PDA

View Full Version : Worst Of The Worst: Top Five Miserable Passing Performances In Steelers’ History

polamalubeast
05-24-2016, 10:00 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/05/worst-worst-top-five-miserable-passing-performances-steelers-history/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

fansince'76
05-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Personally, I'd replace Bradshaw's 1979 performance against San Diego with the absolute suckfest Turnover Tommy put up against Jacksonville in 2005 (11/28, 154 yds, 1 TD/3 INT, including a pick-six to lose in OT) on that list.

tube517
05-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Vick's games last year were awful. One good pass vs the Bolts and that's it.

Edman
05-24-2016, 11:40 AM
One for the modern folks.

2006 Ben Roethlisberger vs the Oakland Raiders.

25-37 301 Yards 1 TD 4 INTs. Against one of the worst teams in the league.

Two Pick Sixes. An 100 Yard Pick Six by Chris Carr, and evidence why Bill Cowher took fifteen years to win a Super Bowl, and is currently unemployed.

After playing Ben after an appendectomy which ended with a disaster against Jacksonville, Cowher Power makes another brilliant decision of playing a concussed Roethlisberger, and this is what we got. Cowher was just not good with quarterbacks.

Though a concussed Ben Roethlisberger still managed to be better than a not-concussed Kordell Stewart.

polamalubeast
05-24-2016, 11:42 AM
2006 Ben Roethlisberger vs the Oakland Raiders.

25-37 301 Yards 1 TD 4 INTs. Against one of the worst secondaries in the league.

Two Pick Sixes. An 100 Yard Pick Six by Chris Carr, and evidence why Bill Cowher is currently unemployed.

After getting his clock cleaned the previous week, Cowher plays Ben the following week.

Probably the worst game of his career.Roethlisberger lost this game by himself.The Raiders had only 98 offensive yards in this game.

slippy
05-24-2016, 01:35 PM
that game in 98 or 99 in tampa where kordell threw a few picks, was pulled, cried on the sidelines. then tomszak goes in and promptly throws a pick.

Edman
05-24-2016, 04:22 PM
that game in 98 or 99 in tampa where kordell threw a few picks, was pulled, cried on the sidelines. then tomszak goes in and promptly throws a pick.

Korkie was 9-21 for 88 yards No Touchdowns, and three picks. Cried like a bitch on the sidelines. Steelers lost 16-3.

I remember this game vividly because it was the first season I ever watched the Steelers. Goddamn was that offense horrid. Bettis was the Steelers only reliable means of Offense.

We take this current team for granted. For sure, and we won't know what we'll have until Ben is gone.

Steeldude
05-24-2016, 05:46 PM
I remember watching the San Diego game.

tube517
05-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Personally, I'd replace Bradshaw's 1979 performance against San Diego with the absolute suckfest Turnover Tommy put up against Jacksonville in 2005 (11/28, 154 yds, 1 TD/3 INT, including a pick-six to lose in OT) on that list.

That Jax game just ate away at me for weeks.

Fortunately, for both of those teams, they won it all in their respective years.

pczach
05-24-2016, 06:32 PM
So many horrid performances to choose from.......

MrPgh
05-24-2016, 06:55 PM
All of these poor performances would have been avoided if they just used a fullback more!

hawaiiansteeler
05-24-2016, 07:07 PM
All of these poor performances would have been avoided if they just used a fullback more!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9c/9c582ec55e72cc95c2fb8f06490679f9c14383ec4ace712369 12e53621460f79.jpg

zulater
05-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Tommy Maddox losing to the expansion Texans in 02 has to be somewhere on that list. The Texans produced less than 100 yards on offense and scored strictly on Maddox turnovers. :doh:

polamalubeast
05-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Tommy Maddox losing to the expansion Texans in 02 has to be somewhere on that list. The Texans produced less than 100 yards on offense and scored strictly on Maddox turnovers. :doh:

In fact,it was 47 offensive yards and only 3 first down for the Texans in this game!

fansince'76
05-24-2016, 08:53 PM
That Jax game just ate away at me for weeks.

