PDA

View Full Version : Carnell Lake Confirms Steelers Were Targeting William Jackson

hawaiiansteeler
06-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Carnell Lake Confirms Steelers Were Targeting William Jackson

BY ALEX KOZORA JUNE 4, 2016

Going to be honest with you guys. I didn’t expect this much news to come out on a Saturday. But hey, I’m not complaining.

If you’ve been following the site over the last several hours, you know our friend Craig Scott has been dropping knowledge-bombs from the Steelers Men’s Fantasy Camp. Specifically, the discussions that have taken place with DBs coach Carnell Lake.

In a Q&A session, Lake confirmed the Steelers would’ve taken cornerback William Jackson III had he been available. The Cincinnati Bengals took him one pick ahead.

I followed up with Scott in a direct message though he says Lake didn’t have much more to offer.

“He basically just said yeah, we wanted WJIII but Cincy sacked him from us, then took another [question],” he tells me.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/carnell-lake-confirms-steelers-targeting-william-jackson/

86WARD
06-05-2016, 06:12 AM
Not really breaking news is it?

ALLD
06-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Doesn't mean Jackson will turn out better in Cincy either. They didn't even need a DB which goes to show how much we are in their head.

GBMelBlount
06-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Doesn't mean Jackson will turn out better in Cincy either. They didn't even need a DB which goes to show how much we are in their head.

Against us they do.

Edman
06-05-2016, 10:53 AM
You know who else the Steelers were targeting?

Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, and Jalen Ramsey.

Everyone knew CB was a need for Pittsburgh going into this offseason, and luckily there was a deep draft for Corners this year.

That said, Mr. Lake may have just put himself on the hot seat with that little comment. He flat out contradicted Tomlin and Colbert and undermined everyone in that draft board room.

Secondary better perform this year or he needs to be gone.

GBMelBlount
06-05-2016, 11:32 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bd/2c/54/bd2c5481784b70c8a78cbe635c740f8d.jpg

st33lersguy
06-05-2016, 11:48 AM
I don't trust Cincy with drafting CBs in round 1 anyway, they don't have a good track record the last few years of this anyway (I know Pittsburgh hasn't had a good track record recently either but that was with mid-round picks). Cincy drafted Dre Kirkpatrick in round 1 who isn't worth his draft position and Darquez Dennard (I know they were right I was wrong on him) hasn't even seen the field on defense. They missed out on one of the top 4 wide receivers due to bad luck and instead of going after a DT which was a bigger need, they decided to grab a CB just to try and stick it to Pittsburgh, lol.