PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Crosby hits a HR

Borski
09-08-2010, 05:33 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537039&cmpid=pit-fb-pghpenguins

Sid the Kid hits a HR in Pirates batting Practice! Lets sign him to the Buccos, he can play for them when theres no Pens game!

oneforthetoe
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Yea the only problem is Nutty would trade him to New York after 6 months.

HometownGal
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Yea the only problem is Nutty would trade him to New York after 6 months.

:lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

steelpride12
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Cool to see the Pens interacting with the Bucco's Im sure our Baseball team could use all the players possible!

steelerdude15
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Let's see Ovechkin do that.

steelersfanman92
09-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Crosby Blasts Batting Practice Home Run at PNC Park Wednesday, 09.08.2010 / 3:32 PM / Features By Jason Seidling

We all know what Sidney Crosby can do on the ice, but on Wednesday afternoon the Penguins captain displayed his all-around athletic skills by hitting a home run at PNC Park during batting practice with eight of his fellow Penguins teammates.

Stepping into left-handed batter’s box a la Pirates rookie slugger Pedro Alvarez, Crosby smashed the fifth pitch he saw off the base of the wall in right center field not far from where Alvarez delivered his game-winning hit on Tuesday night.

As soon as the ball left Crosby’s bat, Dupuis knew what Crosby’s near miss meant.

“We are going to be here all day if he doesn’t put one out,” said Dupuis half-jokingly.

Crosby, who played baseball until the age of 13, didn’t hit a home run during his first go-around, but a shot off the fence located just above the Clemente Wall in right field that missed clearing by inches made him all the more determined to take one yard.

About 20 minutes later Crosby stepped to the plate again, and after about 15 more swings and three more near misses – including a ground-rule double – the Penguins captain quickly drew his hands through the hitting zone and connected on a belt-high inside pitch and delivered a mammoth 370-foot home run to right field.

“It was halfway up the deck there above the Clemente Wall – pretty impressive,” former Pirates first baseman Sean Casey said.

“I’ve never done that before,” smiled Crosby just seconds after hitting his blast. “I had a little bit of an edge because of I am a lefty. To be able to come out here was awesome and to be able to put one out was great.”

Pirates rookie second baseman Neil Walker, a Pine-Richland native and avid Penguins supporter, participated in batting practice and he came away impressed with Crosby’s hit.

“He obviously has some serious hand-eye coordination,” Walker said. “I think he would catch on pretty quickly. He is a natural athlete. That was quite a shot right there. That was all of 360-370 feet. That’s some serious strength there’s no doubt about that.”

Following his hitting barrage Crosby wanted to say thank you to the Pirates for allowing him and his teammates the chance to spend a late-summer afternoon bonding at the ballpark.

“It was nice for the Pirates to have us out here,” he said. “We appreciate it. A lot of us don’t normally have the chance to do something like this.”

Video included on the site http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537039&navid=DL%7CPIT%7Chome

X-Terminator
09-10-2010, 06:24 AM
This was already posted and I merged the threads. Also, in the future, please refrain from posting entire articles, for legal purposes. Post a few lines of the story and then the link. Thanks!

st33lersguy
09-10-2010, 08:18 AM
He better than most of the pirates players

cakmakli
09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
He better than most of the pirates players

Cept for Homeboy Walker. That kid is the shit.