PDA

View Full Version : TPOP: The 2016 Steelers a Draft Board

teegre
04-14-2016, 10:59 PM
Here is my latest article for The Point of Pittsburgh. For draft aficionados , like myself, this should be an interesting read.

The 2016 Steelers Draft Board
by Tiger Rowan

In order to create a mock draft, a draftnik first needs to set up a draft board. The way that I arrange my draft board is similar to how actual draft boards are set up.

First, I make a list of players who will definitely go before the Steelers’ draft slot; these are players who the Steelers would absolutely draft, but those players have no realistic chance of dropping that far. Then, I list the players who the Steelers do not need, but will assuredly go in the top part of the draft (usually this is the quarterback position). At that juncture, I generally have about a dozen names written down, so I create a tiered list of the players who the Steelers might actually draft. Last, but not least, I make a list of players that the Steelers do not need (or, whom I do not want) and every time that one of these players gets drafted, it bumps one of the players from the third list (possible picks) down towards Pittsburgh’s slot.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/the-2016-steelers-draft-board/

Feel free to pass this link along to any mock drafters that you know.

hawaiiansteeler
04-15-2016, 12:24 AM
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell Apr 13

CB fans, listen up.

Scott Bischoff @Bischoff_Scott

Following up on a prior tweet on failed test at combine by top SEC cornerback. If true, this will shake up the first round of the NFL draft.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

BlackAndGold
04-15-2016, 01:01 AM
gotta be Mackensie Alexander...

CB fans, listen up.

Following up on a prior tweet on failed test at combine by top SEC cornerback. If true, this will shake up the first round of the NFL draft.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Hargreaves.

Alexander=ACC

hawaiiansteeler
04-15-2016, 01:14 AM
Hargreaves.

Alexander=ACC

oh wow, you're absolutely right.

Hargreaves testing positive really would shake up the draft...

BlackAndGold
04-15-2016, 01:41 AM
oh wow, you're absolutely right.

Hargreaves testing positive really would shake up the draft...

It really would. Could see him falling all the way to #25. Couldn't see the Steelers taking him tho,

pczach
04-15-2016, 05:18 AM
Wow, that would change the way a lot of the dominos will fall if that is true.

pczach
04-15-2016, 05:35 AM
Here is my latest article for The Point of Pittsburgh. For draft aficionados , like myself, this should be an interesting read.

The 2016 Steelers Draft Board
by Tiger Rowan

In order to create a mock draft, a draftnik first needs to set up a draft board. The way that I arrange my draft board is similar to how actual draft boards are set up.

First, I make a list of players who will definitely go before the Steelers’ draft slot; these are players who the Steelers would absolutely draft, but those players have no realistic chance of dropping that far. Then, I list the players who the Steelers do not need, but will assuredly go in the top part of the draft (usually this is the quarterback position). At that juncture, I generally have about a dozen names written down, so I create a tiered list of the players who the Steelers might actually draft. Last, but not least, I make a list of players that the Steelers do not need (or, whom I do not want) and every time that one of these players gets drafted, it bumps one of the players from the third list (possible picks) down towards Pittsburgh’s slot.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/the-2016-steelers-draft-board/

Feel free to pass this link along to any mock drafters that you know.

Nice job brother!

I don't understand. Why make a draft board prior to the draft when you can just wait until after the draft to question every pick the team makes like everyone else does? :bounce: This way, you can just wait until three years later to proclaim that you knew every player that was drafted was going to be great or a complete bust.

Giving your opinions ahead of time takes all the fun out of it because you can't claim to know everything later!

:toofunny:

I know you enjoy doing this every year and evaluating players like I do. Knowledge is power!

Of course, now that we all know how you feel about all those players, we'll endlessly mock you for being wrong about any of them. :thumbsup:

teegre
04-15-2016, 06:20 AM

CB fans, listen up.

After the Martavis Bryant ordeal, there is no way that the Steelers take him.

The Bengals probably will, though.

teegre
04-15-2016, 06:40 AM
Nice job brother!

I don't understand. Why make a draft board prior to the draft when you can just wait until after the draft to question every pick the team makes like everyone else does? :bounce: This way, you can just wait until three years later to proclaim that you knew every player that was drafted was going to be great or a complete bust.

Giving your opinions ahead of time takes all the fun out of it because you can't claim to know everything later!

:toofunny:

I know you enjoy doing this every year and evaluating players like I do. Knowledge is power!

Of course, now that we all know how you feel about all those players, we'll endlessly mock you for being wrong about any of them. :thumbsup:

:lol: The legend of Angry Chair. Speaking of old school trolls, I wonder when Scrotis is going to rape me; he never followed through on that (people these days never keep their word).

Joking aside, the problem is that even in hindsight, when I re-drafted 2013, I still picked Matt Elam. :doh:

Mojouw
04-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Draft Hargreaves anyway. Just don't let him and Bongtaviou room together!

Likely different issues. Bryant is likely self-medicating a larger issue. Betting Hargreaves just got caught partying.

At some point the NFL needs to just stop testing for dope. Alcohol is a far more corrosive issue to actual performance, but that isn't tested for until you get a DUI.

Once again, PR nonsense trumps the best interests of the actual employees/players.

Dwinsgames
04-15-2016, 12:09 PM

Likely different issues. Bryant is likely self-medicating a larger issue. Betting Hargreaves just got caught partying.

At some point the NFL needs to just stop testing for dope. Alcohol is a far more corrosive issue to actual performance, but that isn't tested for until you get a DUI.

Once again, PR nonsense trumps the best interests of the actual employees/players.

while I mostly agree I still doubt they take him , I probably would however

pczach
04-15-2016, 12:22 PM
:lol: The legend of Angry Chair. Speaking of old school trolls, I wonder when Scrotis is going to rape me; he never followed through on that (people these days never keep their word).

Joking aside, the problem is that even in hindsight, when I re-drafted 2013, I still picked Matt Elam. :doh:

We all fall in love with certain players. It happens to all of us. Sometimes you just believe in your heart that a player is going to be a stud, and it just doesn't work out that way.

It happens to pro scouts all the time.

On a lighter note, who threatened you by saying they were going to give you "A vacation from walking"? Was it the " something Running Back" guy? I'm having a mental block.

I love that one too. :chuckle:

steelreserve
04-15-2016, 01:26 PM
How do you keep coming up with this rubbish? I checked with BengalGirl5150 and she says it's crap.

