PDA

View Full Version : Steelers players pick Ravens over Bengals as their top rival

polamalubeast
06-02-2016, 03:26 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers won't give the Cincinnati Bengals the satisfaction of coming in first place in anything.

The on-field theatrics of last season were not enough for Cincinnati to usurp the Baltimore Ravens as the Steelers' top rival, two starting players said at organized team activities this week.

It's very close, though.

"I can't call it -- if I had to pick, Ravens," Steelers wide receiver Markus Wheaton said. "They got us last year. You want to get the win. That's more important [than the theatrics]."

Steelers-Bengals had a little bit of everything last year, from pregame shoving matches to knee-snapping tackles (literally).

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was the primary tackler on plays that injured the Steelers' top three offensive players: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder), wide receiver Antonio Brown (concussion) and running back Le'Veon Bell (knee, torn MCL).

Steelers safety Mike Mitchell and linebacker Ryan Shazier dealt aggressive upper-body hits that angered the Bengals.

Steelers assistants Mike Munchak and Joey Porter got hit with $10,000 fines for scuffling with Bengals players.

read more

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15904799/pittsburgh-steelers-players-say-baltimore-ravens-their-top-rival-not-cincinnati-bengals

Steelermania
06-02-2016, 07:43 PM
The Bungals are a rival. The Rats are the rival!

smokin3000gt
06-02-2016, 07:55 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers won't give the Cincinnati Bengals the satisfaction of coming in first place in anything.

:chuckle:

86WARD
06-03-2016, 05:51 AM
The Bungals are a rival. The Rats are the rival!

This. The way Bengals fans/players feel here is very much how Eagles fans feel towards the Cowboys...they think it's the big rival,when in actuality the Redskins are the Cowboys big rival and in this case, it's the Ravens. I'd also go so far as to say that the Browns (definitely over the history of the AFC North) are more of a rival than the Bengals.

Edman
06-03-2016, 10:48 PM
The Ravens have beaten us in the postseason, and beat us twice last year. Dues must be paid against that team, but they are good. They have the postseason pedigree and the rings to show it, plus, they're the old Cleveland Browns.

The Bengals are nothing more than an illusion. It's stupid to consider a team that hasn't won a playoff game since Bush I to be your biggest rival. The Bengals are just a cheap shot team, but they're not tough like the Ravens. Steelers routinely go into Cincinnati and not only win, but shit all over them while doing it. The Steelers were this close to sweeping these bums three games in a row last year.

I go into Ravens games not knowing what to expect.

I go into Bengals games fully confident.

That's not a rivalry in any way shape or form. The Ravens without question, have become our big brother, and redemption must be served.

st33lersguy
06-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Ravens-Steelers is a fierce rivalry and has been for years now. Not to mention they currently have the upper hand on us. As for the Bungals, the Steelers have owned them throughout their history,