PDA

View Full Version : Who are the best current Penguins? (I am a completely new fan)

Cyphon25
04-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Title might be slightly misleading. When I was younger I sort of watched with Lemieux and Yagr and what not. I have a fairly basic understanding of the game but plenty of understanding of athletics and skills and what not.

Anyway, my main reason for making this thread is because I have started watching again with the past couple of playoff games and wanted to see how my eye test is doing. I have heard plenty about Crosby and know the hype and have never seen him play but to my eye he really is the best player on the ice. Most of what he does just looks effortlessly good. Maybe not something as impressive as goals but his passing is soooo good.

Putting defense aside because I am still adjusting to judging that, I think the most electric player outside of Crosby has been Conor Sheary. He looks fast and seems to have great puck handling skills. What really peaked my curiosity is that I don't feel like I see him on the ice all that much. So am I overrating him? Are the guys playing more that much better? Who else should I be keeping an eye on?

steelerdude15
04-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Sid.

tube517
04-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Alright, so I went to a local ECHL game (first in a long time) last month and now just getting into hockey as well. I usually only watch Olympic hockey/medal rounds :chuckle:

I watched the Penguins beat the Rangers and I'll admit jumping on a bandwagon.

I do not like the Capitals because all my Northern Virginia/DC/MD friends like them. Annoying. Booooooo!

Plus, I have a Penguins jersey I got on sale in the late 90s that sits in the closet for long periods of time. X-T would probably call me a disgrace. :chuckle:

Go Penguins!

steelerdude15
04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Alright, so I went to a local ECHL game (first in a long time) last month and now just getting into hockey as well. I usually only watch Olympic hockey/medal rounds :chuckle:

I do not like the Capitals because all my Northern Virginia/DC/MD friends like them. Annoying. Booooooo!

Plus, I have a Penguins jersey I got on sale in the late 90s that sits in the closet for long periods of time. X-T would probably call me a disgrace. :chuckle:

Go Penguins!

Good thing you're getting into it now. :chuckle:

tube517
05-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Capitals :yawn: :chuckle:

My fraternity bros have declared the Capitals the Cubs of the NHL. They are resigned to the fact that they may never see them win the cup in their lifetime.

fansince'76
05-11-2016, 08:42 AM

Go Penguins!

http://blogs.hoosiertimes.com/govtracker/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/bandwagon.gif

:chuckle:

tube517
05-11-2016, 08:44 AM
http://blogs.hoosiertimes.com/govtracker/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/bandwagon.gif

:chuckle:

I'm the one holding the "Tube-a" :lol: