PDA

View Full Version : Schedule and 1st predictions!

Rotorhead
04-15-2016, 01:34 PM
13-3

Steelers @ Redskins - W - They are in a change so I don't see this as a difficult game
Steelers vs Bengals - W - No Burfict, at home, this will be a W and I think it will be a BIG W
Steelers @ Eagles - W - Getting over the Philly curse (we rarely win there)
Steelers vs Chiefs - W - This will be a close one, but we will be home so I am calling it a W
Steelers vs Jets - W - Same as above
Steelers @ Dolphins - W - This is the scary one, trap game for this season
Steelers vs Cheats** - W - If we blow out the Dolphins, we probably lose this one, if we squeak by the Dolphins or lose, we will win this game
Steelers @ Ravens - L - We have to lose sometime, I think this will be a bounce back season for the Rats
Steelers vs Cowboys - W - Home against Jerry's boys
Steelers @ Browns - W - We will sweep them this year
Steelers @ Colts - W - I think they are on the downhill unless they can get some OL and Def help
Steelers vs Giants - W - Too many holes to fill, rebuilding
Steelers @ Bills - L - Bills will be playing for the playoffs, here is out bad game
Steelers @ Bengals - L - Too many emotions here, I just want to make it out of this game healthy
Steelers vs Ravens - W - This will punch our post season ticket and Div title
Steelers vs Browns - W - going into the playoffs on a high note

polamalubeast
04-15-2016, 01:40 PM
11-5 or 12-4

I would like to have a bye week in the playoffs for the first time since 2010.This is possible.

steelreserve
04-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Very few easy games this year. We could still go 12-4 if we don't drop any divisional games we're not supposed to, but realistically we ought to account for at least one bad loss in that mix, so 11-5. The division title comes right down to the wire but we get the #3 seed.

SteelMember
04-15-2016, 02:10 PM
At first glance, it looks like a very tough schedule. Even playing the NFC East, who were all bad last year, there are no gimmies... except for the 2 Cleveland games. :wink02:

teegre
04-15-2016, 02:32 PM
19-0

Born2Steel
04-15-2016, 02:42 PM
I always start 3-3 with division games. Straight down the middle. Against conference we play the East. Pats, Fins, Bills, and Jets, I say 3-1. Against NFC it's the East also. Eagles Skins, Giants, and Cowboys, 4-0 is my prediction. The 2 other 2nd place AFC division teams, Colts and Chiefs, I predict 2-0. So I have 12-4, with 11-5 or 13-3 being very possible.

slippy
04-15-2016, 03:09 PM
travel miles/time is a piece of cake!

Psycho Ward 86
04-15-2016, 03:25 PM
12-4

losses @ Baltimore @ Cincy @ Indy, and upset against the jets

st33lersguy
04-15-2016, 06:26 PM
@ Redskins: Playing a defending division winner on the road, Tomlin will have his team pumped to play and win easily. W
Bengals: Steeers own the Bungals. I can't imagine the Bungals getting two wins in a row in Pittsburgh especially without Barfass. W
@ Eagles: Steelers finally win in Philly for the first time since before even Mean Joe and Noll were on the team, but the Steelers have to squeak one out in a shootout against a team that will struggle this year W
Chiefs: Steelers win a hard fought game against a tough team W
Jets: At 4-0, the Steelers get caught by surprise against Todd Bowles' Jets. The Jets defense harasses Big Ben and control the line of scrimmage L
@ Dolphins: The Steelers struggle and squeak out an ugly win looking ahead towards New England W
Patriots: Heading into the bye and not having played well the past 2 weeks, the Steelers go out to a fast start and hold on in a close win W
Bye: Still win (just kidding)
@ Ravens: Steelers have struggled in Baltimore and Baltimore will be better this year and Harbaugh will have his team playing hard against a 6-1 steelers team especially being a couple games back in the division at this point L
Cowboys: Romo chokes and the Steelers O torches the Cowboys lackluster D W
@ Browns: This may be a 1 possession game at halftime, but the Steelers will have it put away with minutes remaining and will win by double digits W
@ Colts: Short week on the road against a team embroiled in a tough division battle, loss L
Giants: I expect the Giants free agent moves to backfire and be under 500. by this time. Despite this, the Giants will keep it relatively close throughout and the Steelers win by 1 possession W
@ Bills: I expect Buffalo to be a trainwreck at least late in the season. It will be close for a half but Pittsburgh makes a big play and Buffalo falls apart. W
@ Bengals: This game is in primetime. Thus I expect the Bengals to completely collapse again and make numerous mistakes. W
Ravens: Steelers will be determined to avoid a sweep and give the home fans a Christmas day present. W
Browns: Blowout against a team mailing it in W

Overall 13-3

zulater
04-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Overall it looks like a manageable schedule. But one thing sticks out that pisses me off. That being the Steelers will be the 2nd team in the somewhat short history of Thursday night football that will be required to play on the road the week following a road game. The first of course was also the Steelers ( I think it was 13) Granted I realize Cleveland if fairly close in proximity to Pittsburgh. But still that's true of Philadelphia, New York and Washington. Also Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, and a few others. But nope none of them are made to play a Thursday road game following a road game. Just the Steelers. And even a close road game is still a road game. The logistics of packing up and going back to Pittsburgh from Cleveland still eats into rest and preparation time.

86WARD
04-16-2016, 01:58 AM
I say 11-5.

GBMelBlount
04-16-2016, 09:35 AM
12-4 and a Super Bowl win if the injury gods smile upon us.

Born2Steel
04-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Overall it looks like a manageable schedule. But one thing sticks out that pisses me off. That being the Steelers will be the 2nd team in the somewhat short history of Thursday night football that will be required to play on the road the week following a road game. The first of course was also the Steelers ( I think it was 13) Granted I realize Cleveland if fairly close in proximity to Pittsburgh. But still that's true of Philadelphia, New York and Washington. Also Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, and a few others. But nope none of them are made to play a Thursday road game following a road game. Just the Steelers. And even a close road game is still a road game. The logistics of packing up and going back to Pittsburgh from Cleveland still eats into rest and preparation time.

Thankfully it's the Browns and Colts. 2 very winnable road games for this team, even back to back. Which I agree, sucks.

slippy
04-16-2016, 09:39 AM
this is the happiest i've been with a steeler schedule for many many years.

zulater
04-16-2016, 06:00 PM
I'll go 12-4. Not going through the games one by one, it just has the feel of a 12-4 team right now comparative to the league as a whole.

steelerdude15
04-16-2016, 07:50 PM
I think 12-4 could be a safe bet. The game that I think can go either way could be the Jets game since they're getting better.

Rotorhead
04-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Jets game all depends on the QB situation, if they resign Fitz they are getting better, if they go with someone else (Hoyer or a rookie) they will be worse.

j-d-s
04-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Steelers @ Redskins - W, though we could lose since the Redskins are our typical "trap" team right now. Don't see us losing if our O is at full strength though.
Steelers vs Bengals - W - Quite obvious this one
Steelers @ Eagles - L - Tomlin typical underachieving loss
Steelers vs Chiefs - L - good D, they got Jamaal Charles and their otherwise bad passing offense will have a field day
Steelers vs Jets - W - Jets are worse than they look
Steelers @ Dolphins - L - Another game we should win, but won't.
Steelers vs Cheats - W - Bill Belicheat can't cheat this time cuz we're at home
Steelers @ Ravens - W - Splitting against the Rats is likely
Steelers vs Cowboys - W - Probably blow-out, a 4th quarter interception seals it for us
Steelers @ Browns - W - Don't see this joke of a team doing anything. Heck, they lost on a blocked field goal.
Steelers @ Colts - L - If Luck is healthy, look out
Steelers vs Giants - W - If this was in NY, probably different story. But at home, we win.
Steelers @ Bills - W - Because the Bills will look at this time, we beat them. If they are in bad position, we lose.
Steelers @ Bengals - L - We could send the second stringers to avoid these thugs injuring our key players for the third year in a row.
Steelers vs Ravens - L - Splitting against the Rats is likely
Steelers vs Browns - W - The last time we lost to them at home was in 2003. Nuff said.

GBMelBlount
04-19-2016, 08:17 AM
19-0

:applaudit:

hawaiiansteeler
04-19-2016, 04:09 PM
19-0

does that mean we're not playing any poor, lousy sub-.500 teams this season? :hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo:

pczach
04-19-2016, 05:20 PM
does that mean we're not playing any poor, lousy sub-.500 teams this season? :hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/44163134.jpg