PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Schedule Visit With Darian Thompson, Interest In Kamalei Correa

Shoes
03-31-2016, 06:13 PM
I'd be happy with Correa also.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/steelers-visit-scheduled-darian-thompson/

hawaiiansteeler
03-31-2016, 11:45 PM
I'd be happy with Correa also.

Steelers Depot wrote: "Pauline gave out two other nuggets of information. The Steelers have reported interest in OLB Kamalei Correa and may look at him with the 25th pick. The team reportedly had dinner with the outside linebacker last night."

in Round 1?

teegre
04-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Steelers Depot wrote: "Pauline gave out two other nuggets of information. The Steelers have reported interest in OLB Kamalei Correa and may look at him with the 25th pick. The team reportedly had dinner with the outside linebacker last night."

in Round 1?

IMO: no way at 25.

I would put him on the list with Shaq Calhoun (as possible picks at 58).

THOMPSON:
If they draft him, I'd move Mitchell to SS... where I feel that Mitchell will excel. Mitchell seems out of position as a FS. Yes, he's fast, but he likes contact.

hawaiiansteeler
04-01-2016, 05:04 PM
my all-Polynesian Steelers draft: :thumbsup:

1) Su'a Cravens SS USC
2) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St
3) Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU
4) Isaac Seumalo OG Oregon St
6) Ian Seau OLB Nevada
7a) Ka'imi Fairbairn K UCLA
7b) Halapoulivaati Vaitai OT TCU

Count Steeler
04-01-2016, 08:59 PM
my all-Polynesian Steelers draft: :thumbsup:

1) Su'a Cravens SS USC
2) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St
3) Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU
4) Isaac Seumalo OG Oregon St
6) Ian Seau OLB Nevada
7a) Ka'imi Fairbairn K UCLA
7b) Halapoulivaati Vaitai OT TCU

Get the Polynesian Hall of Fame to build a Steelers wing.

hawaiiansteeler
04-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Get the Polynesian Hall of Fame to build a Steelers wing.

who do we have so far?

Troy Polamalu, Kimo von Oelhoffen, Chris Kemoeatu, Rockne Freitas, Shaun Nua, Zach Tuiasosopo and Chris Fuamatu-Maafala are the only ones I can think of...

Count Steeler
04-02-2016, 07:11 AM
who do we have so far?

Troy Polamalu, Kimo von Oelhoffen, Chris Kemoeatu, Rockne Freitas, Shaun Nua, Zach Tuiasosopo and Chris Fuamatu-Maafala are the only ones I can think of...

How many more are there?

Dwinsgames
04-02-2016, 09:55 AM
How many more are there?

:noidea: 2 more than I would have listed

Bluecoat96
04-02-2016, 10:13 AM
You play nice, Dwins.

Dwinsgames
04-02-2016, 11:15 AM
You play nice, Dwins.

huh ?

Bluecoat96
04-02-2016, 12:24 PM
huh ?

Sorry. You sound just like a former member here with some of your posts. No biggie. Not a bad thing.

hawaiiansteeler
04-02-2016, 02:18 PM

you are absolutely correct and I agree 100% with you. the only criteria I used was that they had Polynesian blood in them and had been on a Steelers roster for at least one second. :chuckle:

I'm very familiar with Kamalei Correa. he's a local boy who played here in Honolulu at Saint Louis HS, the same one Marcus Mariota graduated from. he has great physical ability, I've just always thought with that amount of talent he should dominate more than he does. Pittsburgh, Seattle and Arizona are all rumored to be interested in him in the first round, but I personally think that's too high for him.

teegre
04-02-2016, 02:23 PM
How many more are there?

The only other that I can think of are Ike Taylor and Kent Graham.

Dwinsgames
04-02-2016, 03:02 PM
you are absolutely correct and I agree 100% with you. the only criteria I used was that they had Polynesian blood in them and had been on a Steelers roster for at least one second. :chuckle:

I'm very familiar with Kamalei Correa. he's a local boy who played here in Honolulu at Saint Louis HS, the same one Marcus Mariota graduated from. he has great physical ability, I've just always thought with that amount of talent he should dominate more than he does. Pittsburgh, Seattle and Arizona are all rumored to be interested in him in the first round, but I personally think that's too high for him.

I really like him as a prospect as well but agree round 1 is a reach I thought he would go ( and he might ) late 2nd to 3rd but you just never know what teams are thinking into they tell you via the pick

Dwinsgames
04-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Sorry. You sound just like a former member here with some of your posts. No biggie. Not a bad thing.

gotcha

Drazo85
04-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Alameda Ta'amu

hawaiiansteeler
04-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Alameda Ta'amu

yup, good one! forgot all about him.

isn't he available as an unsigned free agent right now? we do need another NT right now...

Drazo85
04-02-2016, 06:45 PM
yup, good one! forgot all about him.

isn't he available as an unsigned free agent right now? we do need another NT right now...
His wikipedia page shows he signed with chiefs.

st33lersguy
04-02-2016, 07:32 PM
This caught my eye, hope it is was just a smokescreen to Boise State or wild baseless speculation. Would hate to think that they really weren't considering a top flight DL in the 1st round

“The belief from people at Boise State’s pro day is the Steelers will take the best defensive back seven player (safety/cornerback/linebacker) when they are called to the clock in Round 1.”