PDA

View Full Version : Before we move on to the TEXANS...

teegre
04-20-2016, 01:10 PM
"First Annual Steelers Universe Consensus Mock Draft".

1. LA: Jared Goff, QB, Berkeley (trade)
2. PHI: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. (trade)
3. SD: Laremy Tunsil, LT, Mississippi
4. DAL: Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida St.
5. JAX: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
6. BAL: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
7. SF: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon (trade)
8. CLEV: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St.
9. TB: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
10. NYG: Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame
11. CHI: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
12. NO: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
13. MIA: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
14. OAK: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St
15. TENN: Jack Conklin, OT, Mich St (trade)
16. DET: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
17. ATL: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
18. INDY: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St.
19. BUFF: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
20. NYJ: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
21. WASH: Jarran Reed, NT, Alabama
22. HOU:

QUESTION:
How doe those changes look???

SanFran gets an Oregon player.

Clev gets Elliott (that's a stretch, but I'm afraid that a domino effect will follow if we give them Bosa).

We had Tampa taking a DE anyway. It was Buckner; now it is Bosa.

steelreserve
04-20-2016, 01:17 PM
I think LA will take Goff and PHI will take Wentz, but that changes absolutely nothing as far as the rest of the draft goes.

I also think it is more likely Treadwell goes in the top 10 with this reshuffling, possibly to SF or the Giants now, or that Lynch goes higher to CLE or SF. Elliott will still be good enough that someone will want him in the top 10, top 15 for sure. Giants would be a likely spot. Although holy shit, if he fell all the way to 25, we'd have some thinking to do.

I would still expect both of those players to be gone before #25 though anyway - so as long as Treadwell isn't still on our board then, this is mostly a reshuffling of the players who will be selected 1-24 anyway, rather than changing who's available to us.

st33lersguy
04-20-2016, 01:17 PM
I would definitely flip Wentz and Goff, all indication points to the Rams wanting Goff. Everything else is good. I was originally thinking Bosa to San Fran but reading this it makes more sense for Chip to go Oregon player

teegre
04-20-2016, 01:22 PM
I would definitely flip Wentz and Goff, all indication points to the Rams wanting Goff. Everything else is good. I was originally thinking Bosa to San Fran but reading this it makes more sense for Chip to go Oregon player

I agree.

I switched Goff to #1.

Psycho Ward 86
04-20-2016, 01:25 PM
im in favor of this mock

teegre
04-20-2016, 01:54 PM
im in favor of this mock

That's 2 votes for this mock.

steelreserve, I hear what you're saying, but that's a lot of reshuffling.

Dwinsgames
04-20-2016, 02:00 PM

most of the changes won't truly have much effect at 25 as none of the players would be there at 25 that where selected anyways .

it would be different if it changed the complexion of who would be there and I do not think these moves do that much if any at all .

teegre
04-20-2016, 02:23 PM
most of the changes won't truly have much effect at 25 as none of the players would be there at 25 that where selected anyways .

it would be different if it changed the complexion of who would be there and I do not think these moves do that much if any at all .

Very true.

It's my OCD that makes me want to get every pick "correct". :lol:

teegre
04-20-2016, 03:08 PM
@hawaiiansteeler

If these changes look good to you, would you be able to post the new poll (for the Texans)?

I'mleading a training all afternoon...

steelreserve
04-20-2016, 03:37 PM

Oh, I don't care about getting the individual picks exactly right. As long as we have the right players left at the end, that's all that matters. Most of this is probably just theoretical reshuffling because it's interesting to think about.

Born2Steel
04-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Don't they know we are trying to complete a mock draft over here?

The Eagles had no 2nd round pick anyway so trading up to get that 'homerun' in the first makes sense.

hawaiiansteeler
04-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Don't they know we are trying to complete a mock draft over here?

The Eagles had no 2nd round pick anyway so trading up to get that 'homerun' in the first makes sense.

yeah, they're taking a lot of risk with this trade. they better hit a homer here...

- - - Updated - - -

@hawaiiansteeler

If these changes look good to you, would you be able to post the new poll (for the Texans)?

I'mleading a training all afternoon...

looks great to me.

and yes, I'll put the Texans on the clock...

Born2Steel
04-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Yep. So they really need to hit on this one. If they screw this up they may be worst in the league for the next decade.