PDA

View Full Version : Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins

stillers4me
05-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.

For the moment, there is only the next game, the next shot. That's all that concerns the Pittsburgh Penguins rookie goaltender. Not the ripple effects his playoff run will have on his career, the franchise he plays for or the long-term future of Marc-Andre Fleury, whose guidance is one of the reasons Murray has become so good, so fast.

"I want to win," Murray said. "On a personal level, I think it really doesn't matter. Everything else is noise to me."

And just like everything else thrown at Murray these days, he's blocking it out........

read more @ http://bigstory.ap.org/article/eeadec94a81741ebaa45cb8bd4659130/rookie-goaltender-murray-stealing-show-penguins

salamander
05-03-2016, 06:37 PM
I have season tickets for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and I had the privilege of seeing Murray re-write the AHL record books in person last year. I'm thrilled to see him kicking ass in the NHL so far. :thumbsup:

tube517
05-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Again, my hockey knowledge is worthless but I'm impressed w/Murray.

SteelMember
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Murray has been exceptional. No way I even consider taking him out until he shows he's "off" one night... if that even happens. Even Captain caveman had a few words to mumble in his ear after he froze the puck last night... who's in who's head?

:penguins: