PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger’s Deep Ball Ranked Most Accurate In 2016

polamalubeast
06-18-2016, 11:10 AM

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/roethlisbergers-deep-ball-ranked-accurate-2016/

GBMelBlount
06-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Ben had the most drops too.

His deep accuracy and going long on 3rd and short a lot helps keep defenses honest too.

lipps83
06-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Yikes, he needs to improve on that. Tied for most INT's and 2nd fewest TD passes.

Count Steeler
06-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Big deal. Highest completion percentage, but not the best at the craft. Looking at those stats, Wilson, Newton and Tyrod are more "efficient". I'll take TDs and less INTs over a few points in completion percentage.

tube517
06-18-2016, 09:31 PM
Obviously, he doesn't prepare enough. :sarcasm:

polamalubeast
06-19-2016, 06:44 AM
Yikes, he needs to improve on that. Tied for most INT's and 2nd fewest TD passes.

For the TD....This can be misleading because some of his passes completed was very short for a TD.

Ben had at least 3 of his completions short for a TD against the 49ers and 2 against the raiders.

Mojouw
06-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Any sentence that has someone taking Tyrod Taylor over Roethlisberger to be the QB of anything (where the goal is to win) needs some serious re-examination.

When are people going to realize that Roethlisberger is one of the best deep ball passers in the league? Does he throw the prettiest ball? Nope. Is he better than just about everyone else at it? Yes.

fansince'76
06-19-2016, 11:07 AM
When are people going to realize that Roethlisberger is one of the best deep ball passers in the league?

After he's retired and we're stuck with another Stoudt/Malone/Brister/O'Donnell/Tomczak/Stewart....

Count Steeler
06-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Any sentence that has someone taking Tyrod Taylor over Roethlisberger to be the QB of anything (where the goal is to win) needs some serious re-examination.

When are people going to realize that Roethlisberger is one of the best deep ball passers in the league? Does he throw the prettiest ball? Nope. Is he better than just about everyone else at it? Yes.

I said Taylor was more efficient in the stats of the long ball comparison. That does not mean I would take him over Ben.

Bottom line, I'm not a stats guy. I want want a winner. However, to draw the conclusion that completion percentage is the most telling Stat is ridiculous.

This is not anti Ben., it is anti ridiculous Stat.

zulater
06-19-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't need stats, I watch the games, and Ben's deep ball last year was as good as anyone's in the game including Aaron Rodgers.

Mojouw
06-19-2016, 01:08 PM
I said Taylor was more efficient in the stats of the long ball comparison. That does not mean I would take him over Ben.

Bottom line, I'm not a stats guy. I want want a winner. However, to draw the conclusion that completion percentage is the most telling Stat is ridiculous.

This is not anti Ben., it is anti ridiculous Stat.

Fair enough. My reading of your OP was that you were discounting completion percentage and highlighting TD:INT ratio - making Taylor, Newton, and Wilson more "efficient" and "better at their craft". That meant to me that Tyrod Taylor > Roethlisberger. And then I threw up in my mouth a bit and passed out.

If that wasn't what you meant - then I retract my earlier snarky comment.

For what it is worth, here is a much more in depth analysis and a certain Steelers QB litters the leader board: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-passing-plus-minus

Count Steeler
06-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Just to be clear, there is no other QB I would want on the Steelers. We have won with Ben and I am hoping we win at least 1 more Lombardi with Ben.

Psycho Ward 86
06-19-2016, 07:36 PM
these discussions always crack me up. do people realize you can acknowledge that Ben had a poor TD:INT ratio but still acknowledge he's one of the best in the business?