PDA

View Full Version : Sean Spence to the Titans

Shoes
03-16-2016, 12:54 PM
Titans, Sean Spence Agree To Deal
https://www.profootballrumors.com/titans-sean-spence-agree-to-deal/

steelreserve
03-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Well, unless we didn't even try to make him an offer at all, let me be the first one to say fuck you, Spence.

Go about 10 light-years out of your way to save someone's career, and your reward is a one-and-done, and not even for a lot of money. That ought to teach us to be nice to people.

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Well, unless we didn't even try to make him an offer at all, let me be the first one to say fuck you, Spence.

Go about 10 light-years out of your way to save someone's career, and your reward is a one-and-done, and not even for a lot of money. That ought to teach us to be nice to people.

OUCH My brother. Easy. Sean has a right to get what he can. Nobody really owes anyone anything in this world. Sad but true.

Shoes
03-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Vince Williams will do just fine. Zumwalt needs to get over his injury bug.

Mojouw
03-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Good for Spence and good for the Steelers. Spence has not turned out to be able to do what it was thought he could when he was drafted. The hope was for him to be some cross between Shazier and Deone Buchannon from the Cards. Whether it was the injury or whatever else, Spence isn't panning out to be that player.

Time to get another young LB in and see if they can be the "run and hit" guy that replaces Timmons in a year or two.

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 01:32 PM
I think another reason maybe Spence wasn't pursued by us is that they like Anthony Chickillo a great deal as well.

tube517
03-16-2016, 01:33 PM
I knew LeBeau would get his man.

Hawkman
03-16-2016, 01:40 PM

Come back from the edge......not sure we were trying to keep him. Like the re-hab story, and he's done well as a back- up but never see him as a starter after that injury.

ALLD
03-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Good for him and good for the Steelers. He made some plays, but nothing spectacular.

steelreserve
03-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Come back from the edge......not sure we were trying to keep him. Like the re-hab story, and he's done well as a back- up but never see him as a starter after that injury.

OUCH My brother. Easy. Sean has a right to get what he can. Nobody really owes anyone anything in this world. Sad but true.

Hey, I'm not "on the edge." I mean, this is not a back-breaking departure for us, just a little inconvenient. But unless we flat-out told him we had no interest, I still think it's a dick move. Especially since all he signed is a one-year deal.

We paid the guy upwards of a million bucks to do jack shit except get healthy so maybe one day he could have a productive career with us, and without a doubt he spent two whole years with Steelers team doctors and/or UPMC getting the gold-standard treatment so he could recover, and possibly one of those doctors was the one who did the surgery that saved his leg (can't find much info about who that actually was).

So while ordinarily I am at the front of the line of people who will tell you it's a business and nobody owes anyone a thing, if there's one exceptional case, this is it. I'd say that guy owes the Steelers a ton.

And please don't call him "Sean" like he's your brother or your friend, while trying to explain how there's nothing personal about it. That's just silly. "Spence" will do just fine.

polamalubeast
03-16-2016, 03:21 PM
1 year,2.5 millions for Spence....

tube517
03-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Would not surprise me if he comes back in 2017. V.Williams is a UFA in 2017.

Steelers have a history of bringing back former players.

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Why does anyone really care about a guy who has never done anything for us ? I mean he averaged barely 1 tackle a game the past 2 years. He was short, undersized and Injury prone. I mean can we move on please ?

Rotorhead
03-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Why does anyone really care about a guy who has never done anything for us ? I mean he averaged barely 1 tackle a game the past 2 years. He was short, undersized and Injury prone. I mean can we move on please ?

Stop talking. Aside from his one major injury which most don't even return from he hasn't been injured.

I thought he was doing much better this last season, which was really his first full season back from injury and his first full season playing pro football. I can see him improving faster than an typical rookie to be a solid ILB in the future. I don't think the Steelers pursued him really, I am guessing they let him test FA and if they wanted to match anything they would have. I would also think if the Steeler's offered him anything close to what the Titans gave him he would have probably taken it. I am happy he got something and hopefully he can continue to get better in his career.

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Stop talking. Aside from his one major injury which most don't even return from he hasn't been injured.

I thought he was doing much better this last season, which was really his first full season back from injury and his first full season playing pro football. I can see him improving faster than an typical rookie to be a solid ILB in the future. I don't think the Steelers pursued him really, I am guessing they let him test FA and if they wanted to match anything they would have. I would also think if the Steeler's offered him anything close to what the Titans gave him he would have probably taken it. I am happy he got something and hopefully he can continue to get better in his career.

Yeah right. Which must explain why ALL those teams were beating down Sean's door during free agency..:whoo:

Rotorhead
03-16-2016, 04:31 PM
He got signed didn't he? Obviously there was some interest there wasn't there? I also recall him making more plays on the field that Jarvis so there's that.

SteelerFanInStl
03-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Regardless of how it happened, his leaving has left us very thin at ILB.

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Regardless of how it happened, his leaving has left us very thin at ILB.

He can be easily replaced by any number of Vets who will be released after June...no worries.

Born2Steel
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
He went to play with LeBeau. Sorry to see him leave kind of. I was hoping for great things from him, in a hybrid LB/SS way.

katmandu
03-16-2016, 07:18 PM
I think another reason maybe Spence wasn't pursued by us is that they like Anthony Chickillo a great deal as well.Chick is an OL. Not an IL.

Will the Steelers get Comp picks in next year's Draft due to losing Free Agents ???

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Chick is an OL. Not an IL.

Will the Steelers get Comp picks in next year's Draft due to losing Free Agents ???

bHe actually can play ILB better then OLB, which he never has played at anytime in his life. He lost weight last year before camp, and was learning both positions. But bottom line, like I said, after July 1...there will be a lot of better ILB who will be cut for Cap reasons that we can get who are better then Sean Spence.

tube517
03-16-2016, 08:06 PM
Chick is an OL. Not an IL.

Depends on how many lost and how many signed

hawaiiansteeler
03-16-2016, 08:18 PM
Titans sign ILB Sean Spence (1 year, $2.5 million): C+ Grade

Sean Spence has yet to live up to his third-round billing. He was chosen in that frame back in 2012, but couldn't even take the field until 2014 because of injuries. He was just mediocre by then, and continued to play that way this past season. Spence wasn't bad in coverage, but was abused against the run - which was expected of him when coming out of college.

Spence is a bit overpaid here, as he could've been obtained for less. As a positive though, Spence will be reunited with his former defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau, so there won't be any sort of transition period.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#DHpUOAHuBkp23OwH.99

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 08:37 PM
I would see if the Steelers could maybe make a play for Kelvin Sheppard, formerly of the Dolphins. He's good tested Vet ILB who is available.

katmandu
03-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Depends on how many lost and how many signedWhat's the formula ?

steelerkitty
03-16-2016, 09:06 PM
After reading his comments today after being Cut by the Browns, I wonder if Karlos Dansby would wanna come here. Not only for a chance to win, but to get a crack at the Browns 2 times ???

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/karlos-dansby-cleveland-browns-taking-vicious-verbal-jabs-after-being-cut-031616

fansince'76
03-16-2016, 10:04 PM
What's the formula ?

The formula used to award compensatory draft picks, developed by the NFL Management Council, has never been publicly revealed.

The Basics and Methodology of Projecting the NFL’s Compensatory Draft Picks
(http://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/)
Nobody really knows. Nothing shady about that, eh?

tube517
03-16-2016, 10:31 PM
The Basics and Methodology of Projecting the NFL’s Compensatory Draft Picks
(http://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/)
Nobody really knows. Nothing shady about that, eh?

Where is the monkey dart photo? :chuckle: