PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos are on the clock...

hawaiiansteeler
04-26-2016, 12:58 AM
The Broncos are on the clock...

Over at Steelers Fever, every year, teegre & I would coordinate a "Steelers Fever Consensus Mock Draft".

We would start with the first pick... with a thread, a poll, and a discussion. The poll/thread would be up for 12 hours, and then, we'd move on to the next team. So on & so forth until we would get to Pittsburgh's selection, where the poll would stay open for several days.

Why??? This will allow for us to get a sense of who might ACTUALLY be there at pick #25. No joke: we've come pretty close every single year. Have fun with it.

So... as not to break tradition...

"First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
2. PHI: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
7. SF: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
8. CLEV: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St. (trade)
9. TB: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
13. MIA: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
14. OAK: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St
15. TENN: Jack Conklin, OT, Mich St (trade)
16. DET: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
17. ATL: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
18. INDY: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.
19. BUFF: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
20. NYJ: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
21. WASH: Jarran Reed, NT, Alabama
22. HOU: Laquan Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
23. MIN: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
24: CIN: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
25. PIT: William Jackson III, CB, Houston
26. SEA: Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi
27. GB: Vernon Butler, DT, La Tech
28. KC: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio St
29: ARIZ: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
30. CAR: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
31. DEN:

The Broncos are on the clock... and will be on the clock until we start Round 2 tomorrow.

[Mods, we don't want to garbage up the front page. Please, move/erase the Panthers thread.]

Psycho Ward 86
04-26-2016, 01:09 AM
Connor Cook. Crazy to think Leonard Floyd is still there, but the Broncos just need a QB so badly and Cook is the best QB that nobody is talking about. Not to mention the broncos are crazy loaded at OLB (Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Shane Ray, Shaquil Barrett)....man what i would give to have OLB's like that. still stings that we would have had Shaquil Barrett if we didnt skimp on an almost insignificant amount of money

steelreserve
04-26-2016, 01:31 AM
Well, it'll be a QB, that's for sure. I went with Cook as the consensus next-best one remaining.

teegre
04-26-2016, 06:30 AM
It's going to be a QB.

Christian Hackenberg was en route to being the #1 overall... until the coaching change messed him all up. He got hit so much (David Carr), that his mechanics went to pot. If Kubiak can turn him around, Hackenberg would be the best QB to come out of this draft.

86WARD
04-26-2016, 06:49 AM
It wouldn't shock me if the Texans tried to move up in the second round to grab Hackenberg as insurance in case Osweiler doesn't work out.

teegre
04-26-2016, 10:13 AM
I'm calling it.

Connor Cook

There have been no votes in 3 hours, and I just want to get the second round started.

[Mods, feel free to move this thread.]