PDA

View Full Version : NFL makes rule changes that would have affected Bengals vs Steelers playoff game

polamalubeast
06-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Your near-weekly 'Bengals were screwed in Wild Card game' headline.

The Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers made a lot of headlines from their 2016 Wild Card matchup.

Between Vontaze Burfict's suspension-inducing hit on Antonio Brown, Ryan Shazier knocking out Giovani Bernard, multiple blown calls by referees, Steelers assistant Joey Porter illegally being on the field, and that dreaded last-minute personal foul barrage that ultimately buried the Bengals, that was a day the Bengals would probably rather forget.

Six months later, the game continues to be brought up as the NFL is making rule changes linked to that fateful day, even when we all would rather move past it and look forward to the 2016 season. At least with the changes the NFL is making, we hopefully will never see a debacle like that game ever happen again.

So to recap:

1. Martavis Bryant's touchdown catch should not have counted.

2. Shazier's hit on Bernard should have been a 15-yard penalty putting the Bengals in the red zone vs instead being a fumble recovery for Pittsburgh. (This rule has been clarified over the offseason, too.)

3. Porter should have been flagged for being on the field and, at worst, led to offsetting penalties, but instead, Adam Jones was flagged for pushing him.

4. NFL referees have become the equivalent of WWE refs.

5. Is Week 1 here yet?

6. Is Week 1 here yet?

In all seriousness, can we just move past this now?

read more

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/9/11895576/nfl-rule-changes-affected-bengals-vs-steelers

Steeldude
06-12-2016, 07:41 PM
3. Porter should have been flagged for being on the field and, at worst, led to offsetting penalties, but instead, Adam Jones was flagged for pushing him.

Comparing assault to walking out on the field during an injury timeout.

The writer doesn't mention Burficts deliberate knee to BR's shoulder. Also, Burfict shouldn't have been playing at all due to his past illegal antics throughout the season.

SteelerFanInStl
06-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Lol, what a joke. There's so much wrong in just what you wrote here. I can only imagine how bad the whole article is.

Edman
06-13-2016, 02:11 PM
No mention of Domata Peko stepping on the field to shove someone when he shouldn't have?

Or Vontaze Burfict deliberately kneeing Roethlisberger in the shoulder? On top of all the other bullshit he got away with like twisting Cam Newton's ankle?

Or how Marvin Lewis is incompetent has no business being an NFL head coach if he can't keep his players in check?

Since I'm a firm believer in "No such thing as trolling" I'm just going to assume this guy is an idiot. Like all Cincitucky fans.

pczach
06-14-2016, 02:27 PM
What a surprise. Bengals fans only want things corrected that help their own team, not everything in the game correctly called.

Wow....I never saw that one coming. :violin: