PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown, Steelers special teams coach never wanted Jacoby Jones returning punts

polamalubeast
05-04-2016, 11:34 AM
PITTSBURGH -- Antonio Brown wasn't pleased. He walked into Danny Smith's office and told him so.

It was after a November 2015 meeting in which the Steelers had decided to replace Brown with the newly signed Jacoby Jones on punt returns.

"After that meeting AB came to my office very distinctly and said 'Danny, I don't like it,'" Smith, Pittsburgh's special teams coordinator, said.

"My honest comment to him was 'AB, I don't like it either but that's what we're going to do.'"

read more

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/05/antonio_steelers_jacoby_punts.html

steelreserve
05-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Well, they both sure got THAT right!

Psycho Ward 86
05-04-2016, 12:02 PM
interventionist Tomlin strikes again

hawaiiansteeler
05-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Well, they both sure got THAT right!

Q. What do Antonio Brown, Danny Smith and all Steelers Universe posters have in common?

A. None of us wanted to see Jacoby Jones returning punts

Kittyfish
05-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I always said, the way Jacoby returned punts, you'd think he was still playing for the Ravens. He was simply horrible.

GBMelBlount
05-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Tomlin is very fortunate to have had his entire head coaching career with Ben and a stable organization like the Steelers.

I wonder how he would have done with an average QB & Team.

fansince'76
05-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Q. What do Antonio Brown, Danny Smith and all Steelers Universe posters have in common?

Not really - all I remember is relief around these parts when Jones was signed because it meant the end of Super Runt (Archer).

Craic
05-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Not really - all I remember is relief around these parts when Jones was signed because it meant the end of Super Runt (Archer).

I seem to remember it that way as well.

hawaiiansteeler
05-05-2016, 09:58 PM

very true, you make a great point.

I should have said as soon as we saw Jacoby Jones return his first punt it was obvious to everyone that he had lost a step and a half.

obvious to everyone except Mike Tomlin, obviously...

tube517
05-06-2016, 09:19 AM
very true, you make a great point.

I should have said as soon as we saw Jacoby Jones return his first punt it was obvious to everyone that he had lost a step and a half.

obvious to everyone except Mike Tomlin, obviously...

I thought Tomlin "sidestepped" any questions about that matter as soon as Jacoby Raven entered the Steelers facility??? :chuckle:

ALLD
05-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Tomlin has been looking for the next Desmond Howard since he came to the Steelers. With all the firepower we have on offense and the odds of finding that one-in-a-million, why would he put our feeble STs at any further risk?

teegre
05-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Tomlin has been looking for the next Desmond Howard since he came to the Steelers. With all the firepower we have on offense and the odds of finding that one-in-a-million, why would he put our feeble STs at any further risk?

I'd say that it's more Colbert.

Colbert was absolutely going to draft Devin Hester... and then, he got stolen away. Willie Reid was plan B, but he sucked. Stefan Logan was decent. Chris Rainey sucked. Dri Archer sucked.

Simply, Colbert has been trying to "quench that thirst" for over a decade.

86WARD
05-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Not true. I wanted him over Archer and I'll stand by that...lol.

LloydWoodson
05-18-2016, 08:51 AM
AB is a great returner. I'd just keep him
back there. He's really good at fair catching at the right time and doesn't fumble or muff punts.

Steelers shouldn't overthink it. My only worry would be a Bengals or Ravens player teeing off on him during a fair catch.

Most kick returns are touchbacks now anyways so no big deal.

Looking to replace one of the best punt returners in the NFL is just making a problem.