Craic
04-15-2016, 02:11 PM

No. Do not take him. If he can't put down the pot knowing he's going into a draft and will be tested, he won't put it down later, either. Addiction and all that. As for corrosive to performance? Pot actually still affects motor control 48 hours after being smoked according to studies (studies of pilots in simulators). The myths around pot still astound me.

Nevertheless, as for the Steelers, it'd be foolish and hypocritical to take him after releasing Bongtonio for similar issues. The fact they're working with Bryant is one thing. Picking up a new guy with possibly even worse issues (not self-medicating, just can't stop when his career is on the line - see draft) is utterly foolish.

Dwinsgames
04-15-2016, 02:38 PM
No. Do not take him. If he can't put down the pot knowing he's going into a draft and will be tested, he won't put it down later, either. Addiction and all that. As for corrosive to performance? Pot actually still affects motor control 48 hours after being smoked according to studies (studies of pilots in simulators). The myths around pot still astound me.

Nevertheless, as for the Steelers, it'd be foolish and hypocritical to take him after releasing Bongtonio for similar issues. The fact they're working with Bryant is one thing. Picking up a new guy with possibly even worse issues (not self-medicating, just can't stop when his career is on the line - see draft) is utterly foolish.

literally tons of guys test positive but we only hear about a select few , many more that pass the test would also fail if it was a hair test instead of a piss test .

I read somewhere ( not sure of the validity ) that approximately 80% of the league smokes pot , that being said just because someone else is doing it does not mean you should be doing it .

I do not smoke weed , but I have in my youth so I have nothing to gain from the league allowing it or disallowing it but I think its kind of a silly rule nonetheless but as stated the rule is the rule you know it so you should abide by it if you want to continue working in that field ( pardon the pun )

Born2Steel
04-15-2016, 02:44 PM
This issue should, in the future, be handled the same way as the NBA does. It is not allowed, still a banned substance, but we just won't test for it.

teegre
04-15-2016, 02:48 PM
On a lighter note, who threatened you by saying they were going to give you "A vacation from walking"? Was it the " something Running Back" guy? I'm having a mental block.

I love that one too. :chuckle:

That was Scrotis... in his RV that he drove 300 miles to each game.

He was being misogynistic and rude to Lady Steel; I intervened; and, he promised me a "vacation from walking."

Every time that I see an RV at a game, I think: "Oh please, let today be my lucky day." :lol:

SteelMember
04-15-2016, 02:56 PM

He was being misogynistic and rude to Lady Steel; I intervened; and, he promised me a "vacation from walking."

Every time that I see an RV at a game, I think: "Oh please, let today be my lucky day." :lol:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/318/files/2015/07/glenn-dale-rv-760-jpg.jpg

:chuckle:

steelreserve
04-15-2016, 02:57 PM
I do not really care whether we select a guy who smokes pot. I care whether we select a guy who gets CAUGHT smoking pot.

Bottom line, it is not very difficult to avoid getting busted by drug tests. It's common knowledge that it's widespread in the league, but only a handful of players fail their tests. It seems like a lot because you hear about it every time, but in reality it's probably a couple percent.

Getting caught usually involves a complete lack of foresight, or that you are completely out of control with it - e.g., caught up in the mentality of smoking all day/every day and always pushing to see how brazen you can be about it and still get away with it. Neither one of those speaks well about your ability to avoid getting caught again in the future, when it will cost you (and your team) games.

Again: I really don't care if you smoke pot; lots of people do; used to myself. Just your ability to stay out of trouble with the league.

teegre
04-15-2016, 03:07 PM
I do not really care whether we select a guy who smokes pot. I care whether we select a guy who gets CAUGHT smoking pot.

Bottom line, it is not very difficult to avoid getting busted by drug tests. It's common knowledge that it's widespread in the league, but only a handful of players fail their tests. It seems like a lot because you hear about it every time, but in reality it's probably a couple percent.

Getting caught usually involves a complete lack of foresight, or that you are completely out of control with it - e.g., caught up in the mentality of smoking all day/every day and always pushing to see how brazen you can be about it and still get away with it. Neither one of those speaks well about your ability to avoid getting caught again in the future, when it will cost you (and your team) games.

Again: I really don't care if you smoke pot; lots of people do; used to myself. Just your ability to stay out of trouble with the league.

Exactly!!!

Let me see, when is the combine? Who knows??? They'll probably just spring it on me. It's not like it's scheduled for a certain day, where I could plan on having weed out of my system. Oh look: it is February 20th... sounds like a good morning to get high!!! Derp!!!!!

teegre
04-15-2016, 03:50 PM
How do you keep coming up with this rubbish? I checked with BengalGirl5150 and she says it's crap.

Speaking of BengalGirl5150, that is exactly how I come up with my tiered list.

I place a hundred chickens into a room, each one having a name tag with a different player's name on it. Then, I shove BengalGirl5150 into the room. Whenever she grabs a chicken, decapitates it, and drinks its blood, I take the name from the tag and that player goes onto my list.

Unfortunately for me, the year that I had ranked Matt Elam so highly, the chicken with his name tag had fallen into a vat of moonshine... which drew BengalGirl5150 right to it.

fansince'76
04-15-2016, 04:28 PM

Agreed. Testing for THC in a league where it's pretty common knowledge that over 90 percent of the players smoke weed regularly is a joke. They should test for PEDs and that's it.

hawaiiansteeler
04-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Agreed. Testing for THC in a league where it's pretty common knowledge that over 90 percent of the players smoke weed regularly is a joke. They should test for PEDs and that's it.

:iagree:

steelreserve
04-15-2016, 06:48 PM

Talk to the smileys.

:legalweed::goodelljoke::business:

teegre
04-16-2016, 09:43 AM
Here's the thing:

Should weed be legal? Yes
Should the NFL test for weed? No

Is weed legal? No
Does the NFL test for weed? Yes

Is every player tested at the Combine? Yes
Was the date (Feb 20th) known? Yes
Could Hargreaves have refrained? Yes
Did Hargreaves refrain from smoking weed? No

SUMMATION:
Hargreaves may not have a weed issue, but man alive! he's dumb.

Artie Burns is happy, though... because this pushes Burns up into R1.

Born2Steel
04-16-2016, 09:58 AM
On one note about legalizing pot, and this is simply a very narrow look, I have a sister that lives in the Denver area. Her facebook is full of tales of 'stoners' blocking up everything. At the grocery, movie ticket/concession lines, gas pumps, you name it. Which means, and this is the main point, these idiots cannot control themselves and are apparently driving around under this influence. I have always been one of those 'what you do in your own home is your own business' thinkers. But, legalization has caused an influx of bad decision making by the pro pot people. Not saying I would or would not have a recreational stash at my own home if it becomes legal in my area, just saying I disagree with a full scale legalization nation-wide. That would be a big mistake. As that pertains to football and the NFL, again, a full scale legalization would be a bad idea. Just my opinion.

teegre
04-16-2016, 10:23 AM
On one note about legalizing pot, and this is simply a very narrow look, I have a sister that lives in the Denver area. Her facebook is full of tales of 'stoners' blocking up everything. At the grocery, movie ticket/concession lines, gas pumps, you name it. Which means, and this is the main point, these idiots cannot control themselves and are apparently driving around under this influence. I have always been one of those 'what you do in your own home is your own business' thinkers. But, legalization has caused an influx of bad decision making by the pro pot people. Not saying I would or would not have a recreational stash at my own home if it becomes legal in my area, just saying I disagree with a full scale legalization nation-wide. That would be a big mistake. As that pertains to football and the NFL, again, a full scale legalization would be a bad idea. Just my opinion.

Good point(s).

Sticking strictly to the NFL/Hargreaves... my main gripe with the kid is the stupidity of his actions. How do you fail a drug test that you KNOW is coming!?!

I hope that he is the opposite of Johnny Manziel. Manziel was extremely professional leading up to the draft. He wowed everyone at the Combine interviews, was a superstar at his pro day, and stayed out of trouble (zero failed drug tests). He made himself millions by being "clean". Then... :scared:

Maybe Hargreaves is the antithesis. He fucked up at the Combine, he'll look like an idiot for 6 months, losing millions in the process... and then, he'll be the best CB since Deion Sanders. :nod:

Mojouw
04-16-2016, 11:08 AM

Legalization is not the problem there. It is legalization without regulation. Alcohol, which I enjoy, is legal but regulated. Do people still show up drunk/buzzed places, yup. But there is some guidelines. Pot is legal, but not that regulated on the consumption DWI side. That will come, everything is still new. States are "laboratories of democracy" and all that.

I just think that it is a load of crap that Manziel could lace them up tomorrow for an NFL team and Hargreaves, Bryant, Gordon, et al are not going to be allowed to by the league. I think it was Jamarcus Russell or Akili Smith that have talked very openly about how they drank themselves out of the league and no one cared. Look at Big Ben. Everything points towards an early career period of time of a guy that liked to drink. And drink a lot. Favre was a fall down drunk early in his career and that was large part of why Jerry Glanvile traded him. Jim McManon showed up for his first press conference drinking an actual beer. There are almost innumerable more examples. Imagine the guys that get addicted to pain pills and is likely swept WAY under the rug.

Pot is no more addictive than liquor. It is science and stuff. In fact it may be less addictive and less medically bad for you. But, let's test the ever loving crap out of our mostly minority players (who cultural, generational, and socio-economic wise have more of a preference for weed than alcohol - here I am drawing on my anthropology background and painting with a VERY broad brush, so bear with me) so that it all looks good for the 24/7 NFL news cycle. And our mostly majority, older, and culturally different consumers will feel better about the nice team-oriented, dedicated to their craft, conscious of the "privilege" they have been given (not earned, but given) to have the opportunity to get paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living, etc players they cheer for each week

The NFL marketing and NFL films have created a myth. We all love the myth. "The Autumn Wind is a Raider..." and whatnot. But not a single thing the NFL does has anything to do with "helping" the players. It has to do with ensuring the fans stay happy, keep paying for stuff, and the league and owners make money. Because the NFL knows that as long as those things happen, they can always find young men to compete for roster spots. If every player disappeared tomorrow, they could have every roster re-filled by Wednesday.

What am I saying? Nothing directed at anything that anyone specifically said here. Just a rant against the general stance the NFL takes on things. Despite my anger over it, it won't change anything. Following the NFL is my main hobby. It isn't like I am going to stop doing that. Just makes me frustrated. When you hear about the medical and lifestyle issues older players have and see that the league really doesn't give a shit. Then look at how little they care about the current players. Sad.

Born2Steel
04-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Legalization is not the problem there. It is legalization without regulation. Alcohol, which I enjoy, is legal but regulated. Do people still show up drunk/buzzed places, yup. But there is some guidelines. Pot is legal, but not that regulated on the consumption DWI side. That will come, everything is still new. States are "laboratories of democracy" and all that.

I just think that it is a load of crap that Manziel could lace them up tomorrow for an NFL team and Hargreaves, Bryant, Gordon, et al are not going to be allowed to by the league. I think it was Jamarcus Russell or Akili Smith that have talked very openly about how they drank themselves out of the league and no one cared. Look at Big Ben. Everything points towards an early career period of time of a guy that liked to drink. And drink a lot. Favre was a fall down drunk early in his career and that was large part of why Jerry Glanvile traded him. Jim McManon showed up for his first press conference drinking an actual beer. There are almost innumerable more examples. Imagine the guys that get addicted to pain pills and is likely swept WAY under the rug.

Pot is no more addictive than liquor. It is science and stuff. In fact it may be less addictive and less medically bad for you. But, let's test the ever loving crap out of our mostly minority players (who cultural, generational, and socio-economic wise have more of a preference for weed than alcohol - here I am drawing on my anthropology background and painting with a VERY broad brush, so bear with me) so that it all looks good for the 24/7 NFL news cycle. And our mostly majority, older, and culturally different consumers will feel better about the nice team-oriented, dedicated to their craft, conscious of the "privilege" they have been given (not earned, but given) to have the opportunity to get paid millions of dollars to play a game for a living, etc players they cheer for each week

The NFL marketing and NFL films have created a myth. We all love the myth. "The Autumn Wind is a Raider..." and whatnot. But not a single thing the NFL does has anything to do with "helping" the players. It has to do with ensuring the fans stay happy, keep paying for stuff, and the league and owners make money. Because the NFL knows that as long as those things happen, they can always find young men to compete for roster spots. If every player disappeared tomorrow, they could have every roster re-filled by Wednesday.

What am I saying? Nothing directed at anything that anyone specifically said here. Just a rant against the general stance the NFL takes on things. Despite my anger over it, it won't change anything. Following the NFL is my main hobby. It isn't like I am going to stop doing that. Just makes me frustrated. When you hear about the medical and lifestyle issues older players have and see that the league really doesn't give a shit. Then look at how little they care about the current players. Sad.

Yes, I agree. That was sort of what I was aiming toward myself, regulation. IMO, a broad brush legalization of pot in the NFL would be disastrous. A more regulated approach, it's banned but we don't really test for it type approach, might work. I don't think players would show up to practice/meetings/workouts/etc stoned any more than they would show up drunk. So regulated. But if a player wants to relax at home with a cocktail or a few bong hits, no big deal.

teegre
04-16-2016, 08:42 PM

Great post. Excellent, really.

That said, I still say that anyone who fails the Combine's drug test is dumb. You had one job!!! :lol:

teegre
04-18-2016, 06:32 AM
Let's assume that these players are gone:
-Wentz
-Goff
-Ramsey
-Jack
-Bosa
-Buckner
-Tunsil
-Stanley
-Elliott
-Treadwell
-Hargreaves
-Lee

That leaves 13 players to go until 25.

What does your tiered list (your draft board) look like?

(Which 13 players would you possibly draft at 25?)

Born2Steel
04-18-2016, 12:22 PM
I don't think there is a single mock out there that has us selecting anything other than a CB at 25.

Born2Steel
04-18-2016, 12:34 PM
-Wentz
-Goff
-Ramsey
-Jack
-Bosa
-Buckner
-Tunsil
-Stanley
-Elliott
-Treadwell
-Hargreaves
-Lee

I start with BPA at positions of need. CB, SS, DL, OG, LB.

That leaves, in no particular order... Alexander, JacksonIII, Joseph, Spence, Dodd, Lawson, Floyd, Billings, Butler, Robinson, Reed, Ragland, Rankins.

One of these guys falls to us and I'm happy.

I know I left Apple off this list, but I included Ragland. Of the 2, I would rather get Ragland. Personal preference over position need.

SteelMember
04-18-2016, 12:46 PM
I don't think there is a single mock out there that has us selecting anything other than a CB at 25.

I have seen a few sprinkles here and there. One of the more interesting/surprising has us taking Jaylon Smith... even with the injury.

teegre
04-18-2016, 01:03 PM
I start with BPA at positions of need. CB, SS, DL, OG, LB.

That leaves, in no particular order... Alexander, JacksonIII, Joseph, Spence, Dodd, Lawson, Floyd, Billings, Butler, Robinson, Reed, Ragland, Rankins.

One of these guys falls to us and I'm happy.

I know I left Apple off this list, but I included Ragland. Of the 2, I would rather get Ragland. Personal preference over position need.

1. I didn't have Dodd, Lawson, nor Floyd on my list (in the article). Dodd & Lawson have been up & down in the rankings. Plus, I'm not certain that they'll switch to OLB. Then again, Colbert has averred that he's not sticking to any "scheme" type of players; he'll take a 4-3 DE just as easily as he'll take a 3-4 OLB. That said, Floyd seems like a 4-3 OLB (I don't think I'd take him).

2. Agreed: I'd rather have Ragland (than Apple).

3. The remainder of your list is the same as mine: Alexander, JacksonIII, Joseph, Spence, Billings, Butler, Robinson, Reed, Rankins.

Born2Steel
04-18-2016, 01:25 PM
The tough part about Floyd for me is will he be better than JJ. I have a hard time pulling the trigger on that selection more than the rest. Same school/same position, don't know how much it changes from player to player.

pczach
04-18-2016, 01:39 PM
I have seen a few sprinkles here and there. One of the more interesting/surprising has us taking Jaylon Smith... even with the injury.

A healthy Jayson Smith would be fantastic. I just don't think you can take him in the first few rounds. He's going to miss the entire 2016 season and no guarantee that the nerve damage will heal.

He's just not worth the risk until later in the draft.

Mojouw
04-18-2016, 01:44 PM
In that scenario, I have Floyd and Spence as "tiered" above other positions. They are the last high end edge rushers players that fit what I think the Steelers want for Butlers OLBs.

LLT
04-18-2016, 01:58 PM

LOL...we all have had those soft and flabby internet tough guys who hide behind their computers, make threats, and bank on never meeting you in real life. Its part of the times. My experience is that most of those guys are insecure, heavily medicated, and have an unhealthy NEED for attention.

SteelMember
04-18-2016, 02:02 PM
LOL...we all have had those soft and flabby internet tough guys who hide behind their computers, make threats, and bank on never meeting you in real life. Its part of the times. My experience is that most of those guys are insecure, heavily medicated, and have an unhealthy NEED for attention.

HEY!

LLT
04-18-2016, 02:45 PM
-Wentz
-Goff
-Ramsey
-Jack
-Bosa
-Buckner
-Tunsil
-Stanley
-Elliott
-Treadwell
-Hargreaves
-Lee

Wow...that is an INCREDIBLY hard question.

Unfortunately I think the FO has put us into a position in which we are going to have to weigh heavily on the secondary. Even if the #15 ranked player is available...I can see the Steelers HAVING to take the #20-25 defensive secondary player. We have virtually assured our NEED this year... due to lack of investment at the position.

SteelMember
04-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Our current roster. Projected starters in bold

# NAME POS. HT. WT. AGE EXP. COLLEGE

31 Cockrell, Ross CB 6-0 191 24 3 Duke
38 Frey, Isaiah CB 6-0 190 26 3 Nevada
22 Gay, William CB 5-10 187 31 10 Louisville
27 Golson, Senquez CB 5-9 176 22 2 Mississippi
24 Grant, Doran CB 5-10 200 23 2 Ohio State
44 Shabazz, Al-Hajj CB 6-2 200 23 1 West Chester
40 Garner, Montell DB 5-11 188 24 1 South Alabama
42 Hagen, Jacob FS 6-3 205 24 1 Liberty
37 Dangerfield, Jordan S 5-11 199 25 1 Towson
21 Golden, Robert S 5-11 202 25 5 Arizona
23 Mitchell, Mike S 6-1 221 28 8 Ohio
29 Thomas, Shamarko S 5-9 205 25 4 Syracuse
35 Ventrone, Ross S 5-8 198 29 4 Villanova
39 Vinopal, Ray S 5-10 197 24 1 Pittsburgh

teegre
04-18-2016, 06:06 PM
LOL...we all have had those soft and flabby internet tough guys

The best was a guy called 'Murf.

He was not flabby nor was he a wimp. In fact, he was a male model.

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

:rofl2:

teegre
04-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Wow...that is an INCREDIBLY hard question.

Unfortunately I think the FO has put us into a position in which we are going to have to weigh heavily on the secondary. Even if the #15 ranked player is available...I can see the Steelers HAVING to take the #20-25 defensive secondary player. We have virtually assured our NEED this year... due to lack of investment at the position.

Maybe. But, I personally hope not.

I'd rather get the better value, than draft a guy based off of "need".

IMO, I would love to see them draft Karl Joseph. But, aside from him, I would rather take the best front 7 player over a mediocre corner.

hawaiiansteeler
04-18-2016, 09:33 PM
IMO, I would love to see them draft Karl Joseph.

me too, unfortunately i agree with Jim Wexell:

* Karl Joseph (8-1) -- I've held Robert Golden in high regard since he was a nobody at his rookie camp, but the position to which he's recently ascended -- strong safety -- calls for a dynamic playmaker, according to the team's Super Bowl tradition. In my opinion, Joseph is the only legitimate first-rounder in a strong crop of strong safeties this year. But I don't see the Steelers drafting someone with a torn ACL in the first round, even if he will be ready for training camp.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1661779-steelers-draft-odds

BlackAndGold
04-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Still dreaming of Joseph being there in round 2.

Billings and Joseph in rounds 1-2 would be fantastic. And getting a CB like Young, C.Jones or J.Jones in round 3-4 would be a bonus.

teegre
04-18-2016, 10:19 PM
me too, unfortunately i agree with Jim Wexell:

* Karl Joseph (8-1) -- I've held Robert Golden in high regard since he was a nobody at his rookie camp, but the position to which he's recently ascended -- strong safety -- calls for a dynamic playmaker, according to the team's Super Bowl tradition. In my opinion, Joseph is the only legitimate first-rounder in a strong crop of strong safeties this year. But I don't see the Steelers drafting someone with a torn ACL in the first round, even if he will be ready for training camp.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1661779-steelers-draft-odds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2HS8NL4s4&app=desktop

hawaiiansteeler
04-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Still dreaming of Joseph being there in round 2.

Billings and Joseph in rounds 1-2 would be fantastic. And getting a CB like Young, C.Jones or J.Jones in round 3-4 would be a bonus.

I would love a draft similar to your sig mock, and Karl Joseph may still yet drop to us in Round 2 considering he's coming off a torn ACL...

1. Andrew Billings, NT/DT
2. Karl Joseph, SS
3. Jihad Ward, DT/DE
4. Jonathan Jones / Tavon Young CB

Psycho Ward 86
04-18-2016, 10:34 PM
its a torn acl, not severed leg. no one really seems medically worried about karl joseph given that he's supposed to be ready before training camp even starts and the fact that he was a lock as a top 10-15 pick before hand. the only prospects in this draft that are basically a consensus #2 at their position that will probably make it out of the 1st round are at G, C, and RB. Joseph is too good. If all the top DT's are gone, if were lukewarm on the CB's left on the board, we ought to snag Karl Joseph

hawaiiansteeler
04-18-2016, 11:06 PM
its a torn acl, not severed leg. no one really seems medically worried about karl joseph given that he's supposed to be ready before training camp even starts and the fact that he was a lock as a top 10-15 pick before hand. the only prospects in this draft that are basically a consensus #2 at their position that will probably make it out of the 1st round are at G, C, and RB. Joseph is too good. If all the top DT's are gone, if were lukewarm on the CB's left on the board, we ought to snag Karl Joseph

"Another thing for athletes to keep in mind is that most NFL players who sustain an injury to their ACL do typically return to play again in the NFL, however a research study from the American Journal of Sports Medicine has shown that most athletes return with diminished performance on the field."

http://www.foundrysportsmedicine.com/popular/2015/6/18/why-are-professional-athletes-able-to-return-from-acl-surgery-sooner-than-me

BlackAndGold
04-18-2016, 11:30 PM
I would love a draft similar to your sig mock, and Karl Joseph may still yet drop to us in Round 2 considering he's coming off a torn ACL...

1. Andrew Billings, NT/DT
2. Karl Joseph, SS
3. Jihad Ward, DT/DE
4. Jonathan Jones / Tavon Young CB

https://m.popkey.co/281a59/b0eXj.gif

teegre
04-19-2016, 09:29 AM

That's my thinking, too.

Spence
Reed, Robinson, Rankins, Billings, Butler, Clark
Joseph

- - - Updated - - -

"Another thing for athletes to keep in mind is that most NFL players who sustain an injury to their ACL do typically return to play again in the NFL, however a research study from the American Journal of Sports Medicine has shown that most athletes return with diminished performance on the field."

http://www.foundrysportsmedicine.com/popular/2015/6/18/why-are-professional-athletes-able-to-return-from-acl-surgery-sooner-than-me

I hear that, and there are plenty of examples.

That said, I immediately think of AP and of Thomas Davis.

Dwinsgames
04-19-2016, 10:34 AM
-Wentz
-Goff
-Ramsey
-Jack
-Bosa
-Buckner
-Tunsil
-Stanley
-Elliott
-Treadwell
-Hargreaves
-Lee

in no specific order with the bold the most likely to be available at 25...

Sheldon Rankins

Jarran Reed

Kevin Dodd

Andrew Billings

Mackensie Alexander

Karl Joseph

for me if none of those players are on the board ( and some should be ) I try my best to trade back half dozen picks and get an extra 3rd rounder .

if 2 or more of them are on the board I also could try and trade back a little to obtain more picks and still grab one of them .

its a gamble but a calculated one that could pay off big if you can get an additional 3rd rounder and it turns out to be Hargrave or Jones

hawaiiansteeler
04-19-2016, 12:35 PM
I hear that, and there are plenty of examples.

That said, I immediately think of AP and of Thomas Davis.

believe me, I'm a huge Karl Joseph fan.

my main point is that as a GM of a NFL franchise, that is an awfully big risk to take. one that can get you fired if it doesn't pan out...

teegre
04-19-2016, 03:12 PM
one that can get you fired

FIRE everyone!!! :flame:

teegre
04-19-2016, 06:07 PM
in no specific order with the bold the most likely to be available at 25...

Sheldon Rankins

Jarran Reed

Kevin Dodd

Andrew Billings

Mackensie Alexander

Karl Joseph

for me if none of those players are on the board ( and some should be ) I try my best to trade back half dozen picks and get an extra 3rd rounder .

if 2 or more of them are on the board I also could try and trade back a little to obtain more picks and still grab one of them .

its a gamble but a calculated one that could pay off big if you can get an additional 3rd rounder and it turns out to be Hargrave or Jones

First of all, great list. I would take any of those players... with the bolded players actually being my preferences.

As far as trading back goes, if it turns out like 2001, great!!! Trade back three spots, get the same guy (or one of three) that you would have taken at 25.

A step further, what if (like 2001) they then use that newly acquired pick to trade up to the top of R2. Something like this:

28: Karl Jospeh, SS, West Virginia
49: Kenny Clark, DT/DE, UCLA

Dwinsgames
04-19-2016, 06:22 PM
First of all, great list. I would take any of those players... with the bolded players actually being my preferences.

As far as trading back goes, if it turns out like 2001, great!!! Trade back three spots, get the same guy (or one of three) that you would have taken at 25.

A step further, what if (like 2001) they then use that newly acquired pick to trade up to the top of R2. Something like this:

28: Karl Jospeh, SS, West Virginia
49: Kenny Clark, DT/DE, UCLA

thanks ,

really hoping it turns out like that where there is a bevy of guys we would want in the 25 spot can trade back still get one and have an extra 3rd ...

then you could see something like this perhaps ?
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Karl Joseph (http://www.google.com/search?q=Karl+Joseph+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), SS/FS, West Virginia
Round 2 Pick 27: Jalen Mills (http://www.google.com/search?q=Jalen+Mills+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), FS/CB, LSU
Round 3 Pick 2 (CLE): Chris Jones (http://www.google.com/search?q=Chris+Jones+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT/DE, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 26: Maliek Collins (http://www.google.com/search?q=Maliek+Collins+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT, Nebraska

do what you want with the rest of the draft you already hit a home run

teegre
04-19-2016, 06:28 PM
thanks ,

really hoping it turns out like that where there is a bevy of guys we would want in the 25 spot can trade back still get one and have an extra 3rd ...

then you could see something like this perhaps ?
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Karl Joseph (http://www.google.com/search?q=Karl+Joseph+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), SS/FS, West Virginia
Round 2 Pick 27: Jalen Mills (http://www.google.com/search?q=Jalen+Mills+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), FS/CB, LSU
Round 3 Pick 2 (CLE): Chris Jones (http://www.google.com/search?q=Chris+Jones+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT/DE, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 26: Maliek Collins (http://www.google.com/search?q=Maliek+Collins+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT, Nebraska

do what you want with the rest of the draft you already hit a home run

If you could guarantee those four, I'd give away the remaining draft picks.

Dwinsgames
04-19-2016, 06:36 PM
If you could guarantee those four, I'd give away the remaining draft picks.

well I would'nt give em away LOL

I would probably come back and grab a RB , Maybe Perkins if he is there , take a late round flier on Higbee the TE because he is falling off the face of the earth after KO'ing that dude and will be the bargain of the draft if he is even drafted at all ... and toss in a guy like Morgan Burns to handle the return duties and develop him at CB .

I have always had a soft spot for feisty corners who never seem to grab the limelight but just lineup and play good hard noised football so perhaps you find a spot for Kevin Peterson in one of the remaining picks

Born2Steel
04-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Who is the 'Julius Peppers' in this class of edge rushers? One area where I HAVE TO just sit back and trust the FO is with evaluation of players and when to select. Seems every year there is a crop of players that will be the 'make it' piece. Has Clowney done anything close to expectation? It will be interesting to watch Fowler this season to see what he can actually do against NFL OTs.

Dwinsgames
04-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Who is the 'Julius Peppers' in this class of edge rushers? One area where I HAVE TO just sit back and trust the FO is with evaluation of players and when to select. Seems every year there is a crop of players that will be the 'make it' piece. Has Clowney done anything close to expectation? It will be interesting to watch Fowler this season to see what he can actually do against NFL OTs.

there isnt one...

teegre
04-20-2016, 06:25 AM
take a late round flier on Higbee the TE because he is falling off the face of the earth after KO'ing that dude and will be the bargain of the draft if he is even drafted at all

Sounds like LaGarrette Blount and/or Vontaze Burfict.

teegre
04-20-2016, 06:51 AM

Noah Spence

(He's dropping fast. Someone is about to get the steal of the draft.)

Born2Steel
04-20-2016, 07:55 AM
there isnt one...

There is one in every class for at least one team.

Born2Steel
04-20-2016, 08:02 AM
Noah Spence

(He's dropping fast. Someone is about to get the steal of the draft.)

Reading over prospects with 1-2 round grades, it's tough to tell. A guy like Ogbah seems to have huge upside and the possibility is there, but then you look at the success of the players from the same program that came before him, and you hesitate. Not always, but some systems produce higher numbers that don't translate well at the next level or individually. If that makes any sense. Spence has those qualities, but then doesn't do well in the meetings and one on ones with the coaches. Not sure what that means, exactly, but means he slides down draft boards. I've seen Chris Jones as high as going in the teens, and as low as 3rd round. But they all say he has tremendous upside, ceiling is high, words like that. I'm just thinking at least double dip, maybe triple dip. There is a diamond in this draft.

Born2Steel
04-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Robert Nkemdiche is one of those diamonds if he chooses to be. Unfortunately, I don't trust the family. Individually there is real potential, as a group, it's a tragedy waiting to happen. I can see him becoming that guy we're looking for on the DL. But no way would I take that chance with a pick as important as this one will be. My hope is he gets it all put together and we pick him up in FA after his rookie contract.

Dwinsgames
04-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Sounds like LaGarrette Blount and/or Vontaze Burfict.

with the exception that Higbee has never been in trouble before , would probably have been the #1 TE prospect in this draft if A) was coming from a better program and B) was not coming off injury so consequently got a 3rd-4th round grade because of those aspects and his limited time playing TE , but his size /speed/hands gives him the markings of the next great TE ( Travis Kelce like ) but since he was drunk , beat the hell out of this guy and his story does not quite make sense ( do to him not thinking clearly being drunk ) the talk is he could not be completely off teams boards .

not idle chatter from fans , but talk from respected draft guys and agents .

the day after this happened agent Greg Linton told me he did not think he was draftable now .

I trust his word as he has been in this game a very long time from both sides of the pew

teegre
04-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Spence has those qualities, but then doesn't do well in the meetings and one on ones with the coaches. Not sure what that means, exactly, but means he slides down draft boards.

Here's the thing: James Harrison doesn't interview well.

At the Senior Bowl, Spence was the best player on the field. When he was at Ohio St., he was flat-out amazing against top-level offensive linemen. Speaking of OSU, his former coach, Urban Meyer, said that Spence was/is a great kid; so much so, that Meyer helped Spence get into Eastern Kentucky.

My only concern is his drug addiction (which is indeed a HUGE concern).

teegre
04-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Robert Nkemdiche is one of those diamonds if he chooses to be. Unfortunately, I don't trust the family. Individually there is real potential, as a group, it's a tragedy waiting to happen. I can see him becoming that guy we're looking for on the DL. But no way would I take that chance with a pick as important as this one will be. My hope is he gets it all put together and we pick him up in FA after his rookie contract.

What's the matter?... you don't like panthers??? :lol:

teegre
04-20-2016, 12:58 PM
with the exception that Higbee has never been in trouble before , would probably have been the #1 TE prospect in this draft if A) was coming from a better program and B) was not coming off injury so consequently got a 3rd-4th round grade because of those aspects and his limited time playing TE , but his size /speed/hands gives him the markings of the next great TE ( Travis Kelce like ) but since he was drunk , beat the hell out of this guy and his story does not quite make sense ( do to him not thinking clearly being drunk ) the talk is he could not be completely off teams boards .

not idle chatter from fans , but talk from respected draft guys and agents .

the day after this happened agent Greg Linton told me he did not think he was draftable now .

I trust his word as he has been in this game a very long time from both sides of the pew

I wonder why a kid who had one bad night (albeit, a reeeeally bad night) would drop completely out of the draft.

I mean, I get it: that kind of incident usually drops a player a round or three, and since he was a R3/R4 prospect, that would place him as a R7/RFA.

But, this was his only transgression... right? Could there be something else lurking in his past???

Dwinsgames
04-20-2016, 02:08 PM
I wonder why a kid who had one bad night (albeit, a reeeeally bad night) would drop completely out of the draft.

I mean, I get it: that kind of incident usually drops a player a round or three, and since he was a R3/R4 prospect, that would place him as a R7/RFA.

But, this was his only transgression... right? Could there be something else lurking in his past???

If there is I haven't found it , pretty squeaky clean kid for all accounts but this will haunt him , his story doesn't match eye witness accounts and he KO'd the guy , this is far from over he could face jail time over this and undoubtedly at the very least he will be subject to court action if its for nothing more than a monetary settlement ...those things bring a negative light to the team that rosters him and teams will have to ask themselves if the bad press is worth it for a kid that has a handful of games started at the pos and coming off injury to merit a selection with national draft day press because we know the media will be all over it because this shit sells ...

teegre
04-20-2016, 02:22 PM
If there is I haven't found it , pretty squeaky clean kid for all accounts but this will haunt him , his story doesn't match eye witness accounts and he KO'd the guy , this is far from over he could face jail time over this and undoubtedly at the very least he will be subject to court action if its for nothing more than a monetary settlement ...those things bring a negative light to the team that rosters him and teams will have to ask themselves if the bad press is worth it for a kid that has a handful of games started at the pos and coming off injury to merit a selection with national draft day press because we know the media will be all over it because this shit sells ...

If it was just a KO, I'm not sure why the cops are involved. I've seen plenty of bar fights to know that merely knocking someone out doesn't warrant this much media attention. As you said: something doesn't match up.

Let's let the Browns draft him, they suffer the media shitstorm, and then they cut him; after the trail (where he's given community service), we pick him up.

Psycho Ward 86
04-20-2016, 02:52 PM

ive read in like 2 scouting reports that he just has a bizarre personality in general. ill sift through for it.

i would love for him to go before the 25th pick. one more boom or bust prospect that we cant even entertain taking, and also one more pick that isnt someone we ought to take a look at

Dwinsgames
04-20-2016, 02:59 PM
ive read in like 2 scouting reports that he just has a bizarre personality in general. ill sift through for it.

i would love for him to go before the 25th pick. one more boom or bust prospect that we cant even entertain taking, and also one more pick that isnt someone we ought to take a look at

that was in reference to Higbee

Mojouw
04-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Does anyone think that maybe we know too much about these prospects? Maybe it gets overthought? Would Jim McMahon even get drafted now? I mean he likes to party and I hear his focus really isn't on football...Charles Haley was legitimately crazy. He used to masturbate in team meetings. He stabbed a couple of guys in the locker room. I doubt he started doing that in the pros. Drug use has always been rampant, I think teams just didn't know about it or at least knew they would be able to cover it up.

I sometimes think it all gets overthought a bit.

Dwinsgames
04-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Does anyone think that maybe we know too much about these prospects? Maybe it gets overthought? Would Jim McMahon even get drafted now? I mean he likes to party and I hear his focus really isn't on football...Charles Haley was legitimately crazy. He used to masturbate in team meetings. He stabbed a couple of guys in the locker room. I doubt he started doing that in the pros. Drug use has always been rampant, I think teams just didn't know about it or at least knew they would be able to cover it up.

the media and consequently the league did not get involved in yesteryear like they do today and contracts where not such a heavy burden to team success , teams have to much at stake in todays era you have to uncover every leaf today and sometimes your found standing by the tree waiting on leaves to fall

teegre
04-21-2016, 12:47 PM

Crime is actually down, but the reporting of it is way, way up. Simply, we now know everything about everyone. So, Yes, some things get blown out of proportion.

The difference between between the 1980s and the 2010s is that in 1985, first round pick Smedly Van Horton getting kicked off of the Chagers for frolicking with a horse would have cost them $100,000... and no one even heard about it (it didn't affect merchandise & ticket sales). Whereas, if Robert Nkemdiche's pet panther scratches a teammate, cutting him would cost millions... and everyone would hear about it (affecting merchandise & ticket sales).

Psycho Ward 86
04-21-2016, 06:19 PM

great point. we do live in the social media age so news gets passed around with more scrutiny. didnt know about most of those crazy antics. jesus. learn something new everyday i guess

hawaiiansteeler
04-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Charles Haley was legitimately crazy. He used to masturbate in team meetings.

guess you didn't want to sit next to or in front of Charles Haley in team meatings, huh? :chuckle:

Born2Steel
04-21-2016, 08:25 PM
guess you didn't want to sit next to or in front of Charles Haley in team meatings, huh? :chuckle:

"He's got a little Mississippi Leg Hound in him. You don't want him anywhere around if you're wearing short pants, you know what I mean."

fansince'76
04-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Charles Haley was legitimately crazy. He used to masturbate in team meetings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8z2b-Z3gSw

Mojouw
04-22-2016, 12:38 PM
great point. we do live in the social media age so news gets passed around with more scrutiny. didnt know about most of those crazy antics. jesus. learn something new everyday i guess

Haley, was...ummmm...an interesting man....

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/charles-haley-penis-masturbation/269742

Also, I was wrong. Haley didn't stab a teammate, Irvin did - http://nypost.com/2008/08/31/boys-will-be-boys/

As for the finances and what-not, I get it. I can see it. I guess, and this is just for me, I have reached a point where I just don't care what these guys do or don't do anymore. As long as you are not committing an actual violent crime - I just could not care less. Spank your kids? Yawn. Smoke weed? What do I care? Have a cool foundation? Doesn't matter. Have things you are more interested in than football? Awesome. Just do your job.

All this armchair psychology crap that the media and fans wade through trying to quantify basically unquantifiable stuff. Attempting to make solid infallible projections - it is just getting to be a bit much. We have reached a point where NFL teams are getting trashed in the media because they don't draft they guy a bunch of over-dressed dipshits on TV and the internet all agreed they should.

I don't know, not really certain what my point is, but we seem to have gotten to a point where we spend more time talking about things other than actual football things. I really don't want to hear that such and such team lost because Derpy McDerp is a bad leader at the quarterback position and in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE you have to have a leader at the QUARTERBACK position. I want to hear more about scheme and gameplan. I want to discuss the move towards SS/LB hybrids to counter move TEs and pass catching RBs. Is power running going to make a return as a countermove to lighter, quicker defensive front 7's? I could give a crap whether or not Jonny Alcoholic plays again. But that is what passes for NFL "analysis" now.

Dwinsgames
04-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Haley, was...ummmm...an interesting man....

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/charles-haley-penis-masturbation/269742

Also, I was wrong. Haley didn't stab a teammate, Irvin did - http://nypost.com/2008/08/31/boys-will-be-boys/

As for the finances and what-not, I get it. I can see it. I guess, and this is just for me, I have reached a point where I just don't care what these guys do or don't do anymore. As long as you are not committing an actual violent crime - I just could not care less. Spank your kids? Yawn. Smoke weed? What do I care? Have a cool foundation? Doesn't matter. Have things you are more interested in than football? Awesome. Just do your job.

All this armchair psychology crap that the media and fans wade through trying to quantify basically unquantifiable stuff. Attempting to make solid infallible projections - it is just getting to be a bit much. We have reached a point where NFL teams are getting trashed in the media because they don't draft they guy a bunch of over-dressed dipshits on TV and the internet all agreed they should.

I don't know, not really certain what my point is, but we seem to have gotten to a point where we spend more time talking about things other than actual football things. I really don't want to hear that such and such team lost because Derpy McDerp is a bad leader at the quarterback position and in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE you have to have a leader at the QUARTERBACK position. I want to hear more about scheme and gameplan. I want to discuss the move towards SS/LB hybrids to counter move TEs and pass catching RBs. Is power running going to make a return as a countermove to lighter, quicker defensive front 7's? I could give a crap whether or not Jonny Alcoholic plays again. But that is what passes for NFL "analysis" now.

lot of truth in this , but I do want to know about things that could impact the availability of the player to the team in the future , that to me is kind of important because if he is not in uniform on Sundays he cant help the football team ... other than that I agree with most of it

Mojouw
04-22-2016, 01:05 PM
lot of truth in this , but I do want to know about things that could impact the availability of the player to the team in the future , that to me is kind of important because if he is not in uniform on Sundays he cant help the football team ... other than that I agree with most of it

I should have mentioned that as well. But many are saying that Connor Cook is going to get drafted later than his talent level indicates because people "don't like him". WTF? As long as he isn't murdering hobos or something, who gives a crap? Did anyone like Jack Lambert? I bet Chuck Bednarik was a real sweetheart.

teegre
04-22-2016, 06:55 PM
I should have mentioned that as well. But many are saying that Connor Cook is going to get drafted later than his talent level indicates because people "don't like him". WTF? As long as he isn't murdering hobos or something, who gives a crap? Did anyone like Jack Lambert? I bet Chuck Bednarik was a real sweetheart.

FWIW:
I had a buddy on Fresno State's football team, back when Trent Dilfer was there... and, they hated that guy. The O-linemen would occasionally allow a defender to get a free pass, just to knock Dilfer down. :nod:

Dwinsgames
04-22-2016, 07:36 PM
FWIW:
I had a buddy on Fresno State's football team, back when Trent Dilfer was there... and, they hated that guy. The O-linemen would occasionally allow a defender to get a free pass, just to knock Dilfer down. :nod:

was rumored to be happening fairly frequently in DC , word was RG3 was not liked much by his lineman and frankly they wanted him out

Mojouw
04-23-2016, 08:57 AM
was rumored to be happening fairly frequently in DC , word was RG3 was not liked much by his lineman and frankly they wanted him out

Yeah, I remember hearing that too. I think it was more that RGIII made them look bad AND he threw them under the bus to the media as well. In contrast Ben makes his line look bad sometimes but ALWAYS talks them up to the media.

I bet Sean Salisbury was not liked. That guy has always struck me as a jerk. I think it is funny that Dilfer was a jerk - he was soooooo bad!

Dwinsgames
04-23-2016, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I remember hearing that too. I think it was more that RGIII made them look bad AND he threw them under the bus to the media as well. In contrast Ben makes his line look bad sometimes but ALWAYS talks them up to the media.

I bet Sean Salisbury was not liked. That guy has always struck me as a jerk. I think it is funny that Dilfer was a jerk - he was soooooo bad!

you are not alone

teegre
04-23-2016, 09:36 AM
you are not alone

Indeed.

Salisbury was on local San Diego talk-radio for half a second, and he was a complete a$$hole.

SEAN: Who is your favorite Charger?
CALLER: Shawne Merriman
SEAN: Oh... so you HATE LaDainian!!!
CALLER: Uh... no, I didn't say th---
SEAN: Listen, jerk. You call into my show to rip a guy who I have had dinner with -yep, I know him well; you WISH you knew LT as well as I do- you rip him and expect me not to react??? You're an idiot!!!

teegre
04-25-2016, 06:37 AM

CB fans, listen up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/22/reports-of-failed-test-by-vernon-hargreaves-were-phony/

I wonder is a team in the 20s created the fake accounts, hoping that this would drop Hargreaves down to them...

Mojouw
04-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Indeed.

Salisbury was on local San Diego talk-radio for half a second, and he was a complete a$$hole.

SEAN: Who is your favorite Charger?
CALLER: Shawne Merriman
SEAN: Oh... so you HATE LaDainian!!!
CALLER: Uh... no, I didn't say th---
SEAN: Listen, jerk. You call into my show to rip a guy who I have had dinner with -yep, I know him well; you WISH you knew LT as well as I do- you rip him and expect me not to react??? You're an idiot!!!

That sounds about right!