PDA

View Full Version : My new theory on who we should draft at CB

Cyphon25
03-27-2016, 07:43 AM
Almost since the day draft talk has gotten started I have been all about Mackensie Alexander as the CB we should go for. I constantly scoffed at the idea of a William Jackson, an Eli Apple or some other CB being mocked to us or talked about. However, that has all now changed after I woke up this morning to a profound revelation that has shaken me to my core.

What I want you all to do is make a list of the most notable Steelers CB's and write them down. Here are 3 you should see consistently on these lists:

- Rod Woodson
- Mel Blount
- Ike Taylor

Notice anything consistent about these players? They ALL have first names consisting of only 3 letters! Now I will show you the list 10 years from now:

- Rod Woodson
- Mel Blount
- Ike Taylor
- Eli Apple

There you have it folks! I have broken the code and ensured greatness at the CB position for years to come. I hope you all have enjoyed this enlightenment and Happy Easter to all of you.

stillers4me
03-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Works for me! You. Are. A. Genius.

#7...here we come! :drink:

Texasteel
03-27-2016, 08:00 AM
And here I've been wasting my time on scouting reports, and watching the players on the field. Then again, sometimes that is easier for me that counting to 3.

tube517
03-27-2016, 08:09 AM
Isn't his real name "Elias"? :chuckle:

(Just kidding. I have no idea what his real first name is)

86WARD
03-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Scouting the players and trying to analyze who has great hips, who is too stiff, who has a weird throwing motion...blah, blah, blah...really, the talking heads or any of us know how a player is really going to pan out...and you can't even make an educated guess anymore.

Let me remind you:

"10 years from now, we're going to say Limas Sweed was the most productive and most talented WR in the 2008 NFL Draft Class." Said Todd McShay of ESPN.

Now to Todd's credit, Sweed still has two seasons left...

86WARD
03-27-2016, 08:13 AM

And Woodson's was Roddington.

Cyphon25
03-27-2016, 08:37 AM

Because you said this I had to go check and what I found makes my theory even stronger.

Eli Apple use to be known as Eli Woodard.

Rod Woodson
Eli Woodard.

This my friends, is fate.

And Woodson's was Roddington.

Roderick.

SteelerFanInStl
03-27-2016, 08:59 AM
And now we finally know why Chad Scott sucked. :wink02:

Count Steeler
03-27-2016, 09:07 AM
So if we called Antwon Blake, Ant our problems would have been solved last year.

BigNastyDefense
03-27-2016, 09:30 PM
And now we finally know why Chad Scott sucked. :wink02:

His name was Chad Scott? I always called him Burnt Toast

hawaiiansteeler
03-27-2016, 09:41 PM
His name was Chad Scott? I always called him Burnt Toast

I didn't realize his first name was Chad either.

I always thought it was Charred...