PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott Arrested, Charged With DUI

Shoes
03-13-2016, 09:26 AM
BY DAVE BRYAN (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/davebryan/) MARCH 13, 2016 AT 08:37 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers appeared to have taken quite a bit of interest in Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott over the course of the last several weeks and it will now be interesting to see if they remain interested following him being arrested early Saturday morning (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2016/03/12/dak-prescott-arrested-dui-starkville/81715850/) and charged with a DUI.
Prescott has reportedly since been released on bond and his representation, Pro Sports Management, have refused to comment on the situation to the media since the incident took place.
Prescott, who threw for 3,793 yards and scored 39 combined touchdowns with just five interceptions in 2015, met with the Pittsburgh Steelers at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis at the end of February. The Steelers also attended Prescott’s pro day this past Thursday and quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner apparently even went as far as to have the young quarterback throw extra for him after the regular workout was completed.
While the news of Prescott’s Saturday morning DUI is certainly discouraging and likely to hurt his draft stock some, it’s not the end of the world for the young quarterback. He still has time to admit his mistake and sell himself to teams that he has learned his lesson and is ready to start acting like a responsible adult and a professional.
When it comes to the Steelers future interest in Prescott, one would think they’ll investigate his latest incident quite thoroughly. While they could decide to remove him completely from their draft board, they have drafted other players with worse character red flags over the course of the last several years. We’ll now have to wait and see if they bring Prescott to Pittsburgh for a pre-draft visit next month as they are allowed 30 of those with players outside of the geographical area.
It was hard to gauge where Prescott will ultimately wind up being drafted before he was arrested and it will be even harder now to do just that due to his recent arrest.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/mississippi-state-qb-dak-prescott-arrested-charged-with-dui/

st33lersguy
03-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Hopefully this takes him off the steelers radar

hawaiiansteeler
03-13-2016, 12:55 PM
[SIZE=3]Pittsburgh Steelers[/FONT] appeared to have taken quite a bit of interest in Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott over the course of the last several weeks and it will now be interesting to see if they remain interested

When it comes to the Steelers future interest in Prescott, one would think they’ll investigate his latest incident quite thoroughly. While they could decide to remove him completely from their draft board, they have drafted other players with worse character red flags over the course of the last several years.

and the guys who had those character red flags haven't worked out too well either: Chris Rainey, Alameda Ta'amu, Mike Adams, Maryjanetavis Bryant...

lipps83
03-13-2016, 01:14 PM
DUI's are okay in the NFL. You can go ahead and even kill someone while drunk driving, at most it is a 10 game suspension.

Alcohol is cool in their book.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11455604/josh-brent-formerly-dallas-cowboys-return-week-11-conditions

Count Steeler
03-13-2016, 05:50 PM
If it drops him to the seventh round, maybe take a flyer on him. Can he be worse than Landry Jones?

ALLD
03-13-2016, 05:53 PM
The back up QB would need his own back up. Johnny Manziel II?

Steelman
03-14-2016, 03:33 AM
Hopefully this means we can forget drafting a useless 4th round quarterback now.

Steeldude
03-14-2016, 03:40 AM
Hopefully this takes him off the steelers radar

I hope so. Didn't the Steelers learn that running QBs don't work in the NFL?

ALLD
03-14-2016, 06:21 AM
Drunk QBs do not find success in this league either.

Born2Steel
03-14-2016, 08:17 AM
Are we sure he was drunk? Isn't that what Bell was charged with when he got arrested? I say let it play out a little longer and see what's what. How many times has this happened to Prescott? Is it a problem or a one time thing he can hopefully learn from?

Cyphon25
03-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Are we sure he was drunk? Isn't that what Bell was charged with when he got arrested? I say let it play out a little longer and see what's what. How many times has this happened to Prescott? Is it a problem or a one time thing he can hopefully learn from?

A small part of me agrees with you and yes, Le'Veon Bell had a DUI. The issue I have is the stupidity of the whole thing. You are literally sitting here poised to make millions of dollars and you still take this chance. So for me the worst part of this from the teams perspective isn't drinking/smoking and driving (although that is plenty bad), but choosing to do it when you are in the position you are in.

It is the same problem I have when people keep failing these drug tests (see Martavis Bryant). I don't care for one second that he smokes weed but you KNOW when you are going to be tested. Take a fucking break and pass the test and get right back to it. The league basically gives you a big window of time to smoke until you drop.

Born2Steel
03-14-2016, 09:02 AM
A small part of me agrees with you and yes, Le'Veon Bell had a DUI. The issue I have is the stupidity of the whole thing. You are literally sitting here poised to make millions of dollars and you still take this chance. So for me the worst part of this from the teams perspective isn't drinking/smoking and driving (although that is plenty bad), but choosing to do it when you are in the position you are in.

It is the same problem I have when people keep failing these drug tests (see Martavis Bryant). I don't care for one second that he smokes weed but you KNOW when you are going to be tested. Take a fucking break and pass the test and get right back to it. The league basically gives you a big window of time to smoke until you drop.

Oh, It is stupid. To even let yourself be in any situation that could jeopardize your future now, is not smart at best. DUI is not always what it sounds like. Could be Dak was completely smashed and in no shape to even walk, could be a routine stop where he was tested and blew at the limit. Didn't feel it but was legally over. Could be the officer smelled weed. He was not charged with possession or open container so he at least has that going for him. All I'm saying is give it time and see what surfaces. He may be another dumbass, or just another kid making a mistake.

BigNastyDefense
03-14-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm not defending drinking and driving - my cousin was killed by one in the mid 90's and I will never condone driving when you know you shouldn't be.

However, alcohol affects everyone differently.

Yeah, maybe he was hammered and was pulled over for erratic driving. If that's the case, then he can go suck on a lemon (I wasn't hoping the Steelers would draft him anyhow).

However, three equal and same beers in two different people can have totally different effects. One person could be hammered, the other could be fine but would still blow at or slightly above the limit but have no issues and even could pass a field sobriety test.

I'm not excusing what happened, he will probably drop a round or two no matter which way this happened.

Cyphon25
03-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Pretty sure if it was the hammered and stumbling scenario we would be hearing about a DWI and not a DUI.

Rotorhead
03-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Well, I hope he cost himself a few million, maybe that will straighten him up. I can not believe these morons even get into these situations (and for the record I was a Div I athlete and know how the parties etc are). If they are too stupid to think about their future, they are probably too stupid to be a quality player. It is far easier now to not drive impaired with Uber, taxi's or just friends willing to drive. To get a DUI now days is just pathetic.