PDA

View Full Version : Impact Players

RunNGun
03-24-2016, 07:51 PM
With the departures of starters Steve McLendon, Antwon Blake, Heath Miller, Kelvin Beachum, and Will Allen, not to mention Martavis Bryant self destructing, it's safe to say we will be seeing a lot more of some familiar faces, as well as new. Who do you all believe can make the biggest impact and possibly upgrade their position?
I believe Sammie Coates will fill Bryant's shoes. He may not be the redzone threat Bryant is, but I believe he has better hands and runs crisper routes. He will be a more reliable target for #7.
My runner up would be Senquez Golson. This is more of a prayer pick, as we know nothing about him, but we really need a cb to step up this season and what better player to do that than our second round draft pick. If he can help put our passing defense into the top 15 in the NFL it would be a success.
My honorable mention pick is LaDarius Green. I'm excited to see what Ben can do with a TE who can stretch the field. Something he's never had in his career. At the same time, I don't believe he will be the reliable security blanket Heath was, which is why he gets HM.
Notable players: Villunueva, Wheaton, McCullers, Dupree, Cockrell, Golden

Steeldude
03-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Good first post.

Born2Steel
03-25-2016, 07:40 PM
I like Senquez to make the biggest omprovement. I understand he didn't play a down so that's kinda cheating, but, hear me out. I watched this guy play at Ole Miss many, many games. And he is a star!!! Mark my words, I'm now afraid he will keep getting hurt because I put him up there, but this dude can ball. Weird thing was, when I was watching the draft, I wasn't even thinking about him, and then his name was called, and I was all in. This guy will help our secondary a lot.

Runner up, I'm taking Shaz. After a couple injuries, I've started to notice the moans and groans that he will not measure up or be worthy of his 1st round selection. My hope is that this is the year he breaks out and becomes that household name. I know he has the skills.

For an honorable mention....I'll take the entire WR corps. It's going to be a "who do you double" problem for the other guys.

RunNGun
03-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Shazier is a great pick. I didn't include him because I thought he broke out somewhat last year. He definitely showed flashes of brilliance. It's all about health with this guy. If he puts on some weight this offseason and maintains his speed he could really start turning heads.

RunNGun
03-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Appreciate it SteelDude :hatsoff: