PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin Has Lofty Rushing Goal Set For Steelers Offensive Line In 2016

polamalubeast
06-05-2016, 01:01 PM
With Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey now back healthy again after missing the entire 2015 season with a broken fibula, the team might very well have the best offensive line currently in the league. Because of that, head coach Mike Tomlin certainly has some lofty goals for the 2016 season when it comes to that unit and especially when it comes to the running the football.

“Coach Tomlin has been yelling since day-one, he wants 5.0 yards a rush,” said Steelers guard Ramon Foster during a Friday interview on NFL No Huddle. “That’s a tall task to carry but it’s something to shoot for, something we’re going to take pride in and especially with the backs that we have with Le’Veon [Bell] and DeAngelo [Williams] in the backfield.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/mike-tomlin-lofty-rushing-goal-set-steelers-offensive-line-2016/

tube517
06-05-2016, 01:30 PM
But I thought there weren't rushing titles when you walk in the Steelers offices, they are Lombardi Trophies? :noidea::peep::poker::hippo::whistle::stirthepot:: chuckle:

fansince'76
06-05-2016, 01:32 PM
But I thought there weren't rushing titles when you walk in the Steelers offices, they are Lombardi Trophies? :noidea::peep::poker::hippo::whistle::stirthepot:: chuckle:

Cool Shades needs to stop talking smack! :bond:

:chuckle:

steelerdude15
06-05-2016, 05:29 PM
I just hope everyone can stay healthy this year.

Count Steeler
06-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Nothing wrong with setting goals, and if everyone stays healthy, Bell/Williams should be able to achieve that.

polamalubeast
06-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Nothing wrong with setting goals, and if everyone stays healthy, Bell/Williams should be able to achieve that.

This is possible that Bell and Williams has 5 yards per run, but as a team, this is unlikely because of the knee down by Ben at the end of a half or at the Victory formation.

In 2014, Bell had 4.7 yards per carry, but as team the Steelers had 4.1 and last year, Williams had 4.5 and 4.9 for Bell but as a team, the Steelers had 4.4.

hawaiiansteeler
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM

Tomlin is merely playing poker games, we're obviously going to pass on every single play this season...:cool::hippo::poker:

GBMelBlount
06-05-2016, 08:03 PM
This may be one of the most talented offensive 11 ever.

If our offense is healthy and our defense just plays as well as last year there is no reason we shouldn't be 12-4 or better.

Don't be surprised if both the Bengals and Ravens are out to hurt us this year.

LloydWoodson
06-06-2016, 10:33 AM
With sll thebrunning the Steelers do if they get 5 yoc that will equal out to 35 ypg!!! Outstanding!

Born2Steel
06-06-2016, 12:04 PM

That remark was in response to Willie Parker complaining to the media about not getting the ball enough. Tomlin's statement is very true and Parker saw the field even less as a result. And the Steelers still succeeded.
With today's team, his response should be a humble, "I'll feed the run game more". And let Bell and Williams loose.

tube517
06-06-2016, 01:28 PM
That remark was in response to Willie Parker complaining to the media about not getting the ball enough. Tomlin's statement is very true and Parker saw the field even less as a result. And the Steelers still succeeded.
With today's team, his response should be a humble, "I'll feed the run game more". And let Bell and Williams loose.

It was a joke and I'm well aware of the context of Tomlin's reply to FWP. Notice the smilies. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
06-06-2016, 05:58 PM
This may be one of the most talented offensive 11 ever.

If our offense is healthy and our defense just plays as well as last year there is no reason we shouldn't be 12-4 or better.

Don't be surprised if both the Bengals and Ravens are out to hurt us this year.

I would like to see the Steelers have a bye in the playoffs.Be healthy at the right time is very important too.I mean, Brown has missed only one game since 2013 and this was a playoff game.Bell has missed only one game in 2014 and it was a playoff game.I can live with injuries in regular season, but not in the playoffs.

Also,the defense worried me a bit.They were better than in 2014, but the pass defense is not very good right now.Yes the defense played better than expected last year, but the expectations were so low for this unit that after the pre-season game against the Bills, we thought that this would be the worst defense in Steelers history!

GBMelBlount
06-07-2016, 06:02 AM
I would like to see the Steelers have a bye in the playoffs.Be healthy at the right time is very important too.I mean, Brown has missed only one game since 2013 and this was a playoff game.Bell has missed only one game in 2014 and it was a playoff game.I can live with injuries in regular season, but not in the playoffs.

Also,the defense worried me a bit.They were better than in 2014, but the pass defense is not very good right now.Yes the defense played better than expected last year, but the expectations were so low for this unit that after the pre-season game against the Bills, we thought that this would be the worst defense in Steelers history!

This season may come down to 2 things.

Injuries and the secondary.

If Ben, brown and Bell are healthy we are halfway ther imo.

Otherwise, with the defensive schemes being simplified it is just a matter of how quickly our new players catch on.

Fingers crossed.