved to our current web host (InMotion) - thankfully, on top of being a rock solid host as far as uptime is concerned, they really haven't raised the cost since then. Outside of the ~$500 hosting costs, the rest is devoted to contest prizes throughout the year.

The admins and mods kick in money to the kitty as well. We're certainly not trying to make money off the deal - breaking even has been the general goal all along.

Just wanted to give an accounting on where the donation money actually does go. Thanks again! :drink:

smokin3000gt
06-19-2016, 10:42 PM
I sent another in as well. We're half way there folks!

Mach1
06-19-2016, 10:52 PM
Done

zulater
06-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Well that's a good start. We went from just under 1/3 of the target number to 2/3 overnight! :applaudit: I had planned on giving a little more myself, but my son's truck broke down last night and I'll probably need to help him out. I should be able to kick a little more in sometime in July though.

Anyway thanks for the response everyone. :drink:

steelreserve
06-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Given the amount of time I've spent on here, I guess at least I could change my avatar.

Mamaduck43
06-20-2016, 11:48 AM
I was feeling guilty every time I looked at the slow movement of the total, and I totally plan on donating, but it will have to wait until I figure out if actually getting to a home game might happen - - my son and his family, along with another family, are looking into traveling from Hawaii for the Jets game... My initial thought was that a train trip would be feasible, but my daughter here, has been toying with the idea of a road trip.... I have started my belt tightening and all to see if I can make this happen - - it will be a quick in and out, but I will have one day to squeeze in a visit to my uncle, and a couple of other 'must do' things - - including the "Pilgrimage" to my old stomping grounds in North Park....

I willl definitely contribute after I get back, or sooner if the trip doesn't happen...... I do appreciate what the mods do to keep the doors open and the lights turned on.... I don't post too much, but I love this place a lot......

GBMelBlount
06-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Done. Thanks to wife.

Steeldude
06-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Done. Thanks to wife.

She raised your allowance? ; )

GBMelBlount
06-20-2016, 05:18 PM
She raised your allowance? ; )

I wish.

fansince'76
06-20-2016, 07:28 PM
Wow - thanks for all the donations, folks! We're almost there! :drink:

Count Steeler
06-21-2016, 05:09 AM
Thanks Zu for making the plea. Thanks to all who have contributed. Thanks to everyone for making this an enjoyable forum to be part of.

zulater
06-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Thanks Zu for making the plea. Thanks to all who have contributed. Thanks to everyone for making this an enjoyable forum to be part of.

Amazing what a little nudge can do. Thanks for the response Steelers Universe! :drink: :applaudit:

tube517
06-21-2016, 08:07 AM
Done. Thank you Admins and Mods for keeping this site running smooth.

I forgot where the link was but I found it. :chuckle:

Rotorhead
06-22-2016, 11:06 AM
We should be there now - Donated!

fansince'76
06-22-2016, 11:34 AM
We met our yearly goal! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much again to everyone who donated! It's very much appreciated! :drink:

SteelerFanInStl
06-22-2016, 11:48 AM
We met our yearly goal! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much again to everyone who donated! It's very much appreciated! :drink:

:yay3::bananalama::clap2::rockon::tt02::alcohol:

tube517
06-22-2016, 03:54 PM
:poker::hippo::alcoholic::party:Chest Bump:plane::applaudit:

zulater
06-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Good job Steelers Universe! :applaudit:Chest Bump:hippo::cool:

- - - Updated - - -

For just $10 you can feed an entire village of SU moderators for a month. :mod:

Best post in the thread! :sofunny:

Shoes
02-18-2017, 06:32 PM
Bump this to the top. I nearly forgot, but we are almost there!

crcsnail
02-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Paid some of your funny money in . Better late than never . Thanks for keeping the site going .

salamander
02-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Just made my annual donation. :drink: