PDA

View Full Version : Worst Of The Worst: Top Five Terrible Decisions In Steelers’ History

polamalubeast
06-06-2016, 10:23 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/worst-worst-top-five-terrible-decisions-steelers-history/

steelreserve
06-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Especially if you believe the reason Dan Rooney gives. He says, again, in his book, that former Steelers’ beat writer turned ESPN reporter John Clayton suggested to Rooney the team should take Marino. Rooney passed the info along to the front office but let the conversation with Clayton slip.

“Instead of saying I thought it up myself, I truthfully told them it was John Clayton’s idea. With that they threw up their hands, ‘Clatyon? You gotta be kidding!’ And that was the end of that.”

Of course it was the right move. Those damn know-it-all outsiders never have a good idea, so of course the front office knows best. Thank god none of them are actually running the football team. Marino would have sucked!

Craic
06-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Of course it was the right move. Those damn know-it-all outsiders never have a good idea, so of course the front office knows best. Thank god none of them are actually running the football team. Marino would have sucked!

Even a broken clock's right twice a day. That doesn't mean I want it as my way of telling time.