PDA

View Full Version : Counting down the Steelers' best 3rd-rd picks since 2006

polamalubeast
04-12-2016, 10:38 AM
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/04/nfl_draft_steelers_3rd-round.html#0

steelreserve
04-12-2016, 04:38 PM
lol, Emmanuel Sanders as the #1 pick.

News flash: When a player you drafted leaves and goes on to be successful for another team, it does not help you AT ALL.

By that logic, Brett Favre would be the best draft pick of all-time for the Falcons, and Drew Brees won a Super Bowl for the Chargers.

Psycho Ward 86
04-12-2016, 06:42 PM
seems to me the criteria has nothing to do with who he was most successful with, just who drafted him. nothing wrong with that. it very well seems to be manny sanders for the past couple years.

ah how refreshing, yet another free agent departure that steeler fans have turned sour on through no fault of their own

ALLD
04-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Best all time 3rd round pick is probably some guy named Mel Blount. He was pretty good even though he was a third rounder. Then you have Hines Ward, Joey Porter and Mike Merriweather. I don't think Dri Archer or Bruce Davis would make the list.

Born2Steel
04-13-2016, 01:59 PM
I would have to vote for Hines Ward myself.

As for Sanders, I wish he hadn't left. I don't think we would be disappointed with Wheaton or Bryant, or pinning any hopes on Coates if he had stayed. Instead we would have 2 #1s with a solid 3/4 at WR. Pile on the Lombardis. But, IMO, Ward was more than just a WR for this team.