PDA

View Full Version : All These High Level Draft Bust HURT !

katmandu
05-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Obviously. :uhoh:

Now just imagine for a moment if you will....

Just imagine if Mike Adams, Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas have actually played up to the level of expectation given to them when they were Drafted !

Just imagine how much better this team would be right now !

polamalubeast
05-05-2016, 10:13 AM
It's almost impossible to always drafted good players even in the early round.

Of course, the Steelers are not perfect, but at least they have not released their first round pick of 2014 as the Patriots have done lately!

NCSteeler
05-05-2016, 10:20 AM
It's really really hard to look at the list of players drafted after these guys. Adams was supposed to be a good deal in the 2nd solong as his off field was good and it was, but he never lived up to it.

You know like

Ladarius Green, Brandon Boykin

Oh and that guy Josh Norman

Actually now that I study 2012, that draft was crap for everyone outside the 1st round

steelreserve
05-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Well, you're not going to hit every time, but looking back, we have had quite a few second-round picks that didn't pan out. We kind of made up for it along the OL by having a seventh-round guy and two undrafted players turn into productive starters over the past few years, though.

What really gets under my skin are all the pass rusher whiffs. When James Harrison is still your best OLB in 2016, you know you've got a problem. Yes, I'm aware that Dupree is not a "bust" but a question mark. Whoopty-fuckin' doo, excuse me while I organize a parade.

zulater
05-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Every team has high round busts. It's the nature of speculating the performance of college level players to the pro game. The only aggravating thing about Adams is that he reportedly had been taken off the Steelers board, but asked and was granted a personal interview with coach Tomlin. Tomlin fell for the young man's line, and the rest as they say is history. As is Adams. Finally!

Dwinsgames
05-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Every team has high round busts. It's the nature of speculating the performance of college level players to the pro game. The only aggravating thing about Adams is that he reportedly had been taken off the Steelers board, but asked and was granted a personal interview with coach Tomlin. Tomlin fell for the young man's line, and the rest as they say is history. As is Adams. Finally!

I may be completely wrong and off base for this comment but will say it anyways .

Adams was highly thought of entering the draft process by many and for good reason , but I do not believe ( this is where I could be wrong ) he ever really took the NFL seriously , I have no proof other than he failed to get better , was never spoken of as guy who lived in the film or weight room , played soft and was pushed around even with some of the best coaching money could buy ..

its like he signed his contract and said Ok I made it I just got paid now I can quit working on my craft and it happens to lots of guys and years later they realize the grind never ends for those who aspire greatness but careers surely end soon for those who don't ..

maybe its a wake up call for him , or maybe he fades away as a bad memory .

such is life in the NFL ( Not For Long )

zulater
05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I may be completely wrong and off base for this comment but will say it anyways .

Adams was highly thought of entering the draft process by many and for good reason , but I do not believe ( this is where I could be wrong ) he ever really took the NFL seriously , I have no proof other than he failed to get better , was never spoken of as guy who lived in the film or weight room , played soft and was pushed around even with some of the best coaching money could buy ..

its like he signed his contract and said Ok I made it I just got paid now I can quit working on my craft and it happens to lots of guys and years later they realize the grind never ends for those who aspire greatness but careers surely end soon for those who don't ..

maybe its a wake up call for him , or maybe he fades away as a bad memory .

such is life in the NFL ( Not For Long )

I think you're probably right. Some guys can be in it for the check and still be good players. But most wont rise to the level needed unless their heart is in the game. Adams strikes me as a guy in it for the money who's ability wasn't good enough to compensate for his lack of desire.