PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones emerges from minicamp likely to be the Steelers' No. 2 QB

BlackAndGold
06-17-2016, 08:26 AM
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The only quarterback the Steelers drafted in the past eight years walked off the field Thursday to end the final day of his fourth minicamp seconds before a downpour, which was appropriate.

Landry Jones walked through the raindrops far too long with the Steelers without so much as getting wet behind the ears. Then came the 2015 season, when he found himself thrust from third string to second string to pulling the strings.

He never wore a Steelers uniform for a game other than in the preseason his first two years. Then he found himself in the middle of 2015 trying to keep one of the most talented offenses in the league afloat.

He did it well enough by coming off the bench to throw two touchdown passes and no interceptions in his first NFL appearance to help beat Arizona, then started two other games, with the reviews mixed.

Nevertheless, it now appears the backup job to Ben Roethlisberger is Jones’ to lose with veteran Bruce Gradkowski there to pick things up if necessary. Jones took most of the snaps as the No. 2 quarterback this spring, just as he did a year ago while Gradkowski mostly watched with a sore shoulder.

Jones now is the quarterback they likely will turn to first if something happens to Roethlisberger again. At least, that is how it appears June 17. That could change by Aug. 17 or Sept 17.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/06/17/Landry-Jones-comes-out-of-minicamp-as-likely-the-Steelers-No-2-QB/stories/201606170072

Born2Steel
06-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Doomed, I tell ya, DOOMED!

steelreserve
06-17-2016, 11:49 AM
well, that sucks.

Edman
06-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Pray for Ben's health. That is all.

GBMelBlount
06-17-2016, 03:13 PM
I like Jones and think he can be an adequate backup.

I think his biggest problem has been lack of experience and lack of confidence....and of course his tendency to suck.

ALLD
06-17-2016, 07:38 PM
That means Gradkowski has a bum shoulder.