PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Arians loves the pressure

Galax Steeler
09-10-2010, 03:39 AM
There are a lot of ways the Steelers can beat the Atlanta Falcons Sunday. Dennis Dixon could play lights out. Rashard Mendenhall could run for 150 yards and three touchdowns. The defense could pitch a shutout. Troy Polamalu could return an interception for a score. But there's only one way the Steelers can lose. Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians screws things up by calling a rotten game.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10253/1086440-87.stm#ixzz0z78Ba0KH

stlrtruck
09-10-2010, 08:48 AM
First, didn't know that Arians had prostate cancer, so I pray he is getting better.

Second, I appreciate his focus on the game and not the heckling.

Third, I hope he has seen a different light and he calls better games than he did last year. It just seemed that there were some plays like the call didn't match the position on the field. Maybe that was Ben audibling out of the called play, or maybe it was Bruce calling in wacky plays. But I want to see a lot better redzone efficiency and play calling in general. But what it really comes down to is not the play calling but the player execution of the called plays.

As much as I like to harp on Arians, as with any coach - he doesn't play the game!

tube517
09-10-2010, 09:27 AM
That was a big problem, even in the Super Bowl year.

First, didn't know that Arians had prostate cancer, so I pray he is getting better.

Second, I appreciate his focus on the game and not the heckling.

Third, I hope he has seen a different light and he calls better games than he did last year. It just seemed that there were some plays like the call didn't match the position on the field. Maybe that was Ben audibling out of the called play, or maybe it was Bruce calling in wacky plays. But I want to see a lot better redzone efficiency and play calling in general. But what it really comes down to is not the play calling but the player execution of the called plays.

As much as I like to harp on Arians, as with any coach - he doesn't play the game!

SteelGhost
09-10-2010, 09:37 AM
I hope he recovers from the prostate cancer AND from the situational play calling in '09 :thumbsup:

ALLD
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Hopefully he does call a good game by mixing up the plays otherwise the rumors will become facts.

GoSlash27
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
My crystal ball tells me we're going to be a lot more effective in the red zone this year. We've got nukes.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0EShxbTHdIo/Som5iijl8kI/AAAAAAAABao/S2dXnRLbTco/s400/09_Ari_Redman1.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I hope he recovers from the prostate cancer AND from the situational play calling in '09 :thumbsup:

I thought he had his prostate out and was in the clear. The article doesnt say anything about a reocurrance from what I can see does it?? Remember fellas, get your lycopene from tomato sauce, watermelon and have a PSA blood test done.

As for the gameplan, expect the same kind of empty sets with Dixon scrambling for 1st downs when the 3rd down back isnt open.

Devilsdancefloor
09-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I thought he had his prostate out and was in the clear. The article doesnt say anything about a reocurrance from what I can see does it?? Remember fellas, get your lycopene from tomato sauce, watermelon and have a PSA blood test done.

As for the gameplan, expect the same kind of empty sets with Dixon scrambling for 1st downs when the 3rd down back isnt open.

I just do not wanna see that delayed draw for -2 yards everytime we run it. I hope i dont see a empty set at all sunday i wanna see pony backfield!!!!!!!

Chidi29
09-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I just do not wanna see that delayed draw for -2 yards everytime we run it. I hope i dont see a empty set at all sunday i wanna see pony backfield!!!!!!!

Don't expect much of it unless Franco and Rockey decide to suit up. It's really not an effective set anyway since you're losing a blocker.

Devilsdancefloor
09-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Don't expect much of it unless Franco and Rockey decide to suit up. It's really not an effective set anyway since you're losing a blocker.

aww man can a guy dream a little....:Cry: at least a i formation or offset I? Is that asking to much?

Chidi29
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
aww man can a guy dream a little....:Cry: at least a i formation or offset I? Is that asking to much?

Ran a good amount of strong I with Johnson the second half of the season.