PDA

View Full Version : Penguins' parade fuels Steelers' desire for one of their own

stillers4me
06-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Ben Roethlisberger heard the helicopters overhead, watched on television as people jammed Downtown for a parade to celebrate the Penguins’ Stanley Cup, and it played with his emotions.

“I’m super excited for them, for the city, for Mario and all that,” Roethlisberger said as the parade proceeded across the Monongahela River from the Steelers practice facility on the South Side. “It’s funny how fast time goes because it doesn’t seem like it was that long ago, but, when you think about it, it was.”

The Steelers paraded through Downtown after winning Super Bowl XLIII seven years ago. It was the second such parade for them in three years to celebrate winning a Lombardi Trophy.

Watching the Penguins’ parade Wednesday stoked the desire of Roethlisberger and his teammates to have another one of their own.
Said Roethlisberger, “You’re like, man, it makes me want to get there, too, makes me want to go down and find out how many people were there, to say we have to get there and have more people come. More like that, not jealousy. I’m real happy for them, obviously.”

No Steelers could attend the Penguins parade because they were in the middle of their minicamp that comes to a conclusion Thursday. Many of them watched on TV screens as they ate lunch.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/06/15/Penguins-Stanley-Cup-parade-fuels-Steelers-desire-for-one-of-their-own-in-Pittsburgh/stories/201606150134?utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1466016170