I was seething since we practically had it won when Turnover Tommy singlehandedly effed it up, first by fumbling the ball away when we were in FG range in OT, and then turning around and throwing a pick-six on our next possession to lose it. :doh:

The '79 game against San Diego was just a lousy game by the entire team from start to finish. I remember that one too.

teegre
05-24-2016, 09:52 PM

This is the EXACT game that popped into my head.

teegre
05-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Oh... SuperBowl XXX has to be #1 on this list.

If fact, it's probably #1, #2, and #3.

pczach
05-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Oh... SuperBowl XXX has to be #1 on this list.

If fact, it's probably #1, #2, and #3.

Obviously!!!!!

Mojouw
05-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Most of the games that Batch started. What about that one Dixon had against the Ravens? Almost any game when Roethlisberger comes back from a concussion too early (so every time).

Most things involving Bubby Brister. All things involving Jim Miller. The Steelers portion of Kent Graham's career. Everything after Maddox got spooked by getting crushed.

Bottom line - Between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, O'Donnell was the light in the darkness. Let that marinate and sink in for a moment. I missed most of Mark Malone's career, so maybe I am not giving him enough credit, but most Steelers fans I know do not speak of him with praise.

Colbert's biggest test as a GM will be handling the post Roethlisberger reboot.

zulater
05-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Most of the games that Batch started. What about that one Dixon had against the Ravens? Almost any game when Roethlisberger comes back from a concussion too early (so every time).

Most things involving Bubby Brister. All things involving Jim Miller. The Steelers portion of Kent Graham's career. Everything after Maddox got spooked by getting crushed.

Bottom line - Between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, O'Donnell was the light in the darkness. Let that marinate and sink in for a moment. I missed most of Mark Malone's career, so maybe I am not giving him enough credit, but most Steelers fans I know do not speak of him with praise.

Colbert's biggest test as a GM will be handling the post Roethlisberger reboot.

What was your issue with Batch? Sure he wasn't pretty but they usually won when he started.

st33lersguy
05-25-2016, 10:16 PM
What was your issue with Batch? Sure he wasn't pretty but they usually won when he started.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Really do not remember any performance of his that was putrid

hawaiiansteeler
05-25-2016, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I didn't get that either. Really do not remember any performance of his that was putrid

the worst game I ever saw Batch play was in a 20-14 loss to the Browns in Nov 2012 when he threw 3 ints and had a QB rating of 16.1.

add in 5 more fumbles by Mendenhall, Rainey, Sanders, Redman and Dwyer and it was just a really ugly game to have to suffer through as a Steelers' fan...

teegre
05-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Speaking of bad performances...

Remember when Kris Brown missed FOUR field goals against the Ravens?... the final of which would have won the game.

My brother is very calm & collected during games, but after that final (game-losing) miss, he screamed "FUCK!!!" and walked out of my parents' house (and drove home).

Mojouw
05-26-2016, 02:11 PM

For the first 3 seasons or so in Pittsburgh, he was arguably one of the better back-ups in the league. But he played a few seasons after that where his arm was gone, his mobility was shot, and he simply turned around and handed off to the RB. When he was asked to pass it was all short stuff and there were many interceptions.

I never thought Batch was as good as his rep say after about 06 or 07. I don't really see much difference between later career Batch and current Landry Jones.

fansince'76
05-26-2016, 03:16 PM

Agreed. I wish we still had a guy like Batch backing Ben up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvro8imVF40

st33lersguy
05-26-2016, 07:49 PM
the worst game I ever saw Batch play was in a 20-14 loss to the Browns in Nov 2012 when he threw 3 ints and had a QB rating of 16.1.

add in 5 more fumbles by Mendenhall, Rainey, Sanders, Redman and Dwyer and it was just a really ugly game to have to suffer through as a Steelers' fan...

That really was the only stinker that stood out, and I remember that more for the fact that every RB that took a handoff fumbled. The entire offense simply had a butt ugly performance

tube517
05-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Batch lit up the Dolphins in the 06 opener after Ben had the accident and then the appendectomy so he couldn't go in the opener.

Heath had a nice TD in that game.

That game and the Ravens game were his 2 best, IIRC.