PDA

View Full Version : Reaction mixed to Steelers' rare holiday-filled schedule

fansince'76
04-16-2016, 03:18 PM
By Mark Kaboly

Chalk it up to luck of the draw.

That's how the NFL described the Steelers becoming only the second team in the league's almost 100-year history to play on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day in the same season.

The Christmas Day 4:30 p.m. game against the AFC North rival Baltimore Ravens will be played at Heinz Field and will be the first time the Steelers have played on the holiday in their 82-year history. The Steelers will play at the Indianapolis Colts on Thanksgiving night and play host to the Cleveland Browns at 1 p.m. Jan. 1.

The Steelers have played on Thanksgiving and New Year's before, but not Christmas.

Read more: Reaction mixed to Steelers' rare holiday-filled schedule
(http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/10314730-74/christmas-games-steelers)

Born2Steel
04-16-2016, 03:27 PM
I love the Thanksgiving game, absolutely love it and i'm really looking forward to it.
On the other side, I completely hate the Christmas day game. If we win, it will be relief. If we lose, it could ruin Christmas for me. Not looking forward to that one at all. And it could have all sorts of playoff implications.

fansince'76
04-16-2016, 03:30 PM
I love the Thanksgiving game, absolutely love it and i'm really looking forward to it.
On the other side, I completely hate the Christmas day game. If we win, it will be relief. If we lose, it could ruin Christmas for me. Not looking forward to that one at all. And it could have all sorts of playoff implications.

Well, on the bright side (if there is one), at least it's at Heinz.

I'm not liking the Xmas day game either. I would imagine the players would much prefer to be with their families on that day rather than playing, especially if they have young kids.

teegre
04-16-2016, 03:36 PM
The Steelers are also playing on my birthday.

Born2Steel
04-16-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm going to see Guns and Roses on my birthday. Hopefully we both end the day happier than when we started it.

teegre
04-16-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm going to see Guns and Roses on my birthday. Hopefully we both end the day happier than when we started it.

I'll root for Axl to show up... for multiple reasons.

ALLD
04-16-2016, 04:18 PM
It's for the ratings. I wonder if there is any drop off in DTV Season Ticket sales because of all the games being on national tv?

Butch
04-16-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't mind the Thanksgiving day and new years, but Christmas...come on you greedy ass bastards. There is absolutely no reason on God's green earth that any team needs to play on Christmas day. Complete and total Bull shit

- - - Updated - - -

I hope the Steelers win the Superbowl and take the trophy and shove it up jolly rogers butt

Count Steeler
04-16-2016, 04:36 PM
They should play the Christmas day game in Mexico.

fansince'76
04-16-2016, 05:18 PM

Please, don't give Goodell any more "bright" ideas...

st33lersguy
04-16-2016, 05:44 PM
New Years day is standard practice, everyone plays on New Years day if it is on a Sunday. Thanksgiving I don't like because it is on the road and will feature that awful color rush b.s. As for Christmas, I don't like it either, let them have off, not only players but stadium and broadcast personnel as well

tube517
04-16-2016, 06:32 PM

We already played a game with Ron Mexico. :bolt::lol::grin:

steelerdude15
04-16-2016, 07:53 PM

I'm seeing GNR at FedEx Field on June 26th. I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways, I don't think they should play on Christmas because its a holiday and I'm sure most people would rather see their family.

tube517
04-17-2016, 02:35 AM
I'll root for Axl to show up... for multiple reasons.

Axl is bringing AC/DC with him. :chuckle:

pczach
04-17-2016, 06:33 AM
We already played a game with Ron Mexico. :bolt::lol::grin:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/44326634.jpg

:lol:

salamander
04-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the Christmas game either. But I used to have to work every holiday so I have no sympathy in that sense. :chuckle:

86WARD
04-17-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm not crazy about any of the holiday games and the Thanksgiving game is going to be awful...it's going to be painful to watch...