PDA

View Full Version : 4th round pick: Jerald Hawkins OT

polamalubeast
04-30-2016, 12:24 PM

steelerkitty
04-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Bottom Line
Hawkins is a tough evaluation because the length and footwork in pass protection are promising, but issues with bend and body control may be difficult to correct. Hawkins has talent, but his ceiling might be tied directly to whether a team allows him to sit while an offensive line coach works to correct the technical flaws that limit his effectiveness. Hawkins best spot may be right tackle.

hawaiiansteeler
04-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Bottom Line
Hawkins is a tough evaluation because the length and footwork in pass protection are promising, but issues with bend and body control may be difficult to correct. Hawkins has talent, but his ceiling might be tied directly to whether a team allows him to sit while an offensive line coach works to correct the technical flaws that limit his effectiveness. Hawkins best spot may be right tackle.

I would say if any coach has that ability it would be Munchak...

BlackAndGold
04-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Munchak said he thinks he can play both left and right tackle. Said that, Hawkins is more comfortable on the left side.

#TrustInMunchak

Steelerette
04-30-2016, 12:34 PM
I'm fine with this pick. The type of offense LSU runs, he's ready to start contributing. Gives us emergency depth across the line while Munchak grooms him. Not a sexy pick but they're stocking up the trenches.

fansince'76
04-30-2016, 12:35 PM
I would say if any coach has that ability it would be Munchak...

Marcus Gilbert kinda proves it.

teegre
04-30-2016, 12:35 PM
Munchak wanted him.

Ergo, based solely on that, it's a good pick. :nod:

st33lersguy
04-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Bottom Line

Sounds like he entered the right situation. They don't need him to start this year and Munchak is definitely capable of helping this kid

Count Steeler
04-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Any chance Munchak knows anything about the secondary?

Devilsdancefloor
04-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Any chance Munchak knows anything about the secondary?

im hoping he made those picks too ha ha

katmandu
04-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Ok, OL shelf is all stocked up. Now how about some LBs !

Psycho Ward 86
04-30-2016, 02:15 PM
i know nothing about the kid but we have the best O-line coach in the league so any O-line pick could turn out to be awesome. I'll take it. Guess this means bye bye to Mike Adams? No way do we keep 5 tackles....I was kind of hoping Munchak could continue coaching him up since we basically get him for near nothing for another year

Psycho Ward 86
04-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Gotta keep in mind this guy played well against some SEC teams and helped pave the way for Leonard Fournette...who many think is even a better RB prospect than Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliot

ALLD
04-30-2016, 02:45 PM
Must defer to Munchak. Give that coach whatever he asks for including salary as long as I am not writing the checks.

j-d-s
04-30-2016, 03:28 PM
i know nothing about the kid but we have the best O-line coach in the league so any O-line pick could turn out to be awesome. I'll take it. Guess this means bye bye to Mike Adams? No way do we keep 5 tackles....I was kind of hoping Munchak could continue coaching him up since we basically get him for near nothing for another year

From what I've heard Adams' rookie contract is still valid for 2016 since he's missed the entire 2015 season, seems to be a stipulation of the CBA. I say for his rookie contract salary we keep him in 2016 and then look whether we try to keep him or not.

Psycho Ward 86
04-30-2016, 03:46 PM
- - - Updated - - -

From what I've heard Adams' rookie contract is still valid for 2016 since he's missed the entire 2015 season, seems to be a stipulation of the CBA. I say for his rookie contract salary we keep him in 2016 and then look whether we try to keep him or not.

who goes in that situation? We have Villanueva and Gilbert as incumbent starters. Hawkins and Harris as back ups. Adams...?

hawaiiansteeler
04-30-2016, 04:00 PM
who goes in that situation?

Adams...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFDXYdF2g4

ALLD
04-30-2016, 06:20 PM
Trade Adams for a few buckets of reflective yellow paint to touch up the parking lot.